How should Phase 2 of the MCU be handled?

#1 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

How would you deal with the second phase of marvel's cinematic universe? At the end of avengers, we saw Thanos so it is likely that he is the villain the the next movie. Here's how I would write the movies if I could.

Iron Man 3 (May 2013)

It has been revealed that Iron Man 3 will take place in China, so it will likely have the Mandarin as a villain. I would have this version of the Mandarin be VERY different from the comic books, just to make him more modern. He will be a warlord, who is in a South-East Asian territory dispute with the secretly resurfaced HYDRA (who will only be vaguely alluded to in the film). The Mandarin and HYDRA are in a race to find the 4 infinity gems that arrived in South Asia when the tesseract went insane. This justifies Thanos' (who will also be vaguely alluded to) interest in Earth. The Mandarin and HYDRA both want the gems for different reasons. The Mandarin worships death, and plans to sacrifice the gems to Thanos. Tony Stark is on a buisiness trip in Asia, and the story writes itself from there. At the climax, The Mandarin is defeated, but sends the purple gem of space to his "master". The After credits scene: Thanos sets his sights for Asgard. There is also a Luke Cage cameo, in which Iron Man interrupts a Beijing arms dealer meeting, and must deal with a young Luke Cage (not-yet powered)

Thor 2 (November 2013)

Asgard is under constant attack, after the nine realms erupted into a revolution, following the destruction of the Bifrost. A reluctant, travel guide Loki, and Thor must travel across the now hostile plains of existence to track down the stolen Infinity Gauntlet, which was taken from the Asgardian hall of weapons, along with the gems of Power, Mind, and Reality that were with it, with Sif and the Warriors Three. Eventually, they must gather an army to battle the mind-controlled Surtur, but cannot restore the gauntlet. Enchantress is the villain who has betrayed Asgard for Thanos.

Captain America 2 (April 2014)

HYDRA has occupied a vast amount of the middle east in search of it's almost 7 year-long search for the gem of time, which they plan to use to help their world conquest. In London, they ransack the apartment, of "asset" Pietro Maximoff. He escapes in an instant using his super speed, but his four yr old sister, Wanda is taken. Baron Zemo, disfigured head of HYDRA, threatens to kill her unless Pietro deals agrees to be part of the Masters, a group of mercenaries that will deal with any problems Zemo might have. After the gem of time causes a massive incident, involving creatures from the past to emerge in a HYDRA-occupied middle eastern city, Cap and SHEILD are sent to intervene. The incident is revealed to be a trap, and Zemo sends the Mercenaries to crash the retreating helicarrier. Pietro schools Cap. The helicarrier, with Cap on it, crashed in the Desert. Zemo has his science division find a way to go back in time to save the Red Skull, but it will take a lot of time. Cap, and the surviving SHEILD agents journey through the desert, which is full of the nastiest creatures that Zemo can find in the time-space continuum. Meanwhile, in HYDRA's middle eastern capital, Wanda is shot after exhibiting mutant powers of her own, and one of her projection vaguely resembles Magneto. Wanda dies, and Pietro engages Zemo, causing Pietro to be thrown off of a tower. He survives, and is taken in by an underground resistance force, with a gem of their own, that has been part of their cultue for generations. Using the soul gem, they find Captain America, raid a HYDRA convoy, smuggle Cap and the SHEILD agents into the city, and stage a riot. Which results in HYDRA losing any ground in the middle east. Zemo is killed, but first launches both gems into the time space continuum. Pietro, now using the codename Quicksliver, joins the Avengers. After credits: Thanos finds the remaining two gems, and prepares to attack, Earth, and whatever other planets he has not reached yet.

I know some of them are pretty bad.

#2 Posted by Onemoreposter (4065 posts) - - Show Bio

Robert Downey JR dies and is replaced by War Machine. Thor shows some actual might and Cap proves himself as a tactician and leader.

#3 Posted by GothamRed (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: why kill him? he's good at what he's doing

#4 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty good!

#5 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

Robert Downey JR dies and is replaced by War Machine. Thor shows some actual might and Cap proves himself as a tactician and leader.

What new member would you like to see?

#6 Posted by GothamRed (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man 3: Mandarin or the Armor Wars

Thor 2: Thor/Sif Relationship, Amora, Valkyrie, Balder

Cap 2: Falcon, Sharon Carter, Winter Soldier (if for not in the plot then as the PCS)

#7 Posted by Onemoreposter (4065 posts) - - Show Bio

@GothamRed said:

@Onemoreposter: why kill him? he's good at what he's doing

Yeah, he was awesome at first. In IM2 he started coming off as a complete egotistical c*nt though, and by the Avenger I felt that's all he was.I think him dying and Rhodes taking up the mantle would be awesome. I know it won't happen, but personally I have trouble standing RDJ in this series anymore.

#8 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

From hint about a "big villain" on Thor 2 im thinking Surtur.

#9 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want some mutants in the films!

#10 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23: You realize that even if Wanda and Pietro appear, they won't be mutants right? Mutants are a product of the X-Gene which is part of the rights of the X-Men which FOX has. They will explain them as Metahuman or something else instead of mutants cause the mention of Mutants will make FOX sue happy.

#11 Posted by cattlebattle (12820 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like all the solo movies leading into Avengers...I mean its cool if some of the characters interact,obviously thats the point of the Marvel Cinematic world but all the villains knowingly working for Thanos and all of them coming together for the Avengers is kind of a waste isn't it......its like ah, whatever...these guys were only working for the REAL threat....The sequels for solo movies should be isolated adventures for the characters.

#12 Posted by Chaos Burn (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably no Quicksilver or Wanda in Avengers, since they're most likely owned by Fox along with the rest of mutant kind

#13 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Nightcrawler23: You realize that even if Wanda and Pietro appear, they won't be mutants right? Mutants are a product of the X-Gene which is part of the rights of the X-Men which FOX has. They will explain them as Metahuman or something else instead of mutants cause the mention of Mutants will make FOX sue happy.

FOX owns specific characters, and MARVEL owns specific characters. Wanda and Pietro are neutral territory. FOX owns almost every mutant character, but not the concept of mutants, themselves. MARVEL can reintroduce the idea of being "the next step in evolution" and a new species emerging. It'd be great for future Avengers stories, although, I'm sure MARVEL won't want to risk being sued, and will give a clever explanation for Wanda and Pietro having powers, like this:

Cap: So, how did and your sister end up like that?

Pietro: Like What?

Cap: Your powers. How did you get them?

Pietro: I don't think I understand the question.

Tony: Was it an expieriment gone wrong? Are you aliens? Did you drink a lot of milk?

Pietro: Expieriments? Aliens?

Cap: Nevermind.

#14 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Nightcrawler23: You realize that even if Wanda and Pietro appear, they won't be mutants right? Mutants are a product of the X-Gene which is part of the rights of the X-Men which FOX has. They will explain them as Metahuman or something else instead of mutants cause the mention of Mutants will make FOX sue happy.

FOX owns specific characters, and MARVEL owns specific characters. Wanda and Pietro are neutral territory. FOX owns almost every mutant character, but not the concept of mutants, themselves. MARVEL can reintroduce the idea of being "the next step in evolution" and a new species emerging. It'd be great for future Avengers stories, although, I'm sure MARVEL won't want to risk being sued, and will give a clever explanation for Wanda and Pietro having powers, like this:

Cap: So, how did and your sister end up like that?

Pietro: Like What?

Cap: Your powers. How did you get them?

Pietro: I don't think I understand the question.

Tony: Was it an expieriment gone wrong? Are you aliens? Did you drink a lot of milk?

Pietro: Expieriments? Aliens?

Cap: Nevermind.

The X-Men Rights also allows them concepts and items like the X-Gene, the Blackbird, Cerebro, etc. Wanda and Pietro are co-owned as explained by Kevin Feige. Which means Wanda and Pietro can be in both X-Men films and in the Avengers movieverse. But You realize though that any concept of Marvel Mutants appearing outside of X-Men will cause Fox to sue, hence why they will use the "They are Metahuman" cop out.

#15 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring Wolverine and Spider-Man back home MARVEL.

#16 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

I like your ideas, especially for Iron Man 3

#17 Edited by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrUnknown: Thanks.

Does anyone have a clue what new solo films MARVEL could be releasing? I heard Ant-Man being tossed around. But an Ant-Man film is more likely to be called "Goliath", or "Giant-Man", unless it is a comedy. There should be a HULK movie in 2014, I believe.

#18 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Nightcrawler23 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Nightcrawler23: You realize that even if Wanda and Pietro appear, they won't be mutants right? Mutants are a product of the X-Gene which is part of the rights of the X-Men which FOX has. They will explain them as Metahuman or something else instead of mutants cause the mention of Mutants will make FOX sue happy.

FOX owns specific characters, and MARVEL owns specific characters. Wanda and Pietro are neutral territory. FOX owns almost every mutant character, but not the concept of mutants, themselves. MARVEL can reintroduce the idea of being "the next step in evolution" and a new species emerging. It'd be great for future Avengers stories, although, I'm sure MARVEL won't want to risk being sued, and will give a clever explanation for Wanda and Pietro having powers, like this:

Cap: So, how did and your sister end up like that?

Pietro: Like What?

Cap: Your powers. How did you get them?

Pietro: I don't think I understand the question.

Tony: Was it an expieriment gone wrong? Are you aliens? Did you drink a lot of milk?

Pietro: Expieriments? Aliens?

Cap: Nevermind.

The X-Men Rights also allows them concepts and items like the X-Gene, the Blackbird, Cerebro, etc. Wanda and Pietro are co-owned as explained by Kevin Feige. Which means Wanda and Pietro can be in both X-Men films and in the Avengers movieverse. But You realize though that any concept of Marvel Mutants appearing outside of X-Men will cause Fox to sue, hence why they will use the "They are Metahuman" cop out.

Metahuman might be a term that they use to describe mutants, and it is likely that there won't be mutant-based stories, but I don't see MARVEL abandoning the idea of a super-powered species in general. It would be too untrue to the characters, and I would prefer MARVEL to leave their origins unexplained rather than make Pietro and Wanda products of some experiment gone wrong.

#19 Posted by TheCannon (18908 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man 3: Mandarin

Thor 2: Loki, Surtur, and Hela

Captain America 2: MODOK and Baron Von Strucker

Incredible Hulk 2: Leader and Abomination

Dr Strange: Baron Mordo and Dormamu

Luke Cage: Diamondback and Chemistro

Avengers 2: Kang (Wait on Thanos until Avengers 3.)

#20 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Iron Man 3: Mandarin

Thor 2: Loki, Surtur, and Hela

Captain America 2: MODOK and Baron Von Strucker

Incredible Hulk 2: Leader and Abomination

Dr Strange: Baron Mordo and Dormamu

Luke Cage: Diamondback and Chemistro

Avengers 2: Kang (Wait on Thanos until Avengers 3.)

Avengers 3 will likely be based on Civil War. Kang should be in a solo movie, even though he's an avengers villain. Maybe he'll be played by Ben Kingsley in Iron Man 3.

#21 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

Robert Downey JR dies and is replaced by War Machine. Thor shows some actual might and Cap proves himself as a tactician and leader.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.