Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

How I think the plots of Thor and the Avengers will go.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By PrinceIMC

Okay after watching and rewatching the trailer for Thor as well as reviewing Incredible Hulk, Iron Man and Iron Man 2 I think I've got a good idea on how these movies will progress.

So it's pretty obvious that Thor will be exiled from Asgard by Odin. Probably because of a situation that was set up by Loki in order to discredit his reckless brother Thor knowing that he'd rise to the bait. Plunging Asgard into battle is enough for Odin to send Thor to Earth with his strength intact but without his hammer or other powers. Odin being wise he also sent Mjolnir to Earth for Thor to find but he'd only be able to reclaim his powers when he proved himself worthy.

Thor finds himself on Earth without most of his powers but can sense Mjolnir in the southwest so he convinces Jane Foster and her assistant to bring him to New Mexico. Meanwhile Agent Coulson and SHIELD have set up a secure perimeter around the hammer knowing it is powerful but being unable to lift it. Thor has to fight his way through SHIELD agents to get to Mjolnir but finds even he can't lift it. He gets captured, questioned by Coulson but manages to escape distraught and thinking that he might need to live out the rest of his live as a human. Soft touching scene with Natalie Portman where he realizes maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Meanwhile in Asgard Loki has progressed to the next part of his plan, poisoning Odin and taking the throne. With Odin sick and Thor on Earth Loki is next in line for the crown of Asgard and he acts as if he doesn't want it while it has all been part of his plan. In order to keep his brother Thor from gaining his powers back and coming back to Asgard he sends the Destroyer to Earth to kill him. As the Destroyer takes out town after town Thor tries to fight him but without Mjolnir he doesn't have a chance so he just tries to help as many humans as possible. 

Here's where I get a little more creative and assuming. Now last we saw Bruce Banner he was trying to control the Hulk up in Canada while Tony Stark as a SHIELD consultant was talking to General Ross about his little Hulk problem.  Now I could see Hulk showing up in New Mexico to stop the Destroyer trying to use his strength for good giving Thor enough time to get back to Mjolnir and try lifting it again, this time it works. The Destroyer knocks the Hulk away and Thor comes back riding a lightning storm and stops the Destroyer thus revealing Loki's treachery in Asgard. Odin recovers, Loki is exiled and Thor is welcomed back but he decides that in Asgard he's just a prince but on Earth he's a hero and is sorely needed. Thor and the Hulk part as friends, Thor stays with Jane Foster and SHIELD is concerned about two such powerful superhumans roaming the Earth not under their control.

Loki having been exiled insinuates himself within the government or SHIELD or both and helps fan the flames of mistrust. Fury influenced by Loki feels that SHIELD will need to take out both Thor and Hulk assembles his team. They pull Captain America out of whatever freezer he's in to work with Black Widow and Hawkeye all the while Stark as just a consultant dangles his Iron Man armor in front of them. Figuring they'd have a better chance with Iron Man in the field with them they relent and go out to bring down Thor and then Hulk. All the while Loki has been gathering his own team of opposite numbers to stop Fury and his Avengers in case things don't go to his plan. With either Thor or Hulk in custody one of them convinces them that they are not a threat so Loki springs his trap and sends his team to take them all down.

These are obviously all just guesses based on what I've seen in the trailer and what I'd like to see in the movies. What does everyone else think?

amc26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By amc26

nice idea

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

Okay so I wasn't right. I can't say I really expected Hulk to show up even though that woulda been really cool.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jnr6Lil

good idea

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.