Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

How do battles with The Hulk being on the team work?

SymbioteDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry if the title isn't clear enough. Lately I've been searching the web for "character vs. character" discussions. When it comes to the Hulk, he's highly favored to win the majority of the time. People talk about how amazingly powerful he is. So if he's so powerful, does he dominate the enemy when he's with the Avengers?

I mean, when they're in a fight against a group of bad guys, is Hulk doing most of the fighting? What do the other Avengers do in the meantime? The way people talk you'd think that the Hulk could just go up to the bad guy(s) and pimp-smack them across the city and that's it.

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By attatje

Welcome to the vine!

Sorry but I've never read any avengers titles

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tigerkaya

In the past Hulk has never been a long standing member to the team. He has had two issues with than he quit. It wasn't until the movies that changed that to have a Hulk finally become a permanent member. Though in my opinion Hulk works better alone or with the Defenders much like Wolverine and all X-members work better in X-men only teams.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Non-comic book fans hype Hulk far beyond his actual capabilities/power.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

In the past Hulk has never been a long standing member to the team. He has had two issues with than he quit. It wasn't until the movies that changed that to have a Hulk finally become a permanent member.

yeah, in the movie, as in the early first issues, the team is rather small and the Hulk helps make up for that. Now the Avengers are fighting in some intergalactic war or something, so I guess they need all the power they can get.

Non-comic book fans hype Hulk far beyond his actual capabilities/power.

I haven't read his solo series in over a decade, but didn't he conquer a whole planet once?

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@symbiotedude: It doesn't always work that way. It's like saying why have Batman/Superman. Superman can do a thousand times more than Batman, but he is his equal in many ways. Besides, Hulk isn't as strong as you probably think and he doesn't necessarily do all the fighting. For example, if Hulk was to try and take on Thanos alone, he would get ruined.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tigerkaya

@oldnightcrawler: they fought in other galactic wars before even without Hulk. Plus the team us so large Hulk isn't really needed when you already have a Superman clone and Thor on the team.

SymbioteDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SymbioteDude

Thanks for setting things straight for me guys. I guess I hadn't given much thought the actual situation and was thinking in terms of a fist fight.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ColaNicole

@symbiotedude: Even if it was a fist fight, Hulk wouldn't necessarily win.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@oldnightcrawler: they fought in other galactic wars before even without Hulk. Plus the team us so large Hulk isn't really needed when you already have a Superman clone and Thor on the team.

yeah, I know they've fought wars in space without the Hulk (and with him), I'm just saying that it makes more sense for him to be with them in those types of stories than other, more down to earth stories. Basically, I'm agreeing with you; I'm just saying there are some good exceptions to that. And I gather that the current story's one of those types.

In general, I think it makes more sense for him not to be an official member of the team. A secret member, or a sometimes member, or just an ally for certain stories, but it probably wouldn't make sense for him to be a public member anyway, and having him as a regular member would probably somewhat limit what you could do with him outside of that. Which is kind of too bad, because he really does bring a pretty different perspective to the group, but, yeah.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

because he is useless against foes like ultron, kang, dr. doom, loki (comic wise), kree, skrulls, thanos.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fifthchild

@thorson said:

because he is useless against foes like ultron, kang, dr. doom, loki (comic wise), kree, skrulls, thanos.

Ummmm, what?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: Ha, he was a founding memeber then he said $%£& this , I'm leaving! Notice that as soon as Hulk joined the Avengers, Red Hulk left.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theres several people on the roster who can do just as much damage as Hulk can you know,don't forgot Thor and Hyperion are on the team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.