Hickman's Avengers?

#1 Edited by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

There are rumors that Hickman will write the Avengers. Hickman is a very good writer but which Avengers should he have in his team I want

Iron man, thor, captain america, hawkeye, Vision, black panther, captain marvel (miss marvel), daimon hellstorm, luke cage and Hank Pym (Giant-man)

Give your team in the comments.

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12506 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not a rumor anymore.

#3 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt:It isn't? hm and what do you think of my roster?

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12506 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty solid. Pretty much the EMH roster. Still needs a Mage and at least one more powerhouse though.

#5 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: yeah I agree who would you have as a powerhouse as mage I'm thinking Daimon Hellstorm perhaps?

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio
@Loki9876 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: yeah I agree who would you have as a powerhouse as mage I'm thinking Daimon Hellstorm perhaps?

He went evil didn't he? 

As much as I adore Hickman I'm not sure I wan't him on Avengers 
#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12506 posts) - - Show Bio

My Roster: Captain America, Iron Man (Rhodey), Thor, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Vision, Black Panther, Hank Pym, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Hulk

#8 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87:He did? last time in JIM he was good right(I don't know I'm waiting for the tpb.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: Both Hawkeyes? 

@Loki9876 said:

@spiderbat87:He did? last time in JIM he was good right(I don't know I'm waiting for the tpb.

Well he went evil during Fear Itself and sided with SIn
#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12506 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no, just Clint.

#11 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: but Dr. Strange is allready on the defenders team.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
Hell no, just Clint.
lol well youv got Hakeye down twice 
#13 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Black Panther. That's it.

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12506 posts) - - Show Bio

Loops. My bad. Only need one Hawkeye.

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

One man Avenger?
#16 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

One man Avenger?

No, not the only one. But he's the only one I specifically want on the team.

#17 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: Do you know why Daimon went evil like possesion or something.

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

One man Avenger?

No, not the only one. But he's the only one I specifically want on the team.

Him and Cap Marvel for me 

@Loki9876: He just straight up decided it was in his better interests 
#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

#20 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: th h%ll that's weird.

#21 Posted by Acestar101 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America, Iron Man (Rhodey), Thor, Hawkeye, Vision, Miss Marvel, Red Hulk, Iceman, Black Widow and Hulkling. Solid team, plus some good story lines within the team

#22 Posted by Acestar101 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

captain america, iron man (rhodey), thor, hawkeye, captain marvel (miss marvel), iceman, red hulk, black widow, hulkling good team, powerful, and could have some good dynamics

#23 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on how much freedom he has. Black Panther is a lock. She Hulk has high odds. Probably going to have to keep the Big 3.

#24 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panthers odds on the Avengers is pretty high if Hickman is indeed the writer.

#25 Posted by Illuminatus (9490 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, Tony, Steve, Jessica Drew, T'Challa, Strange, Carol, Rulk.

#26 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan and Dylan.

#27 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther is a good bet, especially since he is doing the last story featuring him before A vs X

Captain America, Thor and Ironman are also most likely in it. Considering that Hickman tends to go big I wouldn't discard Earth's scientist supreme as a member, or even one of the Hulks. Hickman also tends to want to reuse some of the characters that he already has used and with Fury no longer the director of SHIELD or having his own war against Hydra we could see the long needed debut of Fury on the avengers. He also included Spider-man in FF just because he loved to write him so much so I don't see why he couldn't bring him now that his run on the Fantastic four is done and johnny is back.

We could also look at his Ultimates roster to get a good idea.

#28 Posted by Illuminatus (9490 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter said:

We could also look at his Ultimates roster to get a good idea.

My thoughts exactly. He seems to have a fondness for the big three, as well as Clint and Jessica.

#29 Edited by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter said:

Black Panther is a good bet, especially since he is doing the last story featuring him before A vs X Captain America, Thor and Ironman are also most likely in it. Considering that Hickman tends to go big I wouldn't discard Earth's scientist supreme as a member, or even one of the Hulks. Hickman also tends to want to reuse some of the characters that he already has used and with Fury no longer the director of SHIELD or having his own war against Hydra we could see the long needed debut of Fury on the avengers. He also included Spider-man in FF just because he loved to write him so much so I don't see why he couldn't bring him now that his run on the Fantastic four is done and johnny is back. We could also look at his Ultimates roster to get a good idea.

Not Sure Ultimate Roster Helps Much. It was basically movie although trading Black Panther for Falcon and Using Quake Instead of Fury might give the correct approximation. Not sure if he would use Captain Britain though although he is from across the Pond.

Although I figure SDCC, should confirm he is taking Avengers and give us a sizable amount of info on the roster.

#30 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Hickman team should be The THING, Black Panther, Captain America, Quake, Captain Britain, Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Quicksilver

#31 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah now that i think about it, I would be really surprised if the Vision and Scarlet witch weren't on the book

#32 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, its hard to tell because I cannot tell what the Avengers Line is going to look like Post AvX. Academy is off to the side but Assembly, Secret, New, Avengers and if bleedingcool is correct Astonishing. Not sure what is getting cancelled or if we keep all. But I expect some realignment although I think the X-Line needs it more. Still I do expect Hickman to use a more classic roster.

#33 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleedingcool are beginning to get on my nerves lately...

#34 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

I added 2 characters.

#35 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Avengers title is he going to be writing or is he making a new title for Avengers?

#36 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Remi said:

Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan and Dylan.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cause I spit hot fiyah!

#37 Edited by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

Which Avengers title is he going to be writing or is he making a new title for Avengers?

The Avengers Book (One with No Adjectives) so the Flagship.

So BlueLantern, you want the Avengers: EMH team?

#38 Posted by Dernman (14720 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:

Why?
#39 Posted by Dernman (14720 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America 
Iron Man (Stark) 
Thor 
Giant Man  
Wasp       (Maybe)
Ms Marvel (That's right. Her name is Ms not Captain) 
Hawkeye 
Vision

#40 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Why?

Because the article they wrote probably wasn't true. Pairings were way too convenient. Astonishing Avengers? I don't think so.

#41 Posted by War Killer (19959 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
It's not a rumor anymore.
When was this confirmed? O_o
#42 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Dernman said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Why?

Because the article they wrote probably wasn't true. Pairings were way too convenient. Astonishing Avengers? I don't think so.

That, and they just need to stop with this. All this Bendis talk is putting me a in somewhat of a bad mood.

#43 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: but Dr. Strange is allready on the defenders team.

He can be an Avenger as well look at Wolverine and Spider man.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.