Hawkeye Will Have Trick Arrows in Marvel's The Avengers!

#1 Edited by k4tzm4n (39410 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like the movieverse Hawkeye won't just me a man with regular arrows and superb aim in a war against aliens... he'll be sporting some of his famous trick arrows!

When speaking with IGN, Jeremy Renner said the following about if he could take on the massively powerful Hulk:

"Well, yeah, initially I thought that it was going to be weird, but then I found out a lot more about [it]," said Renner. "For me, for Hawkeye, I'm like, 'What's a bow and arrow going to do against the Hulk?' Actually, I have specialized things that I can't tell you anything really about, but I can put him down so it's pretty cool. [laughs] Yeah, all we are is humans with high skill sets, and I think what makes all characters interesting is that they all have weaknesses. That's what makes them human in that regard. What's Tony Stark without his suit?"

It sounds to me like they're inspiring a scene based on the scene in Mark Millar's Ultimates when Hawkeye used an adamantium tipped arrow to sedate Hulk and revert him back into Bruce. Johansson also shot down the idea of the two having any kind of romantic connection in this film:

"There's no time for romance," she laughed. "We have s#!t to avenge!"

Marvel's The Avengers smashes the US May 4th.

source: IGN

Staff
#2 Posted by kitsokk (83 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not a surprise

#3 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio

It kinda is.

#4 Posted by Fresh Prince (5275 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to hear this. I can't imagine Hawkeye just shooting regular arrows throughout the movie. That'd be pretty lame.

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (14145 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya know, there is a very brief scene that flashes by during one of the trailers where it shows the shafts rotating in his quiver to fit different arrowheads...or at least, thats what it looks like it is. I figured he would have some high tech gear, but confirmation is great

#6 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if he didn't I for one would have been Po'd so thanks for that sigh of relief.

#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (39410 posts) - - Show Bio

@kitsokk said:

This is not a surprise

Hawkeye getting trick arrows might not be a shocker, but unless you've already seen the movie this is the first piece of confirmation we've had.

@Fresh Prince: Agreed!

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.