Hank Pym might be dead, and no one cares. :|

#1 Edited by Teerack (6238 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who's been freaking out about this? Because i think it's really obvious that Hank is probably dead....

*if you haven't read up to Secret Avengers 34 or Avengers 2(marvel now) Then stop reading spoilers*

Okay first off we have seen NO hank Pym in ANY Marvel Now promotion or series.

Second in Avengers 2 we saw this...

Now of course we can't see all the names and this isn't a full list of the Avengers, but we don't see his name.

The full roster of people that do go to space in Avengers 2 is here.

Considering the situation they were in. It suspicious that Hank wouldn't be a part of this.

Now what do i think happened to him? The end of Secret Avengers 34....

How could he have possibly recovered from this?

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The last time I recall seeing Hank was in Daredevil. He looked fine there...

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

Chances are he's dead.

#4 Posted by Teerack (6238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: That was like 5 months ago before Secret Avengers 34....

#5 Posted by Loki9876 (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

I care a lot.

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll see then.

#7 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when did being dead matter anymore in comics?

I would be more worried about Marvel's bipolar use of him as either the main character in a book completely unsuited to him, or forgotten absolutely for long periods.

#8 Posted by Teerack (6238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: Yeah but sense they just brought back Scott Lang as Ant-Man and if you compare Scott's older Ant-Man suit to the test footage from the Ant-Man movie; it makes me feel like they'e just killing Hank to get him out of the way, so they can shove Lang down our throat and cut Hank Pym out of the Marvel Movieverse :(

#9 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

ROFLMFAO!

First O'Grady and now Pym...

Marvel brings back an Ant-Man and lets Remender kill off the other two, how surprising! I told you guys not to buy this series.

#10 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@Brazen_Intellect: Yeah but sense they just brought back Scott Lang as Ant-Man and if you compare Scott's older Ant-Man suit to the test footage from the Ant-Man movie; it makes me feel like they'e just killing Hank to get him out of the way, so they can shove Lang down our throat and cut Hank Pym out of the Marvel Movieverse :(

I would not put this past Marvel, but it is still to early to say either way.

I personally always liked Scott Lang better than Hank Pym, but there is no reason the two characters can not co-exist at the same time. Pym has enough alternate identities to fall back on as to not confuse anyone. Even if they do kill him off, expect him to come back a matter of months after the movie comes out.

#11 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Hank Pym, so I don't mind. I do think its weird that no one is talking about it, though.

#12 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

they should put hank pym in avengers 2 (played by nathan fillion) as a tech character in shield, who reluctantly puts on a costume toward the end of the film to help in the inevitable final battle; they should then put Scott Lang in the solo film (played by Neil Patrick Harris) as that film is said to be more of a comedy, which could be funny seeing as it's being done by Edgar Wright. Plus he said he wants to base it off "to steal an ant-man" so it's likely Scott Lang will be in Ant-Man

#13 Posted by Teerack (6238 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrArrogant: If Hank is in Avengers 2 I'd be fine with that.

#14 Posted by krspaceT (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

With Ultron coming back, getting rid of Hank helps out the story

#15 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

I care. I hope Tigra and the Avengers cure him.

#16 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

With Ultron coming back, getting rid of Hank helps out the story

How?

#17 Posted by Wonderman1 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be a major blow to Marvel to lose Hank Pym. Ultron is not nearly so interesting without him. He is an important foil for Iron Man. His original Giant Man costume is fantastic. At the moment he does not seem overly burdened mentally. I would love to see him explore the Giant Man persona and his powers as opposed to always reverting back to being a scientist. Kick some butt for a while. We shall see though...

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio
@Teerack said:

Hank and Lang are both in the upcoming Ant Man film
#19 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6861 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel treats Hank like Crap. Didn't Wasp just come back? Why is hank suddenly dead? I didn't even know he was dead.

#20 Edited by gethere (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I think this was simply a writers' disconnect. As both Bendis and Remender work do not work well together. Those of us who has read the A vs X tie ins for both New Avengers and Secret Avengers thought it was a convoluted travesty. Simply put it was two completely different stories on the same event of Avengers fighting the Phoenix force as started though fairly similar, ended in completely different place. Which is sad as Marvel is saying both happened. This maybe something similar as Bendis finish his final arc around the same time Remender started his it wouldn't be hard to say Remender simply did not know Bendis was going to bring back Wasp and Pym was supposed to be normal. So like the A vs X mess this may be just another plot hole for marvel clean up if Remender decide not to fix it first.

#22 Posted by danhimself (22537 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure that I heard that Hank is to be in Captain America later on acting as Captain America's Q and supplying him with tech

#23 Posted by Teerack (6238 posts) - - Show Bio

In the most recent issue of Secret Avengers Hank's mind is free and they agree to break this orb and when they do it should kill everyone who's become all roboty.... which Hank is :\

#24 Posted by Wonderman1 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: I will be really surprised if they kill Hank. I could see them put him back on the shelf though, where he has spent some time over the years. If they leave him as Giant man and use Scott Lang as Ant Man I do not really see a problem but you never know. They could decide for clarity's sake to have only one shrinky hero. With the movie coming up I expect Scott will get focus and Hank will shrink into the background. I would much prefer to see Giant Man on a roster but at the moment that does not seem to be the plan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.