First Official Photos of 'The Avengers' On Set Revealed

• 156 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

With Marvel Studios' 'The Avengers' movie currently in production, you knew it wouldn't be long before we got a look at the actors on the set of the upcoming film, due to hit theaters in North America on May 4th, 2011. Earlier today Entertainment Weekly revealed various set photos showing the cast of actors on the set and in full costume. The photographs give us a closer look at the detail of Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America and Thor's costumes, respectively; but don't just read about it, check them out for yourself below.

The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly features an interview with director Joss Whedon who apparently had secretly hoped that the cast wouldn't get along; and that he would be able to work the tension of so many ego's in one room into the script. According to him, however, this cast seems to get along too well for him to do that. But if they like each other, then that just means they're in it for the long haul (meaning Avengers 2, 3, etc.), and that's good for Marvel fans, right?

Much like the previous Marvel films, much of the script is being made up as they shoot the movie.

“There is a weird element of: they handed me one of the biggest movies of all time, and I’m making it up as I go.”

Based on the last few films and Whedon's success and experience writing superhero comic books, we have faith that making it up as he goes isn't the worst thing ever. After all, they made Iron Man up as they went along and that turned out okay.

The cast, which graces the latest cover of Entertainment Weekly (albeit, not the greatest cover we have ever seen) respectively look pretty good together. Lastly, we just want to point out how cool it is that Scar-Jo's in the center rocking the short Black Widow bob. Who looks the most intense, in your opinion? Are you looking forward to the film later next year? The issue of Entertainment Weekly featuring the 'Avengers' cast will hit magazine stands September 30th. First images below are from the EW, latter images courtesy of Superhero Hype.

Source: EW and Superhero Hype

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5441 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing =)

#2 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Nick Fury finally in action:

Feel free to add it.

P.S.

Digging that last Black Widow pic.

#3 Posted by Duncan (11444 posts) - - Show Bio

Wth is Mark Ruffalo doing?

#4 Posted by PrinceGumball (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this on Screened!

And upon closer inspection, I wished they didn't give Black Widow guns, I rather she use her bracelets, or give her a bigger gun!

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

That's no shooting stance o.O

Plus, I'm not diggin the Hawkeye actor, for some reason...

#6 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duncan said:

He's got to go to the bathroom, ok? Leave him alone.

#7 Posted by Crimson Eagle (1838 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really looking forward to the film. Thor's costume looks good, but his eyes looks ghostly on the magazine.

#8 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything looks amazing except Mark Ruffalo...seriously...he looks like he's doing a Zoolander pose...

#9 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Everything looks amazing except Mark Ruffalo...seriously...he looks like he's doing a Zoolander pose...

MAGNUM!

#10 Posted by LordTaronji101 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

the avengers are nearly assembled

#11 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

You sir, just read my mind! :D

Also, HELL YES NICK FURY ACTION PIC!!!

#12 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

cant wait to see it. Hopefully it will be good

#13 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Hemsworth looks kind of odd to me in that photo and I can't place my finger on the reason why he does.... Oh well, still like the look of it over all.

#14 Posted by Iron_Turtle (582 posts) - - Show Bio

Action shots looks great. Promo shots look like ass.

#15 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs Ant-Man and Wasp. And a shot of Hulk.

#16 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jordanstine: Thanks! I tried in the original post, but it didn't save the first time. Stupid technology :(

#17 Posted by Kairan1979 (16723 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner reminds me of Sweeney Todd.

#18 Posted by Pr1mus (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Because of the look or just the actor himself? Because i think Jeremy Renner is a great actor.

#19 Posted by Jake Fury (18389 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover looks goofy but the pics are pretty good.
#20 Posted by pahphoenix (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duncan: He's not REALLY there.They'll just CGI him in later.

#21 Posted by SeanNOLA (75 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeehaw, Cap. Yeehaw.
#22 Edited by pikahyper (11882 posts) - - Show Bio

exactly or that stupid face girls use for internet pics:

#23 Posted by Christina (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duncan: He is about to blow you a kiss!

#24 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio
Black Widow, aghhhhhhhh
#25 Posted by Xenozoic Shaman (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Samuel L. Jackson firing a handgun, while sporting an eyepatch, goatie and trenchcoat?  Count me in!  Wait, he's also Nick Fury?!  Well, that's great, but you had me at Samuel L.

#26 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey I just noticed some purple in Hawkeye's outfit.

#27 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome :]

#28 Posted by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio
Cool...Now I only have to wait like 10 months  :(
#29 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12930 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides that damn Ruffalo and the weird Ed Mcguinnes looking Hulk , things are looking great

#30 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pr1mus said:

@ReVamp said:

Because of the look or just the actor himself? Because i think Jeremy Renner is a great actor.

Look, I'm being extremely superficial.

#31 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw on this Screened but yeah, I'm pretty impressed with Cap's costume. High-res photos can do wonders for character's costumes.

#32 Edited by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

All this movie needs is a little cameo by none other than Ms Carol Danvers and it shall be the greatest thing sinced sliced superhero.

Oh and to all that said Chris Evans is looking skinnier in The Avengers, the picture above begs to differ.

#33 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9589 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duncan said:

Lol

Man, I wish Ed Norton wasnt such a douche. He should be the Hulk

#34 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's Luke Cage and Iron Fist, dammit?!

#35 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see some pictures of the Avengers movie that means we know that the movie will be out soon. I think it will be a good movie

#36 Posted by MrMazz (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok looks cool but WTF is with Mark Ruffalos face?!?!?

#37 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

More Nick Fury in action!!!!!!!

#38 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Eric Cartman is the real star in this issue!

Just kidding!

#39 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcbart: Nah he looks the same, its just the costume.

#40 Posted by The Mast (786 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward Norton has never, ever, ever struck me as a douche. Ever.

I'm definitely leaning toward Marvel dropping the ball. They could've had Ed Norton, man. Ruffalo is NOT Banner. He just isn't. Evans, however, has gone from looking really good as Cap to actually becoming Steve Rogers.

#41 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I really wish they would have somehow kept Edward Norton but hopefully he is hulk for most of the movie haha.
#42 Posted by mickoreo_LZ (250 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jordanstine said:

MAGNUM!

Hahahaha or is it Blue Steel?
#43 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

Still super skeptical about Ruffalo.

#44 Posted by daredeville (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@mickoreo_LZ: Exactly what I was thinking...! Haha.. he doesn't look pissed he just looks... gassy..?

Although, he is a very talented dude, so he shouldn't be too cheezy in the movie...

#45 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

bruce banner looks like a twilight vampire :(

#46 Posted by kennybaese (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

@Duncan said:

He's got to go to the bathroom, ok? Leave him alone.

I think he's going for the smolder. He knows what Hulk's balls are capable of, so he's just waiting for the ladies to roll in.

#47 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio
looks pretty awesome so far
#48 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jordanstine said:

MAGNUM!

#49 Posted by Malgara (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs:The Mark Gruffallo look

#50 Posted by Namor1987 (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how far into the movie until they ASSEMBLE. I like Black Widow & Hawkeye they look the best & most realistic. I think used the Thunderbolts BW

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.