First Look: Marvel Avengers LEGO

• 53 results
Posted by G-Man (34458 posts) - - Show Bio

LEGO is really making a comeback. Not that they ever stopped making great sets, it seems they've recently been getting more and more attention (we even featured two DC Comics sets a couple weeks ago). You can't go wrong with a basic LEGO set but when they get their hands on a familiar license, it becomes difficult to resist. I had to struggle at the store yesterday over whether or not I should spend $140 on a set (I didn't...for now).

With Toy Fair 2012 underway, new Marvel has revealed the upcoming Avengers LEGO sets due in May, just in time for the movie of course.

Not sure how I feel about LEGO Hulk. Yes he needs to be bigger but he's not a 'regular' LEGO figure. Iron Man's head is pretty big so you have to wonder if the helmet comes off, revealing LEGO Robert Downey Jr. underneath.

Captain America's Avenging Cycle

Looks like a simple small set. Catwoman's cycle was pretty cool (seen here). This could be an easy and affordable way to get your hands on a Captain America LEGO.

Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape

Loki looks pretty cool with his giant head piece. Hawkeye looks okay. I don't see the Cosmic Cube in this pic. I can't say I'm too crazy about a SHIELD off road truck instead of a regular SHIELD flying car. Maybe this has something to do with the movie? Maybe there's some off-roading going on. It just kind of looks like a generic truck with SHIELD logos on it.

Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout

Uh oh, is this a tiny spoiler? At first I got the impression that it's Hulk that will be doing the breaking out. From Marvel's description, Hulk and Thor have Loki on the helicarrier. (It doesn't look like we'll be getting a gigantic helicarrier set, which is good for our wallets). Apparently Loki makes Hawkeye lose control of his jet fighter so Hulk needs to save Hawkeye.

Quinjet Arial Battle

A LEGO Quinjet. That's pretty cool. I love the fact that there's a compartment figures can actually go inside in the back. We'll have to see how the basic design compares to the movie version since there hasn't been too many clear shots in the trailers. This set also comes with Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Loki and possibly more.

Looks like you might have duplicates of the Avengers since some of the same are included with each set. The good thing about that is you don't have to get all the mini-sets if you want a specific figure. But where's my LEGO Samuel Jackson/Nick Fury? Hopefully Marvel and LEGO will reveal other sets. I'm curious what a really big set would look like. Also, will we be seeing non-Avengers sets? I'd love some Spider-Man or X-Men LEGO.

Update

Just came across this image!

Staff
#1 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty wicked!

#2 Posted by ThePRez (285 posts) - - Show Bio

its look awesome

#3 Posted by rndmtask (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want the mini-figs

#4 Posted by Mizu_pl (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I know what I want for birthday, this alongside with DC Heroes Lego!

#5 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

That's pretty wicked!

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33484 posts) - - Show Bio

the quin jet is pretty sweet

#7 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

the hulk has no face!!!!!!

#8 Posted by SC (13122 posts) - - Show Bio

I seriously can't wait to put Black Widow's Lego™ head on Thor's Lego™ body!!!!! 

#9 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

I seriously can't wait to put Black Widow's Lego™ head on Thor's Lego™ body!!!!!

You sick bastard.

#10 Posted by SC (13122 posts) - - Show Bio
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@SC said:

You sick bastard.

With a capital B. What can I say, I am a traditionalist. 
#11 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

these are cool but pale in comparison to the Mega Bloks marvel figures. they were awesome.

#12 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I want the Quinjet! :)

#13 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio
@redhood21: yeah but there's black widow
#14 Posted by AlKusanagi (605 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they make some of the large Bionicle-like figures of the Marvel characters like they did for Batman, Green Lantern and the Joker.

#15 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

@clemj said:

@redhood21: yeah but there's black widow

but she could have been a mega blok :( oh well. i got all of series 1 and 2. ALL OF EM!!!!!

#16 Edited by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

The Quinjet piece is so awesome!

#17 Posted by sonicnevets (24 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder why they decided to make iron man helmet so huge, 'cause even if its removable it shouldn't be that big

#18 Posted by nazer858 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't phased by any of the LEGO stuff on Whiskey lately, but I'd gladly throw my money at all of this - cap looks awesome.

#19 Posted by G-Man (34458 posts) - - Show Bio

@sonicnevets: Maybe he's...compensating for something.

Staff
#20 Posted by RigorMortis (87 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the movies are still owned by Fox, but I want X-Men Legos... "Magneto: Master of Gray Bricks".

#21 Posted by kennybaese (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

This is quite a bit more exciting than most of the DC stuff that has come out so far. Almost all of the Batman stuff feels like re-releases of old sets. That Quinjet is pretty rad.

#22 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Must get me some of these. More specifically that Hulk!

#23 Posted by G-Man (34458 posts) - - Show Bio

@RigorMortis said:

I know the movies are still owned by Fox, but I want X-Men Legos... "Magneto: Master of Gray Bricks".

Just came across this image (and added to original post):

Staff
#24 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9071 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say they look pretty cool

#25 Posted by RigorMortis (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: That's awesome! I love that they included Deadpool.

#26 Posted by MagmaGazer (108 posts) - - Show Bio

The iron man lego looks...tacky? The helmet does, at least. Oooh, and Deadpool, Mags and Wolvie Legos? Sold!

#27 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13201 posts) - - Show Bio

Lego Iron Man looks weird. But I like Lego Cap, Hilk, Hawkeye, and Deadpool

#28 Posted by CitizenJP (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Lego Iron Man has the best head in the Lego universe.

#29 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye looks too happy

#30 Posted by TenEyedMen (212 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to play a video game based on these figures.

#31 Posted by Captian_IronThor (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty sweet, will be giving LEGO all my money come May.

Iron Man looks like a little kid with a big head though. Hope they fix it a bit.

#32 Edited by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I concur, Iron Man's head is creepy big. I almost wish they'd just paint a normal size helmet, like on the old lego knights, or lego astronauts, or lego batman. Plus he needs more gold on his suit. He's pretty much solid red.

Also, I could deal with the giant size of Hulk if he resembled a large lego figure. Get rid of the fingers and toes, and make his feet and hands look like a big version of a normal lego man.

#33 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice!!

#34 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

Lego My Eggo. =P

#35 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wolvie, Mags and Dpool ones are cool... I don't enjoy the ones that are just modeled after the movie though... it might be excessive to ask for it, but I'd prefer an additional copy of the traditional depictions.

#36 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Deadpool? Chimichanga!

#37 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by WizardShazam (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Might take a stab at the Quinjet (even if just for the Loki & Thor minifigs) but I am much more interested in the Wolverine/Magneto set and whatever non-film related Marvel sets that are coming down the line.

#39 Posted by -Vigil- (380 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone else immediately think "Woohoo! Now they can make a LEGO Marvel video game!" when they saw this?

#40 Posted by Punisher007 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

@-Vigil- said:

Did anyone else immediately think "Woohoo! Now they can make a LEGO Marvel video game!" when they saw this?

Yep

#41 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@SC said:

You sick bastard.

With a capital B. What can I say, I am a traditionalist.

Heh, I know that Thor is originally a red-head but isn't that taking traditionalism a bit extreme?O_o

#42 Posted by Darth Coleslaw (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@Punisher007 said:

@-Vigil- said:

Yep

#43 Edited by cptamerica94 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not like the Cap figure's head. I perfer it to be removal. It would be nice if the Cap figure looked similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W63RzhO-J0

#44 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7823 posts) - - Show Bio

God I would have killed for this stuff as a kid!

#45 Posted by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

Whiskey media is gone lego crazy lately

#46 Posted by nosoop4u (30 posts) - - Show Bio

No comment on the Quinjet "Arial" battle? And here I thought Comic Sans was the only font that people wanted to fight against. But seriously, these are awesome. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to wait until the kids go to bed to play with these.

#47 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

its pretty funny they are keeping hulk's face hidden.

#48 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe said:

Is that Deadpool? Chimichanga!

Holy Cherrychangas! It's Deadpool :D

#49 Posted by happypup70 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikeclark1982: Those still look like the old mockups of the figures not the final print, You can tell because Ironman's helmet has been reworked and the hulks face has been redone. If you look closely the chest art is all stickers.

This is what the final Hulk and Captain America look like

#50 Posted by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine, Thor, Deadpool, Loki and Magneto look cool, the rest meh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.