Eva Longoria Squashes Avengers Rumor

Posted by G-Man (30670 posts) - - Show Bio
MTV has just posted that Eva Longoria denied the rumors (posted HERE back in September) that she could be up for a role in The Avengers.  It seems that at the Golden Globes, Ryan Seacrest asked her straight out about it.  She told him the rumor wasn't true but she'd love to have a part if the opportunity came up.  Thank you Mr. Seacrest for putting our minds at ease.

But why was she leaving Marvel's Beverly Hills office with a stack of comics?
Staff
#1 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

Good...Good.

#2 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind her being JVD... Though i don't think i could handle her being slapped around ]=

#3 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

The image does certainly make me curious.

#4 Posted by Duke Chauvelin Cotillard (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't judge a book by its cover...people wouldn't think I read comics, but I do.

#5 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she'd be awsome as Eva Van Dyne :-)

#6 Edited by mrenb (156 posts) - - Show Bio

"Curiouser and  curiouser......"

#7 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Chauvelin Cotillard said:
"Don't judge a book by its cover...people wouldn't think I read comics, but I do."
That has absolutely nothing to do with it.  How much time do you spend at Marvel Comics' Beverly Hills office, because that is where she was.
#8 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Well it looks like Eva will be in The Avengers movie... can you say WASP  !

lol jk jk
#9 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she'll be doing a voice over for an upcoming project.  She's not my favorite actress (although I can't say I've really seen her in much).  I guess she could maybe make a decent Wasp.  But she did deny that rumor...

#10 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr Mofo said:
"Maybe she'll be doing a voice over for an upcoming project.  She's not my favorite actress (although I can't say I've really seen her in much).  I guess she could maybe make a decent Wasp.  But she did deny that rumor..."
yaeh and so did clay aiken... I guess we will have to see when the movie comes out... Can't wait.
#11 Posted by G-Man (30670 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought I'd see Clay Aiken mentioned on our boards.

Staff
#12 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"I never thought I'd see Clay Aiken mentioned on our boards."
Ha Ha Ha
#13 Posted by Sheep-Kill (617 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see her play Selene.

Selene

#14 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see her as the wasp.. most defiantly

#15 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did she have New Avengers? Wasp isn't in that. Maybe she's going to play Echo or Spider-Woman?

#16 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe they're gifts for her 80 nieces and nephews.

#17 Posted by Atom Smasher (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think she is going to be in the Movie. If you look at the Comics. They are new. Brand Spanking almost hot off the presses new. Marvel doesn't do New Comics. They know where the loyalty lies and to get people in they need to do old. The ties that bind the characters together. She got gifts from Marvel I'm jealous. I wish I could walk to D.C and leave with Comics.

#18 Posted by Toastalchemist (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she just likes comics

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.