Earth's Mightiest Breakout

#1 Edited by Shadowsnake89 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

If you've watched the show it says that 74 super villains escaped during the breakout. Since Hawkeye was on the list that leaves 73.
Since the start i'm counting captured:
1. Mandrill
2. Leader
3. Absorbing Man
4. Grim Reaper
5. Modok
6. Baron Strucker
7. Radioactive Man
8. Blizzard
9. Red Ghost(Not sure if his Super-apes count individually)
10.Batroc*
11.Zaran*
12.Machete*
13.Fixer*
*According to comic tie-in.

#2 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Baron Zemo? (Assuming your referring to TAEMH two-parter episode "Breakout")

#3 Posted by Duncan (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

Graviton

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12714 posts) - - Show Bio

ZZZax, U-Foes, and all the Gamma related villains

#5 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the "breakout" as the catalyst for the team formation.  It implies a much older, fleshed out Marvel Universe that somehow got along just well without the Avengers. 

Rather than, you know, seeing villains pop up and form clicks, so many exist previously. :/

#6 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@labarith: Yeah but it does make a good introduction for the team to have all these villains bust out at one time. Besides who says that this isn't a fleshed out MU? I mean we have the F4 in the show with references to Punisher(which could tie-in to Daredevil and Spider-Man) and Man Thing. Also we saw Black Knight in London during the Kang invasion episode, possibly meaning Excalibur exists.  Also in Pym's micro-episode they reference mutants and the MRD meaning the X Men exist in this continuity, heck even Wolverine was in Cap's micro episode!
#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio
@labarith: Well most of the original Avengers were already established when the team formed so it was already a somewhat fleshed out universe back then, plus I think they were trying to play off how the new Avengers formed when the Raft had a massive break out

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.