Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Does anyone recommend these?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kidchipotle

Hello ya'll, so, I'm just starting to get into marvel comics. So far I've been reading various X-men books, Amazing Spidey, Venom, and recently just picked up the latest Ironman to try it out. I want to get into more Marvel books so I'm wondering if I should pick up any Avenger on-goings to read? Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers...I think thats it. Would anyone recommend any of those three? Which and why?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By X35
    @ArturoCalaKayVee: I'd recommend Secret Avengers. a new creative team has just started a few issues ago, so if you pick up the current issue and then the last one you'd get a story and the new team from the start. :)  
    it's written by the same guy who's writing venom and x-force, so if you like them give this a try.
    No Caption Provided
    Avengers and new Avengers are very event-driven and crossover atm, i don't think they're very easy to jump onto
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

@X35: Thank you! I do read Venom and X-force and love them haha. Would you recommend the other two books after their cross over/events are over?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Secret avengers.stay far away from the bendis written ones

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By jsphsmth

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I am waiting until Bendis leaves to start reading Avengers and New Avengers. He has years of plots that he will be wrapping up, so I don't think that it is too new reader friendly.

When the new creative teams start, then I will start these comics.

Avengers Assemble looks good on the other hand. It was designed for new readers to pick up because of the movie. Sounds like Bendis will be reviving the Zodiac as the villains for the first arc of the series.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

@jsphsmth: Thanks! Do you know when there will be a new creative team?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By X35
    @ArturoCalaKayVee: not really. they've been just crossovers on and on for years now... from secret invasion to dark reign to siege to the heroic age to fear itself and now avengers vs x-men. usually to understand it you always have to get another book like dark avengers or the event minis. even between the big crossovers they still do crossovers with themselves like they are now with dark reign 2 between new avengers and avengers.  wait for those Avengers titles in trade, that's what I do. :)
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

@X35: Wowie, thanks so much! I really appreciate the help. I'll definitely take your word on it and steer clear of Avengers and New Avengers for now but I will deff pick up Secret Avengers.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By jsphsmth

@ArturoCalaKayVee: The original announcement said 2012. I haven't seen anything more specific yet. Marvel probably won't say anything until after the AvX crossover is over and the movie comes out. It could hurt sales.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Video_Martian

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Secret avengers.stay far away from the bendis written ones

THIS

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.