Do you want Ant-Man or Wasp in any Avengers Movie?

• 77 results
#51 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasp, eh, don't really care. Ant-man? Hell yeah!

#52 Posted by Miss_America (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, they both kinda bore me. I'd rather see Scarlet Witch in an Avengers movie any day! :D

#53 Posted by _Legion_ (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Miss_America: It would be hard to implement Scarlet Witch considering she's just as (if not more so) tied to the X-Men as she is to the Avengers, and I think the X-Men are owned by a different Movie Studio? If they did try to use her, they'd have to either jump through a bunch of confusing hoops or (the more likely answer) they'd have to butcher her origin and do away with anything relating to Magneto, and possibly Quicksilver.
#54 Posted by Miss_America (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Legion_: That actually makes a lot of sense. I'm just sad 'cause she's my favorite Avenger but she's barely ever included in "mainstream" (read: non-comics) Avengers projects for the reasons you mentioned, and yet she was never as big of an X-Men villain as her father so we barely ever see her in X-Men "mainstream" projects, either (except for Evolution but I didn't like her in that! haha).

#55 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Do I want to see Ant Man in a movie??? Of course I do. He is a great character and really underrated. What is so goofy about his name anyway?Spiderman is another insect themed name (but nobody complains about him because he is a very famous character, I'd like to see Ant Man become a popular character). I hope the movie isn't a joke though, make it about his self doubt and him rising (hell out of the avengers characters Pym is pretty relatable because of how he doubts himself).

With Ant Man you would get Wasp then further down the line you get Ultron (perfect avengers villain), and Vision.

#56 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I do. They should have been there in the first film really.

#57 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I do, and second wanting them in the first movie. Black Widow was just not enough and Hawkeye was brainwashed most of the movie. With Ant man and Wasp I find I could see Ant Man feel more dwarfed to his teammates while Wasp has a blast fighting alongside them.

#58 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything with Wasp is a yes from me. Ant-Man too, but only if it's Pym.

#59 Edited by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank is actually in my top 5 Avengers so I would love to see him in a movie, they just need to do him correctly. I would also love to see Ultron and Vision in an Avengers film. They would need Hank for that though.

#60 Edited by THORSON (2389 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, we need them both.

#61 Posted by JROCK72 (412 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd want both, but more Wasp than Ant-Man.

#62 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Wasp, yes.

#63 Posted by Cutter (793 posts) - - Show Bio

yes....

#64 Edited by skypilotbinky (98 posts) - - Show Bio

I find the core Avengers (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk) boring so yes I want both Ant-Man and Wasp. If there's no new members in the next film I honestly don't see myself watching it.

#65 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Founding members in the movie...YES.

#66 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@fuzysliperz: I kinda agree, but if avengers leave they may make good replacements...

#67 Posted by PurePower (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh absolutely. I would love to see Wasp in the movie. Can you imagine how the special effect would be with Wast as a little bug lol. I think it would be cool. I also would like to see the Vision. Now THAT would be awesome in the movie too.

#68 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

I want both, end of discussion.

#69 Posted by Lightblaze (117 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why not. I think they're both would be perfect in the team. I also will like to see Ms Marvel as well.

#70 Edited by Magnetic_Eye (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Pym has held the Ant-Man identity far longer than Scott Lang and should've been prioritized as the main character for the Ant-Man film. From "Tales To Astonish" through to ALL volumes of The Avengers, it was Hank Pym as Ant-Man most of the time.

I still think Ant-Man & The Wasp as the original founding members of The Avengers, should've featured in The Avengers movie. IMO, Joss Whedon would still have worked his magic to make the team dynamics work.

For those who say their powers are weak and unrealistic for the movies, well how many super heroes do you know that are real? It's a super hero film. We suspend our disbelief when we go to the cinema. We trust the Visual FX department to deliver the goods and CGI FX are pretty realistic these days.

I'm always bemused when you read about studio execs and directors talk about their alternate re-imaginings as if they're somehow better than the original source material.

They totally dismiss most of the rich history because they think fan-boys want an exact page by page retelling of those popular and classic stories transposed to the silver screen.

That's where they miss the point entirely. You can still have a genuine and faithful adaptation that respects the original source material because good screenwriters know how to creatively update the textual interventions to suit modern times. Good screenwriters know how to glean the best material, use the best strategies and plot devices for character development in cinematic narratives.

To me it's a cop out when they say that the cinematic universe should be different to the books. Why should it be all that different??? Fair enough that most adaptations will differ slightly, but when directors interfere by putting their own way out alternate re-imaging that alienates, divides and right out dismisses years worth of collective canon, then I immediately lose interest in supporting that film at the box office.

A director should by all means intervene and interpret the original source material, but not disrespect it with delusions of grandeur.

You can still attempt to do something fresh, new and different using the original character as a contemporary Avenger. I don't buy into this notion that using Scott Lang in Ant-Man is going to appeal to a broader audience. Good screenwriters know how to write cinematic character development and how to make it work.

Can you imagine a Superman, Batman or Spider-Man film without the pivotal characters of Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne or Peter Parker???

There may well be more movie fans than comic book fans, but in some ways that's kind of irrelevent. It's like going on a ride at Disney land and not buying into the history and literature of the characters. It's surface level fandom motivated by over commercialization.

Thanks Marvel, I also didn't know Ant-Man was a comedic super spy.

I guess Hank Pym the flawed human being with a super hero identity crisis, marital problems, and yet genius scientIst, creator of Ultron and original founding member of The Avengers doesn't matter anymore.

Thanks Marvel for taking the original and longest serving Ant-Man / Avenger, a Sci-Fi action super hero, a peer of Iron Man whose intelligence rivals if not exceeds that of Tony Stark and turning him into a joke.

I couldn't care less for the character of Scott Lang. His legacy is pretty short lived when compared to the rich history of Hank Pym & Janet Van Dyne.

But Marvel know what they're doing with their alternate reimaginings. They're laughing all the way to the bank with a far out edgy British comedy director, comedy actor in the lead role and a 60's super spy heist scenario - Austin Powers anyone???

Comics are entertainment. I've been reading them since my childhood. I love the drama, action, suspense, fun and humor in well balanced story telling.

Unfortunately since Iron Man 3, it seems to me that Marvel / Disney are more focussed on comedy-centric films with a lot less of a balance on mature, dramatic story telling.

#71 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5899 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Pym has held the Ant-Man identity far longer than Scott Lang and should've been prioritized as the main character for the Ant-Man film. From "Tales To Astonish" through to ALL volumes of The Avengers, it was Hank Pym as Ant-Man most of the time.

I still think Ant-Man & The Wasp as the original founding members of The Avengers, should've featured in The Avengers movie. IMO, Joss Whedon would still have worked his magic to make the team dynamics work.

For those who say their powers are weak and unrealistic for the movies, well how many super heroes do you know that are real? It's a super hero film. We suspend our disbelief when we go to the cinema. We trust the Visual FX department to deliver the goods and CGI FX are pretty realistic these days.

I'm always bemused when you read about studio execs and directors talk about their alternate re-imaginings as if they're somehow better than the original source material.

They totally dismiss most of the rich history because they think fan-boys want an exact page by page retelling of those popular and classic stories transposed to the silver screen.

That's where they miss the point entirely. You can still have a genuine and faithful adaptation that respects the original source material because good screenwriters know how to creatively update the textual interventions to suit modern times. Good screenwriters know how to glean the best material, use the best strategies and plot devices for character development in cinematic narratives.

To me it's a cop out when they say that the cinematic universe should be different to the books. Why should it be all that different??? Fair enough that most adaptations will differ slightly, but when directors interfere by putting their own way out alternate re-imaging that alienates, divides and right out dismisses years worth of collective canon, then I immediately lose interest in supporting that film at the box office.

A director should by all means intervene and interpret the original source material, but not disrespect it with delusions of grandeur.

You can still attempt to do something fresh, new and different using the original character as a contemporary Avenger. I don't buy into this notion that using Scott Lang in Ant-Man is going to appeal to a broader audience. Good screenwriters know how to write cinematic character development and how to make it work.

Can you imagine a Superman, Batman or Spider-Man film without the pivotal characters of Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne or Peter Parker???

There may well be more movie fans than comic book fans, but in some ways that's kind of irrelevent. It's like going on a ride at Disney land and not buying into the history and literature of the characters. It's surface level fandom motivated by over commercialization.

Thanks Marvel, I also didn't know Ant-Man was a comedic super spy.

I guess Hank Pym the flawed human being with a super hero identity crisis, marital problems, and yet genius scientIst, creator of Ultron and original founding member of The Avengers doesn't matter anymore.

Thanks Marvel for taking the original and longest serving Ant-Man / Avenger, a Sci-Fi action super hero, a peer of Iron Man whose intelligence rivals if not exceeds that of Tony Stark and turning him into a joke.

I couldn't care less for the character of Scott Lang. His legacy is pretty short lived when compared to the rich history of Hank Pym & Janet Van Dyne.

But Marvel know what they're doing with their alternate reimaginings. They're laughing all the way to the bank with a far out edgy British comedy director, comedy actor in the lead role and a 60's super spy heist scenario - Austin Powers anyone???

Comics are entertainment. I've been reading them since my childhood. I love the drama, action, suspense, fun and humor in well balanced story telling.

Unfortunately since Iron Man 3, it seems to me that Marvel / Disney are more focussed on comedy-centric films with a lot less of a balance on mature, dramatic story telling.

Bravo, you brought up many good points.

#72 Posted by Oscars94 (2508 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: You want a whole team of size- changers?

#73 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94 said:

@fodigg: You want a whole team of size- changers?

With the recent revelations about Pym particles (3 axes of powers: size, durability, and strength) it wouldn't have to be just that.

#74 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

Would be good to see Pym in there even once, I could live without seeing the Wasp in the team.

#75 Posted by PAAvenger (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank and Jan were successfully replaced in the movie by Black Widow and Hawkeye. I agree with that decision.

#76 Posted by Moonlighterstone (271 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure. Why not.

#77 Edited by Transformers1024 (1898 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!! I'm a little sad it won't be a much younger Hank Pym donning the Ant-Man persona, but I think Paul Rudd as Scott Lang will be pretty great. I'm a little confused how they're going to do Wasp though...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.