Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7701 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

do the following avengers kill

AndrewSwans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AndrewSwans

1. captain america

2. hulk

3. thor

4.nova

5.spiderman

6.doctor strange

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Captain America: Yes. He's a soldier. He doesn't like killing, but he will when it's absolutely necessary.

Hulk: No.

Thor: Yes. Again, soldier/warrior.

Nova: Yes. Soldier again.

Spider-Man: ... Kinda sorta at the moment.

Doctor Strange: I don't THINK so. Think he's kind of bound by the Hippocratic Oath.

That said, in war times, such as the Builder War, I'm pretty sure they suspend their personal morals for the sake of the universe. So in war times, I think they all kill.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Captain America:Very rarely post WWII.

Hulk: Don't think he's ever killed

Thor:Yes

Nova:Think so

Spider-Man:Peter?No.Superior?Yes

Doctor Strange:No idea

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

When I was growing up, You didn't kill...under zero circumstances was it acceptable for heroes, especially AVENGERS to kill. But we are talking 15-20 years ago, and with the popularity of the 'Grim and Gritty' era come and gone the characters evolved to a more real world stance on killing. You don't like it, but there will be times you have to be put in those situations. Anywho...

1) Again, as a kid, Cap would never pick up a gun, let alone condone killing someone in action. But in recent times, He dislikes the idea, but is considered a soldier who does what it takes to protect.

2) Hulk, Hmm...I am sure in his history he has killed someone, but if he did, it wasn't murder, but maybe death due to destructive rampage through the city during a fight or something. But for the most part, he is a character that is fueled by rage but has the heart of a good man that finds a way not to kill, just smashes you until you stop moving lol

3) Thor has no doubt slayed Trolls, Dragons, Demons, and other mystic creatures for centuries, but never has he killed a mortal.

4) I love the character, find it interesting you included him as a Avenger, I think his stint as a Secret Avenger lasted 4 issues? But prior to his major power upgrade he was not considered a killer, but the events in ANNIHILATION seen him destroying entire space ships with little regard of saving the crew members inside in a kill or be killed battles for the universe.

5) Peter? I cannot recall a time anyone died by his hand, even those who deserved to die only got a severe beating, but he would never kill. But that SUPERIOR guy running around now...Without a doubt! As he has killed 2 villains already that is public knowledge.

6) Dr Strange...Human? No...Demons? He has probably a sizeable body count I would bet.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange has the Highest body count because of the Illuminatti...

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

Captain America: Yes. He's a soldier. He doesn't like killing, but he will when it's absolutely necessary.

Doctor Strange: I don't THINK so. Think he's kind of bound by the Hippocratic Oath.

That said, in war times, such as the Builder War, I'm pretty sure they suspend their personal morals for the sake of the universe. So in war times, I think they all kill.

This.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

1) Again, as a kid, Cap would never pick up a gun, let alone condone killing someone in action. But in recent times, He dislikes the idea, but is considered a soldier who does what it takes to protect.

That's because he IS a soldier. I always hate how people get annoyed when writers have Captain America killing someone or using weapons. In modern times I really don't see the need for Cap to use weapons or really to kill, but in flashbacks I expect him to being using guns and killing Nazis. He's America's Super-Soldier, killing is a part of a war.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

@experio said:

@jonsmith said:

This.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Everyone there would kill except for Amazing Spider man and Hulk. I assume Strange would kill if it was necessary as I always thought he was pragmatic. Marvel's heroes are less reluctant to kill than DC's.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Well Spiderman did kill Gwen so.....yea kinda sucks

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Nova yes for sure see Annihilation

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By boschePG

@maccyd said:

Everyone there would kill except for Amazing Spider man and Hulk. I assume Strange would kill if it was necessary as I always thought he was pragmatic. Marvel's heroes are less reluctant to kill than DC's.

Im going to say Strange has killed. he particpated in the 10000 year war with the Vishanti vs the Trinity of Ashes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.