Disney Announces Joss Whedon Will Return to Write and Direct 'The Avengers 2'

• 95 results
#51 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

F*CK YEAH, this have done my day :D

#52 Posted by edge0076 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Best thing to happen to superhero movies since the release of the first Avengers movie. :)

#53 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

#54 Posted by Grey56 (728 posts) - - Show Bio

@dewboy01: I hope this doesn't sound rude - but it seems likely that it would be Thanos based on what appears at the end of the film.

#55 Posted by TheMtVernonKid82 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Excuse me while I go into FULL NERDGASM MODE!!!!

#56 Posted by CrackedVersion00 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

JOSS IS BOSS!

#57 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grey56 said:

@dewboy01: I hope this doesn't sound rude - but it seems likely that it would be Thanos based on what appears at the end of the film.

Not necessarily. They are doing a Guardians of the Galaxy movie before Avengers 2. The Thanos story could be resolved in that.
#58 Posted by Scott757 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Well my interest in Avengers 2 rose a little more (as if i weren't already amped for it!)

#59 Posted by acomicbooklook (55 posts) - - Show Bio

That's what happens when you make a company a billion plus dollars. But this is really good news I fucking love Joss and his first Avengers film. We had a lot to say on the subject.

#60 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

EEEEEEE!!!!

Yes I squealed and I am not ashamed.

#61 Posted by FearTheLiving (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Figured/hoping he'd return. No idea he was going to do the TV show kind of excited for it now when before I had no interest.

#63 Edited by __transgojobot__ (46 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way this would've been screwed up is if Joe Quesada handled negotiations. Thankfully, that didn't occur and the world continues to spin on its axis.  

As far as the TV development deal, I'm pretty stoked. I know a few folks are shrugging their shoulders or waving off anything produced for the tube, but I think this could be exciting if handled properly. Joss would be the perfect fit to get the much beleaguered 'Jessica Jones' series off the ground or get something developed with the 'Runaways' property.
#64 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Then we know the sequel will break box office records, yay!

#65 Posted by leokearon (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

YAHOO!!

#66 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

YEAH!!!!!!!!

#67 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweetness.

#68 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

K

#69 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio

#70 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_rover said:

Shiny.

yessssss

#71 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdwardWindsor: That GIF made me giggle...can't even lie.

#72 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: " Thats a Bingo!"

#73 Posted by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, needed to hear that!

Bet the show will be Runaways -- although I'm down for whatever! It would just be cheaper than other possibilities, closer to the high school environment that he aces, and it's a series he loved, wrote to, and then wrote for.

However, even better option would be Young Avengers, with an HQ near a school in the far future where the kids hear of their deceased parents from some mentor figure (maybe Vision, as in the animated Y.A. flick) and the flashbacks are to the ACTUAL MOVIE AVENGERS, who doing filming Joss has make little asides that become videos to their kids to be seen on their death or whatever, memories of Vision of seeing them in action, etc.

Also, I want Vision for Avengers 2!! Especially since it means bring on Ultron...!

#74 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio
Runaways show from Whedon would be ideal.
#75 Posted by Lvenger (18329 posts) - - Show Bio

Whedon writing and directing the Avengers sequel?

#76 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Whedon writing and directing the Avengers sequel?

HECK YES!

#77 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Brilliant

#78 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay

#79 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! Im really happy about this, also we know for a fact that Whedon knows how to direct one hell of a tv-show (Firefly, Buffy etc), so im also very much looking forward to that.

#80 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Please let the TV show be young avengers, or runaways! My brain would explode!

My excitement level for Avenger 2 just went up.

#81 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by BatWatch (2364 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Comicvine! The headline should be the television series, not the movie. I knew Whedon was interested in doing the next film and the studio would be crazy not to bring him back, so the only questions was whether or not they could make a deal, and I had no reason to doubt they would.

On the other hand, we just heard a rumor about an Avengers television show the other day. To have that confirmed along with Whedon writing it...wow! Again, that show is the headline.

#83 Posted by BatWatch (2364 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrArrogant:Wow. Him doing Runaways never even crossed my mind. Marvel did do some pre-production work on a Runaways movie at one point, but it got canned in favor of other projects like the Avengers. Whedon wrote a six-issue run of Runaways that was very good. In fact, it was the series last great plot line. They would be a great team to use for a television show because they do not have much connection to the larger Marvel universe, so you could keep in close to continuity without having a mysterious absence of big named heroes. Wow, I hope they do that.

#84 Posted by Trauma2007 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Nuff Said!!!

#85 Posted by TheSmallvillefan12 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Best movie news of the year (maybe the decade?)

#86 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

This is good news...the guy has such a good feel for the characters and how they relate to one another...gotta be honest...I don't know how he's going to top the first one.

#87 Posted by ordandrew (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Woooo, So glad and cant wait for the new movie

#88 Posted by thebatmobile (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

Yes, this!

#89 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

#90 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

My Reaction ^

#91 Posted by Bats (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet - Whedon's awesome.

#92 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to be his agent who got to negotiate with Disney...easiest job in the world

#93 Posted by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
#94 Posted by varun2000 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

wow!!!!!!!

whoooohoooooo

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!

#95 Posted by jhazzroucher (15108 posts) - - Show Bio

For as long as Ororo Munroe aka Storm is present, Joss gets my full support. : )

#96 Posted by Shadowolfstar (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I would expect the show to be on some lesser known aspect. Not sure what just not the a team. Marvel is perfect for a live action show since the characters even out of costume are so interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.