Confirmed: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is being cancelled

• 82 results
#1 Posted by thespidey307 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is being cancelled for a new avengers show called Avengers: Assemble. I don't have the link, but you can go to Marvel tv to look it up. Here is the promo image of the new show. It will air in 2013.

What is your response to this. I'm kind of disappointed due to avengers: emh being a cool show. Hopefully this new show will be cool as well.

#2 Edited by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

What?

F*CKHe is right!

#3 Posted by thespidey307 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Here found some confirmation

rom Marvel TV News: " " The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" won't be renewed for the 3rd Season. Marvel Animation will present their newly developed series "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" in 2013."

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL....I like how they threw Falcon in there for obvious token black man

cannot say I am surprised

#5 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

*Sigh* Loeb..

#6 Posted by War Killer (19983 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly saw this coming, and the fact that it's the roster from the movie is even less surprising. Falcon being there just seems random as well...hopefully they won't make it as goofy as USM with the constant breaking of the fourth wall every five seconds. I also would rather see Ms./Captain Marvel over Black Widow.

#7 Posted by War Killer (19983 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
LOL....I like how they threw Falcon in there for obvious token black man  cannot say I am surprised
Which really doesn't make sense seeing as I'm sure Nick Fury will be a regular on the show, seeing as they seem to be basing the team and show closely with the movie.

Even Black Panther would make a bit more sense as fans are already familiar with his character.
#8 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a big fan of the art style, and there isn't anything interesting in the storyline, so this was expected for me.

#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
@cattlebattle said:
LOL....I like how they threw Falcon in there for obvious token black man  cannot say I am surprised
Which really doesn't make sense seeing as I'm sure Nick Fury will be a regular on the show, seeing as they seem to be basing the team and show closely with the movie.  Even Black Panther would make a bit more sense as fans are already familiar with his character.
I think you answered your own quandary...Nick Fury isn't actually an official member of the Avengers...just supporting. Black Panther was prominent on EMH, likely studio execs always think kids are really stupid and won't be able to decipher the cartoons if they have similar rosters...hence the change, or thats what I think at least
#10 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Well crap, one of the best shows out there now and they just toss it away like that. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

#11 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Man comics and TV shows are now being judge by how many money the movie makes in the Box office, instead of the other way around.

#12 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen that image for something else before. Don't believe this news.

EMH is on hiatus right now because they're testing to see if Ultimate Spider-Man only had good initial ratings because of it, I don't think they'd cancel it yet.

I don't trust that website as a sole source anyway.

#13 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

First they cancel the great Spectacular Spider-Man and replace it with the crappy Ultimate Spider-Man and now EMH will be cancelled and replaced by a new show with the movie cast (+ Falcon)? If it's true, then I'm done with Marvel's animated shows. Their Cinematic Universe is great but they keep making stupid decisions like that and that's why DC will always do better when it comes to animated series.

And if they really wanted a "token" black superhero, why not choose Luke Cage? He's is way cooler than Falcon and who wouldn't want to see something like that on TV:

Luke Cage in all his awesomeness :p
#14 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by War Killer (19983 posts) - - Show Bio
@hectorsquall: Because this new show is supposed to be in the same universe as Ultimate Spider-Man, which Luke Cage is already in and is also a teenager as well.
#16 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6030 posts) - - Show Bio
BULLCRAP!!!!!! 
The show was getting good. I saw new leaked episodes and they were all awesome. Red Hulk, Falcon, Wolverine and Spider-man are all appearing in the future.
I'm sad.
#17 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: In the same universe as Ultimate Spider-Man! WTF!!!

Now it's sure, I won't watch it!

He deserves better than this!
#18 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is just continuing their tradition of cancelling good cartoons, and replacing them with trash. I just hope the new show is more fluid in terms of animation. Other than that, I'm okay. But Black Widow? Seriously? And Black Panther is WAY cooler than the Falcon. I hope this new show helps prove me otherwise.

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32739 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally called this, TAKE THAT ALL YOU NEIGH SAYERS

#20 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: Honestly, everyone is cooler than the Falcon at this point ;p

#21 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall: LOL! I honestly believe this is the best hero movie on the Television today. I SED IT!

It isn't deliberately trying to be needlessly convoluted, and the action is top notch. And the story lines are appealing to BOTH KIDS AND ADULTS! Now they want to just rip it away from us in favor of some cartoon that doesn't have stories, yet one and done episodes featuring villains, and castmembers that really should have time invested in them to be developed? EFFING MARVEL!

#22 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive:

#23 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's against the rules to swear but

Fuck you, Marvel.

#24 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Well all good things come to an end, such is life. I'll enjoy it til it's last episode and wait to see what's next. I still have Thundercats/Young Justice.

#26 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12525 posts) - - Show Bio

What The Hell Marvel!!!!!!!!!! What the friggin hell!!! You cancel one of the best cartoons out there right now , which starred most of the heroes from your precious movie for this? And to top that of all the heroes....you put the Falcon in it!?!?

#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32739 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

Fuck you, Marvel.

this
#28 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Fuck you, Marvel.

This times a thousand. I'm done with Marvel, they like to replace excellent shows with constant garbage. Count me out.

#29 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

Fuck you, Marvel.

Indeed
#30 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Falcon should be BP and they need another chick

#31 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

Marvel is just continuing their tradition of cancelling good cartoons, and replacing them with trash. I just hope the new show is more fluid in terms of animation. Other than that, I'm okay. But Black Widow? Seriously? And Black Panther is WAY cooler than the Falcon. I hope this new show helps prove me otherwise.

#32 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

What The Hell Marvel!!!!!!!!!! What the friggin hell!!! You cancel one of the best cartoons out there right now , which starred most of the heroes from your precious movie for this? And to top that of all the heroes....you put the Falcon in it!?!?
#33 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Watch the f-bombs, please. I understand your frustration, but all you have to do is censor the word.

#34 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio
Just created this a minute ago, I feel I may have to use it many times in the future
#35 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

LOL....I like how they threw Falcon in there for obvious token black man cannot say I am surprised

@cattlebattle said:

@War Killer said:
@cattlebattle said:
LOL....I like how they threw Falcon in there for obvious token black man cannot say I am surprised
Which really doesn't make sense seeing as I'm sure Nick Fury will be a regular on the show, seeing as they seem to be basing the team and show closely with the movie. Even Black Panther would make a bit more sense as fans are already familiar with his character.
I think you answered your own quandary...Nick Fury isn't actually an official member of the Avengers...just supporting. Black Panther was prominent on EMH, likely studio execs always think kids are really stupid and won't be able to decipher the cartoons if they have similar rosters...hence the change, or thats what I think at least

@hectorsquall said:

First they cancel the great Spectacular Spider-Man and replace it with the crappy Ultimate Spider-Man and now EMH will be cancelled and replaced by a new show with the movie cast (+ Falcon)? If it's true, then I'm done with Marvel's animated shows. Their Cinematic Universe is great but they keep making stupid decisions like that and that's why DC will always do better when it comes to animated series.

And if they really wanted a "token" black superhero, why not choose Luke Cage? He's is way cooler than Falcon and who wouldn't want to see something like that on TV:

http://www.marveltvnews.com/2012/06/06/avengers-emh-officially-cancelled-to-be-replaced-by-avengers-assemble/

It says in the link that The Falcon (wish it were BP. There is a Black Panther movie rumor and Cap2 would be perfect as a sort of segway) is rumored to be in the Captain America 2 so it could just be marketing and not at all tokenism. Also it states that Black Panther will join the team later.

I am bummed to see EMH end though and disappointed to not see Black Panther in the initial roster.

#36 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

F*ck you, Marvel.

This times a billion.

Who the hel* changes Black Panther for the freaking Falcon. Really? You had to change out a super smart great character for basically someone everyone has to make sure doesn't die.

FALCON SUCKS! MARVEL SUCKS! THIS SUCKS!

ARGHGHGHGHGHGHHG! x2

#37 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Welp... Since ratings don't matter anymore...

A LOT OF THE NEWER EPISODES THAT HAVEN'T AIRED IN THE US AND THE UK CAN ALL BE FOUND ON YOUTUBE. WATCH THEM THERE, AND DON'T GIVE MARVEL ANYMORE RATINGS PERIOD.

#38 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

A LOT OF THE NEWER EPISODES THAT HAVEN'T AIRED IN THE US AND THE UK CAN ALL BE FOUND ON YOUTUBE. WATCH THEM THERE, AND DON'T GIVE MARVEL ANYMORE RATINGS PERIOD.

I think this may actually be part of the problem. Lots of people watching online and not on tv.

#39 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: that's not the case. it's been noted EMH is a fan favorite and has decent ratings and is faring much much better than Ultimate Spider-Man is. In fact, Ultimate Spider-Man is mostly only doing ok because it leechs off of EMH's viewers.

They're only cancelling this because Loeb wasn't the driving force behind it.

#40 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7556 posts) - - Show Bio

Well damn. Was there ever an episode with Beta Ray Bill on it?

#41 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheSwordsman said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I think this may actually be part of the problem. Lots of people watching online and not on tv.

Ratings had nothing to do with the show getting cancelled, the show did fine, they just felt it they made it closer to the films they could incorporate one giant toy selling scheme, with the rosters matching up and directing it at kids

@BlackArmor said:
Just created this a minute ago, I feel I may have to use it many times in the future

you have to let me use that...it will save me a lot of typing
#42 Posted by The Stegman (23087 posts) - - Show Bio
@hectorsquall:  

@Twentyfive : Honestly, everyone is cooler than the Falcon at this point ;p

Falcon is as lame as everyone THINKS Aquaman is. 

The dude flies and talks to birds...that's about it.
#43 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Feel free, I have a feeling that it could be helpful

#44 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Ratings had nothing to do with the show getting cancelled, the show did fine, they just felt it they made it closer to the films they could incorporate one giant toy selling scheme, with the rosters matching up and directing it at kids

They could have done all of that withing the EMH framework They rarely cancel shows with great or even good ratings.

@X35 said:

@TheSwordsman: that's not the case. it's been noted EMH is a fan favorite and has decent ratings and is faring much much better than Ultimate Spider-Man is. In fact, Ultimate Spider-Man is mostly only doing ok because it leechs off of EMH's viewers.

They're only cancelling this because Loeb wasn't the driving force behind it.

I stated that it was part of the problem. I am certain if the ratings were stellar rather than decent it would have been picked up for another season and ratings would have been a lot better if more people watched it on television when it aired instead of online.

Again, if the ratings were exemplary instead of decent, they would have picked the show up for at least another season no matter who was or wasn't the driving force behind it.

Also does anyone have statistics on the rating. Shows rarely get cancelled when they are doing well ratings-wise.

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Well damn. Was there ever an episode with Beta Ray Bill on it?

Yes. The last episode on television was a BRB ep.

#45 Posted by ARMIV2 (8283 posts) - - Show Bio

The flying fwuaht?!

Well if that's the (stupid) move they're making then they sure better make sure that they end Earth's Mightiest Heroes off in a freaking fantastically awesome way then. They owe that much to us.

#46 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: Considering how badly USM is tanking and they're just looking the other way and wantng to make more things like it, I doubt it.

Marvel isn't a company, it's just a bunch of annoying people patting each other on the back.

#47 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@TheSwordsman: Considering how badly USM is tanking and they're just looking the other way and wantng to make more things like it, I doubt it.

Marvel isn't a company, it's just a bunch of annoying people patting each other on the back.

I am certain ratings had a lot more to do with it than people suspect. I will admit though that Marvel does not make the best business decisions in most cases.

#48 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheSwordsman said:

@cattlebattle said:

They could have done all of that withing the EMH framework They rarely cancel shows with great or even good ratings.

Well, I guess this is one of those "rare" cases you mention because the ratings were fine
#49 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

If Christopher Yost is writing and has this level of animation, i'll watch the hell out of it.

#50 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: You're missing the point. EMH's ratings were/are better than USM's. But USM isn't cancelled because Loeb was the one behind it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.