Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7702 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Captain America vs Wolverine

• 184 results
    spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The funny thing is that Marvel has several sources for stats that contradict themselves. The data I provided came from a Marvel product also.

I stick by my decision.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So once again in conclusion the unanimous winner is Wolverine.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So once again in conclusion the unanimous winner is Wolverine.

No it would not be Unanimous. The majority here that have posted say Wolverine. Other sites and forums have different responses.

Avatar image for pietromaximoffistheman
    PietroMaximoffIsTheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap, but Wolverine fans won't accept that.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By goobot

While it would be a good fight i don't see how cap would win. He would only be able to do a little damage to wolverine which would be undone in a second and the second wolverine gets a hit on him it would be critical to cap due to the adamantium claws.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By spider11211

"only a little damage"?

I think you need to look into what Captain America can do. I belive you will find that he can do much more than a little damage.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"only a little damage"?

I think you need to look into what Captain America can do. I belive you will find that he can do much more than a little damage.

I wasn't saying he was weak. But wolverine has an undamageable skeleton meaning cap can only cause flesh wounds that would heal a second later. It's not like he has any energy projection abilities or anything.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By spider11211

You can hurt organs and not break a bone, for example a human head will explode in a helmet if it has a big impact.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

If your talking sheer hand to hand sparring Cap would win this more often then not, but if your talking fights to the death, the Logan would win.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Wolverine

KingJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine.... Rather handily. Not much Cap can do to Wolverine. Only way he has a shot is if it's pre-adamantium Logan.

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Starbrander

Wolverine:

He hits harder because you're being hit by metal. Like brass knuckles everything, but worse.

Healing factor gives him tons of endurance

Claws

Heals from extreme levels of physical damage.

Cant break his bones

Walking around with metal on his bones makes him heavy and inherently strong

Knows how to throw down

Cap is awesome but Wolverine would end up killing him.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would said Wolverine...but who knows....it can be a 50/50 though.

trickzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By trickzzz

Wolverine takes this but cap would give him some nice punches.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

who says Cap has to play fair?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@thorson said:

who says Cap has to play fair?

captain america is allowed to use a fire torch.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wolverine cus he is faster and stronger. Cap can only wish he can throw so hard to break Adamantium bones, he is yet peak human

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
    deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always Wolverine

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this deserves a bump for post #73, sorry don't know how to quote.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By spider11211

@dimitridkatsis said:

this deserves a bump for post #73, sorry don't know how to quote.

No problem! I also posted stats from Marvel that makes it a much better fight that die hard Wolverine or Cap fanboys want to admit.

I like both characters and I was trying to stay objective.

ODST2711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By ODST2711

Captain Americas shield is very strong and durable but wolverines claws are stronger. Captain america may be the better fighter but with wolverines incredible regeneration rate captains shield would do nothing.

Wolverine For the Win

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap has a shot at this, to the death or not. Yes, Wolverine can heal from catastrophic injuries, but if he sustains such injuries, the fight is over for him. If Cap can knock him out (far from impossible, as this does not require that the skull be cracked), he should be able to turn Wolverines neck into hamburger with the edge of his shield, cutting off his breathing/circulatory system and killing him. He knows well enough not to hold back against Logan in a situation like this.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

No surprises Wolvie wins

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap has a shot at this, to the death or not. Yes, Wolverine can heal from catastrophic injuries, but if he sustains such injuries, the fight is over for him. If Cap can knock him out (far from impossible, as this does not require that the skull be cracked), he should be able to turn Wolverines neck into hamburger with the edge of his shield, cutting off his breathing/circulatory system and killing him. He knows well enough not to hold back against Logan in a situation like this.

Agreed

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By killraven4334

Who wins in comics? Likely Cap because if he loses its pretty pathetic and well hes kinda useless. Who will win in a logical argument, Wolverine.

There is nothing that Cap can do to Wolverine, and no matter how well cap fights or plans all it takes is one lucky stab to end Cap. Cap simply cannot compete with indestructible healing wolvie. There is a reason why they had cap kick him out of the plane in AvX because Cap has no way to put wolvie down.

Edit; That moment you read a post, completely agree with it, are about to comment said agreement and you realize you were the one who said it a couple days ago.../facepalm

Avatar image for pleasuremachine
    pleasuremachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By pleasuremachine

I think Captain America will win much more than wolverine, and I will explain why...

Strength: Wolverine does not have strength that matches caps without adamantium but with it, he can press about 2 tons. Captain America's strength is preternatural, there is an image floating around (the one where you see 1100 pounds on one side, if you actually lift, you would know its 2200 pounds, that is 1100*2. Even marvel stated that he had it 1100 on both sides). Marvel stated before that he is a 2 tonner but that was his max.

Stamina: Captain America, he doesn't build up much fatigue.. In Dimension Z he is shown running around for 10 years (out of 12)all while raising a son, fighting, barely any sleep, no eating and drinking, and while having that hole in his chest. The dimension has no effect on his abilities btw.

Durability: Wolverine takes this. He has a coating, not pure adamantium on his bones. It can be broken but with sufficient strength.

Endurance: Wolverine due to healing factor being faster, just to be clear his injuries are not instantly healed, it takes like 5 secs in the movie and in comics it isn't instant either.

Agility: Captain America

Speed (Reaction wise): Marvel has stated that Wolverine CAN be as fast as Rogers, so maybe equal.

Skill: Equal to some extent, They both know every martial art known to man...It has been stated by both in comics. Rogers knows some martial arts from other worlds as well, not sure about Wolverine. Wolverines experience in war doesn't matter so much because it was different, he was just any normal soldier and was not heroic on Captain's level, that is why Captain America is the first avenger. Another thing to add to that is, their experience is different. Captain usually blocks/dodges bullets and uses his H2H skills or his strategic skills to best his opponents, Wolverine on the other hand is usually always shot at and he can survive from his healing factor and do what he needs to do (kill with gun or claws whatever it takes).

Mind: Captain America, he has photographic memory and can process multiple things at the same time as well as learn anything he wanted to very quickly, he is a genius by marvel standards, I bet he would be better than Iron Man if he were to learn a subject from a book and know all about it. This is also the reason cap is able to learn and master combat skills in a very short amount of time compared to the human mind (Wolverine has a normal human mind.) which would usually take about 8-10 years to master a martial art. No matter Wolverines durability, he can still be KO'ed the adamantium can not protect him from a KO. Cap will probably be able to make a move faster than wolverine will think of one.

In conclusion: Captain America can use a device that emits a lot of sound to kill wolverine due to his superhuman hearing, hulk almost killed wolverine with a thunder clap. In the movie(which is actually the same as comic wolverine abilities wise), Wolverine's adamantium is penetrated by an adamantium bullet, caps shield is stronger than his metal and cap can hit much harder than a bullet, in a comic Cap split a military truck in half with a shield throw, which not even a .50 cal would get close to doing. If cap were to knock out Wolverine, he can cut his head off, that is if Wolverines joints are adamantium, if not, cap can easily cut his head off if he tried, even wolverine knows that he adamantium can be cut through and he knows this because of the Silver Samurai. BTW Wolverine wouldn't be able to turn his head if they were adamantium, so he most likely does not have adamantium joints. Even if wolverine manages to stab cap, he can continue to fight and would probably heal fast too since cap healed from a bullet in 7 mins, there is no reason he cant heal from a stab in 10 mins or less but I think cap can probably only take 3 stabs which won't happen because logan has to get around his shield multiple times which is not easy to do, he has only done it once through his luck. Finally after all this typing, you should now see how cap will easily win and you should now know that no matter how indestructable you think logan is, he is not.

Filthtrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a couple of questions

1. How is Wolverine stronger than Cap?
    2. How is Wolverine faster than Cap?
    3. Since when is Wolverine's claws stronger than Cap's shield?
    4. When did Wolverine defeat Phoenix by himself?

A bunch of people have made these claims here but I don't think any of these are right. In most cases I remember the opposite being true.

pleasuremachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@filthtrooper: 1. There is no proof that wolverine is stronger really, marvel said he can bench press just about 2 tons, marvel also said that 2 tons should be around caps max. Wolverine also does not have the super strength from his muscles, he gets it from his metal skeleton which can only support weight, not lift it ... but marvel doesn't use real world physics some times and they try to make him seem OP.

2. I don't think hes faster, besides the adamantium probably slows him down... without that his reflexes can(sometimes) be as fast as caps due to healing factor.

3. It is not. Cap's shield is made of Vibranium and Adamantium, Vibranium is stronger than Adamantium. Wolverine only has a coating of Adamantium so there is also no way that his claws can be stronger.

4. I don't think he did this by himself. Never seen it in comics only in the third Xmen movie so idk... but in the movie he has some support, he also would have died the instant phoenix seen him but his healing factor kept up with the damage and therefore he was able to stab her.

Still voting probably 7 to 8/10 in Cap's favor, Don't get me wrong I like Wolverine but Cap can easily take him if he really wanted to kill him.. imagine a enraged Cap.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know. They're both good fighter.

pleasuremachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azalae: Not saying Wolverine isnt a great fighter, he is still pretty amazing.. just saying Cap can beat him pretty easily.

slin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say in a fight to the finish Wolverine has the upper hand. I do believe cap is a better fighter but cap is more fragile then Wolverine. One blow from cap may only knock down Wolverine but if Wolverine gets a hit on Cap it can mean life or limb. I think it would be a really long fight because of captain's shield but I don't see either of them wearing out.

I think in certain scenarios Cap can find a way to win the fight that end up with Logan locked down.

pleasuremachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slin: Yea Wolverine can win... They both can. But I don't see how he has the upper hand because cap is more fragile. Cap can stop his claws from even coming out, then he can win, Cap can probably keep fighting if he got stabbed but at the same time depending where it was it can end him. Wolverine can be KO'ed by a hit from cap and killed if cap chops his head off with his shield. Cap is faster too. This fight will be long unless Cap were to cheat and pop his ear drums with a high sound emitting device, same for wolverine probably if he had prep time unless cap knows hes coming. I just don't see wolverine winning a fight to the death on a random encounter cap can literally cut his head off due to his superior speed, fighting skills, and tactics. The only way they can beat each other is by either KO'ing each other with a good hit in the head or cutting each others heads off.. Obviously wolverine cant die any other way(except popping his ear drums) and Cap has healed from a bullet to the head, a claw will be no different. Their healing factors plus both their durability prevent them from taking damage unless it was constant, Cap heals in seconds plus his dense skin,muscles, and bones and Wolverine heals in seconds plus his adamantium. I still choose cap man but I respect your opinion.

iyaihn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By iyaihn
    No Caption Provided

Cap could beat him pretty easily eh bub?

pleasuremachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By pleasuremachine

@iyaihn: statistically yes... I can say though wolverine is a good fighter. You do know that Wolverine was more popular than Cap at that time and probably still is, Marvel is obviously going to let the most popular win. Besides Cap has beaten Wolverine before with just a shield bash, wolverine also got knocked out by a peak human, daredevil, with just a karate chop... don't make me post that.

pleasuremachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By pleasuremachine

@iyaihn: btw i forgot wat happened after that fight but im pretty sure that someone said steve healed from the wound in the next panel.

EDIT: So I read a few comics and I got a chance to look at Wolverine Origins, It looks like steve almost had 2 wins on Wolverine, in ww2 steve was literally beating him down after him being a traitor, Wolverine didn't use claws which cap can stop anyway. This was obviously before his adamantium treatment which doesn't make a difference because it would end up the same way besides wolverine is supposed to be faster without the metal. The 2nd battle which idk the timeline, but modern times, steve bests wolverine in h2h combat and takes the muramasa blade(Wolverine's Weakness) and stops wolverine, but Nuke interupts while steve is escorting logan or where ever he was taking him. Steve crushes Nuke but Logan gets the opportunity to get Steve while he crushes Nuke and takes the blade, then he has the killing blow but is interupted by X-Men. If it were not for Nuke, Logan would not have beat Steve.

BloodBlunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if its a fight to the death wolverine would win. he wouldnt consider the fight over until either he or cap is dead and hes not gonna die

pleasuremachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By pleasuremachine

@bloodblunts: neither will cap when he is willing to kill and/or no morals.. Did you see what he did to Nuke? Cap was going to kill him, after he thought there was no point in trying to save him anymore.

EDIT: OH and I think it's worth mentioning that Wolverine still loses against Bucky, at least 2 times.. I don't recall Wolverine beating him, while Steve can in fact handle Bucky.

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Captain America got this.

Warhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with Wolverine

pleasuremachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By pleasuremachine

Captain America unleashes his super soldier fart(The smelliest, loudest, most dangerous fart known to all of mankind) of which Wolverine smells and dies from the very stench do to his super acute senses. But in all seriousness Cap wins, already stated my point. Besides Cap has won 3 of their comic fights out of 4

xNahtebx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

rahulmrv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By rahulmrv

Would be a great fight but Cap could do effectively nothing to injure Logan. Adamantium + Super fast healing makes him almost invulnerable. He killed the Pheonix for crying out loud. And he can even regenerate his organs. On the other hand, one good slash by Logan on Steve is game over.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Cap will lose, while he will try and convince wolverine to calm down, wolverine will be attacking him hard and ripping him to shreds.

Gazerbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Wolverine got this. Cap better run LOL.

TeaKay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This stupid debate obviously goes to Wolverine

1: Wolvering literally needs one hit from his claws to severly wound cap. While I just dont any realistic scenario in which Cap can FATALY wound Logan with one or even multiple strikes. Wolverine has taken hits from the hulk who is easily a 100 tonner ( probably more ). I doubt 1,200 pounds of force even behind vibranium would do significant damage.

2: You can argue that captain america slightly faster, hell ill even give you a slightly better fighter. But the fact remains that Logan has a top notch healing factor and an adamantium skeleton. There are so many scenarios in which I see Logan destroying cap, but there are only a few I see in favor of cap.

3: The ONLY reason this is a debate is due to cap's shield. and i can see him becoming parted with it during the battle. However you can't take away Logans healing factor nor his adamantium skeleton. Once cap's shield is gone, the dude isn't even a threat hes just a nuisance, a man barely above peak human. Cap without his shield could barely even hurt Logan, and even with his shield ill say that a blow from the hulk is a lot more powerful than a metal shield thrown by a guy who can only press 1,200 pounds, (even if we increased his strength to 3 tons which is WAY above caps current lvl).

Wolverine takes this 7-8/10

a better battle would be Cyclops vs Cap

Avatar image for themasterofmagnetism
    TheMasterofMagnetism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine is an animal fighting.

So I'm with Wolverine.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By spider11211

This goes to Cap

"While I just dont any realistic scenario in which Cap can FATALY wound Logan with one or even multiple strikes."

You need to learn more about Cap you are very wrong about that.

It will be a good fight but Caps skill will put him on top more often.

Your statment "This stupid debate obviously goes to Wolverine" shows that you are not subjective here.

"Wolverine has taken hits from the hulk who is easily a 100 tonner ( probably more ). I doubt 1,200 pounds of force even behind vibranium would do significant damage."

Where and how you hit makes a big difference (ask anyone that has training).

TeaKay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider11211: dude I'm sorry but you ride captain America way too hard. Saying that Steve could change the way he hit to have his blow anywhere near the level of the hulks is absolutely insane. Cap is an overrated peak human with a shield. All it takes is one stab to put him down, and being that Logan is no scrub when it comes to hand to hand combat. I'm giving this to Logan almost every time. The fact remains that Logan has to make much less of an effort to severely wound cap. Caps whole body is vulnerable to wolverines claws backed up by more or less 2 tons of force. While Steve has to get over a healing factor and an adamantium skeleton lol. Dude I don't hate cap and I don't worship wolverine , nobody is saying cap isn't one badass character. We're just saying hed have too many obstacles in the way to beat wolverine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.