Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7694 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Blue Marvel and She Hulk Join the Mighty

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So far we've got Spider-man and Luke Cage joining the Mighty and today they've revealed two more characters in Blue Marvel and She Hulk. You can use the Marvel AR app on the image below to see a video from Tom Brevoort about the characters.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ok four Super-strength characters. Mix it up Marvel!

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Spider-man and She-Hulk on the same team? That's enough for me to want to check it out.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm most excited to see Blue Marvel and She Hulk. I hope songbird is a member.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I like She-Hulk, so this has now become more interesting to me.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx said:

I'm most excited to see Blue Marvel and She Hulk. I hope songbird is a member.

That would be great!

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: power wise she brings diversity. Shes a great female character. Has deserved a abengers spot for awhile now, amd the dark avengers series ended/ is ending

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx: oh, yeah, all of that. haha! -you don't have to convince me she deserves to be an Avenger, I've been a fan ever since I read her in Avengers Forever as a kid.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: awesomee. I first learned of her through marvel ultimate alliance 2

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By PowerHerc

Meh.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 vance_astro  Moderator

What is the Mighty though?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vance_astro  Moderator
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@danhimself said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@vance_astro: another Avengers team

that's the best guess and probably what it is but we don't know that for sure

Whatever it is I just hope they do Blue Marvel & She-Hulk justice. If that yellow fist is for Cage, I hope he gets some decent feats under his belt.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@vance_astro: another Avengers team

that's the best guess and probably what it is but we don't know that for sure

Whatever it is I just hope they do Blue Marvel & She-Hulk justice. If that yellow fist is for Cage, I hope he gets some decent feats under his belt.

I was never interested in Blue Marvel...I tried out the first issue of his mini, lost interest and didn't read the rest so maybe I'll like him here better

it is definitely Cage and Superior Spider-man

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@danhimself said:

I was never interested in Blue Marvel...I tried out the first issue of his mini, lost interest and didn't read the rest so maybe I'll like him here better

I can understand why. They built Adam up as this great hero for him to help out the original Mighty Avengers and then disappear of the face of the earth and depending on your interpretation of whether Sentry was KO'd when they fought, Blue Marvel basically one-shotted the most powerful member of the original Mighty Avengers and took on the whole team, so I can only assume he's either getting ready to nerfed down. Marvel doesn't ever seem to know what to do with characters of that caliber.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

I can understand why. They built Adam up as this great hero for him to help out the original Mighty Avengers and then disappear of the face of the earth and depending on your interpretation of whether Sentry was KO'd when they fought, Blue Marvel basically one-shotted the most powerful member of the original Mighty Avengers and took on the whole team, so I can only assume he's either getting ready to nerfed down. Marvel doesn't ever seem to know what to do with characters of that caliber.

the problem is that they won't ever give these kinds of characters a chance....Sentry could have easily been their answer to Superman but instead they turned him into a psycho and killed him within what 5 years of his creation? It's why I never get into any of Marvel's new characters and try to warn others to do the same...there's no point in really liking any of the Young Avengers or Avengers Academy characters because they'll eventually get the same treatment as the New X-men/Academy X characters and just be shelved to limbo at some point, killed in the background of some other book, or Avengers Arenaed

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vance_astro  Moderator

@amutant said:

Rob Liefeld is available...

Don't remind me...

@danhimself said:

the problem is that they won't ever give these kinds of characters a chance....Sentry could have easily been their answer to Superman but instead they turned him into a psycho and killed him within what 5 years of his creation? It's why I never get into any of Marvel's new characters and try to warn others to do the same...there's no point in really liking any of the Young Avengers or Avengers Academy characters because they'll eventually get the same treatment as the New X-men/Academy X characters and just be shelved to limbo at some point, killed in the background of some other book, or Avengers Arenaed

I guess this is true. Alot of times I fall for the trap of thinking Marvel has changed or stepped their game up but all they do is continuosly make characters and then completely ruin whatever it was we liked about them, or kill them off for some bullsh_t storyline. I mean the sheer mount of young characters I liked around Civil War time that are now dead,m.i.a.,ruined or just not doing much is upsetting.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amutant said:

Rob Liefeld is available...

Don't remind me...

@danhimself

said:

I guess this is true. Alot of times I fall for the trap of thinking Marvel has changed or stepped their game up but all they do is continuosly make characters and then completely ruin whatever it was we liked about them, or kill them off for some bullsh_t storyline. I mean the sheer mount of young characters I liked around Civil War time that are now dead,m.i.a.,ruined or just not doing much is upsetting.

some of my favorite Marvel characters are the Academy X characters and most of them haven't been used for anything other than cameos in years

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Mega_spidey01

great! i'm glad she-hulk & blue marvel have join the team. i can't wait to read this.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to say there isn't some truth to that, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't enjoy the stories while they're happening. I personally don't miss the Sentry, for example, but I enjoyed him while he was around. I doubt Hyperion or Blue Marvel will fair any better in the long run, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in seeing what they do with them.

And, hey, Kate Bishop's still around and entertaining me, so I think that shows that some newer characters can break that cycle. It's comic books, anything can happen; if you'd told me twenty years ago that Deadpool would become one of Marvel's most popular and recognized characters, there's no way I would've believed it, but there he is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

There ya go internets! Lukie Cage, Falcon, White Tiger, A NEW RONIN! , Photon, Blue Marvel, She-Hulk,Power Man and Superior Spider-man.

This looks like it could be interesting. Monica Rambeau will be rebranding herself as Spectrum now, which could be cool. I like the look of this team but when Thanos comes, I want the Avengers to arrive and help out too.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oscars94 said:
    No Caption Provided

There ya go internets! Lukie Cage, Falcon, White Tiger, A NEW RONIN! , Photon, Blue Marvel, She-Hulk,Power Man and Superior Spider-man.

This looks like it could be interesting. Monica Rambeau will be rebranding herself as Spectrum now, which could be cool. I like the look of this team but when Thanos comes, I want the Avengers to arrive and help out too.

oh, nice!

I like the look of this team a lot! So many of my favorites on one team!

Thanks a lot for posting this; where'd you find it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Here's some more pics of the new team!

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tigerkaya

The team looks interesting just wish Superior Spider-Man would stop showing up. But the real killer is Blue Marvel I hate the Superman knockoffs (Minus Gladiator). They lack no weakness in their powers just to give Marvel the excuse of having a superman knockoff. I enjoy Marvel teams when the members combine powers or do a cool team up maneuver. So I'm going to have to pass on this title much like I did with Avengers for the Superman knockoff.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honesty, just seeing all of these characters on the same team is enough to get me excited. I love Falcon, Photon, She-Hulk and Spider-man (Amazing or Superior, actually). And Luke Cage is pretty cool.

I don't even really know the other characters, but I've heard lots of great things about Blue Marvel. He may just be another Marvel Superman analogue, but I like Superman, and at least they always end up using those types of characters in ways that DC wouldn't use Superman, so that's usually cool at least.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awwwwwwwwwww Land is doing the art :(

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By oldnightcrawler

what? really?

man... and I was so excited about this book :'(

Well, I'll still give it a chance to see this team.

are you sure he's not just doing covers?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

what? really?

man... and I was so excited about this book :'(

Well, I'll still give it a chance to see this team.

are you sure he's not just doing covers?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Ewing spoke at length about the way he’ll be working with Greg Land on the book – Marvel style, essentially. And this will be a chance to see Greg Land working on his storytelling somewhat, taking a more active role in sequencing and structure, for Ewing to then script over. That seems to be a wise tactic to take with Land, whose art is very divisive.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: ah, I didn't see that on those smaller scans.

well, like I said, I'm not a Land fan, but I'll still give this book a chance for that team.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: yeah I couldn't read it on the smaller scans either so I went and looked for larger

I guess I will to...I mean I'm reading Iron Man still so why not this

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.