Best Avengers Story

#1 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

It can be a story arc, ongoing series or alternate reality, but which one to you consider to be the best, favorite or easiest to jump into and read? I've never really read any Avengers and this is why I'm curious of the thoughts of others.

Mine would have to be The Ultimates.

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11337 posts) - - Show Bio

The one where Bendis leaves so I can start reading the book without being confused as eff :P

#3 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers Dissassembled

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

The one where Bendis leaves so I can start reading the book without being confused as eff :P

LOL, Good one! ;)

#4 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ultimates Vol. 1&2.... Yeah, they may not be The Avengers per se, but Millar knows the characters MUCH better than a so-called writer already mentioned...

#6 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: those are my 2 fav stories ever.

I have to say, Secret Invasion was pretty good (the main book)

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (83251 posts) - - Show Bio

The Korvac Saga with the "What if . . . Korvac had lived?" comic added, too.

#8 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

My favourite as of recently has been New Avengers when it first started.

#9 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Civil War, that's really the only one from the 616 that I liked. All of Bendis's Avengers is terrible.

#10 Posted by chalkshark (1187 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by marvel186 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg: Civil War for me is the worse, Goodbye Cap

#12 Posted by badaboop (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed the first New Avengers story, the one that was drawn by David Finch. Aside from that one, the Ultimates is where it's at. It's just so relatable to the world we live in and the characters truly feel real.

#13 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the new avengers ongoing !!! I mean the whole series is awesome !!! the characters in the team become like a family and time after time they really become a part of your life ^^ and besides that this series relates to every single event in the 616 universe I think :D I like the story where they are rescuing luke the most !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.