Best Avenger of the 90s

#1 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by MadameMasque (8 posts) - - Show Bio

There is only one answer.

#3 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman because that was the best we've ever seen of him outside being a one note villain(Though a very cool one note villain)

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did 40% choose Spider-Man? I didn't even know Spider-Man WAS an Avenger in the 90's I had to look it up. I can't remember a roster he was active on or what he did while on the team. 

#5 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: His only really contribution in the 90s was mostly the forgotten Infinity Union story where both he and Sersi joined.

He was in a couple of issues afterwards, and he was actually an Avenger during Infinity Gauntlet (it's not mentioned however)...but he was then fired a few months later in Captain America #401 for not showing up for Operation Galactic Storm and for being busy all the time and unreliable.

He kiinda rejoined for a sole issue in Avengers vol. 3 where he left almost instantly because again he was too busy to dedicate himself to the team.

Ahhhhhhh, when comics made sense.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

@Vance Astro: His only really contribution in the 90s was mostly the forgotten Infinity Union story where both he and Sersi joined.

He was in a couple of issues afterwards, and he was actually an Avenger during Infinity Gauntlet (it's not mentioned however)...but he was then fired a few months later in Captain America #401 for not showing up for Operation Galactic Storm and for being busy all the time and unreliable.

He kiinda rejoined for a sole issue in Avengers vol. 3 where he left almost instantly because again he was too busy to dedicate himself to the team.

Ahhhhhhh, when comics made sense.

I figured you would know, but the question is does everyone who is choosing Spider-Man remember this arc or did they just come into the thread and click a random choice. Spider-Man is a great character IMO, and he's definitely one of my favorites but when I think of Spider-Man I don't think of him as a great Avenger even recently when he was a more active member, he's just a great hero all round. I've read so much Avengers it's hard for me to remember arcs some times, it's why I keep so many scans but I'm sure even if I had remembered Spider-Man's contribution he wouldn't have been my choice. Thanks for the information BTW.
#7 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Doubt it, but I do admit to liking Spider-Man as an Avenger in this period more than recently since they just handled it with far more common sense that now. But it frustrates me since I was legitimately torn between 5 characters on here and it pains me to see all over half the others don't have any votes in exchange for what's obviously Mr. Popular.

But on the same note, I also doubt the one guy who voted for Vision considered that the real Vision obviously joined well and truly before the 90s and this time it was a Vision who tried to kill most the Avengers and molest Crystal. Even Marvel don't remember this guy...

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

I was legitimately torn between 5 characters on here and it pains me to see all over half the others don't have any votes in exchange for what's obviously Mr. Popular...

Am I correct in guessing that the 5 was Sersi,Crystal,Iron Man,Spider-Woman & Thunderstrike? 
#9 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Swap out Teen Tony and Thunderstrike for Madame Masque and Sandman and yeah. (Swordsman, Machine Man and Darkhawk are also among ones I considered voting for)

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

@Vance Astro: Swap out Teen Tony and Thunderstrike for Madame Masque and Sandman and yeah. (Swordsman, Machine Man and Darkhawk are also among ones I considered voting for)

Really? You liked Sandman as an Avenger?
#11 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: why not

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

@Vance Astro: why not

Iunno, I never found him interesting.
#13 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

Madam Masque =)

#14 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Believe it or not, I'm not you. xP

@Aiden Cross said:

Madam Masque =)

GOOD VOTE.

#15 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: OF COURSE IT IS! Every vote of mine is awesome ;p

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

@Vance Astro: Believe it or not, I'm not you. xP

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.