Benedict Cumberbatch

#1 Posted by TheGodofThunder (584 posts) - - Show Bio

So recently I have become a huge fan of Benedict Cumberbatch after watching Sherlock and Star Trek: Into Darkness. I really want him to play some role in a marvel movie. So I have some ideas. First and foremost, I think he could probably play ultron. He definitely has the voice for it. In a less probable role, he could be a great Adam warlock in maybe a guardians 2 movie. And even less likely, he could fit well into the roles of maybe dormammu, Kang, or the high evolutionary. If anyone else likes him as an actor, let me know what you think.

#2 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's too talented of an actor to be typecasted as the villain in every movie going forward now :3

Cast him as a hero. Doctor Strange maybe?

#3 Edited by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking he could play Pete Wisdom. Also, while Cumberbatch's voice IS awesome, I'm really hoping Ultron sounds like a Mass Effect Reaper. Imagine Ultron saying this:

#4 Posted by TheGodofThunder (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I was actually thinking maybe Doctor strange too. Forgot to put it in the post. He'd be better than JGL.

#5 Posted by TheGodofThunder (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: Not familiar with pete wisdom, but he already kinda sounds like a reaper.

#6 Posted by danhimself (22275 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's too talented of an actor to be typecasted as the villain in every movie going forward now :3

Cast him as a hero. Doctor Strange maybe?

best casting choice for Doctor Strange other than my own choice of Tom Selleck

#7 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

Not familiar with pete wisdom, but he already kinda sounds like a reaper.

Pete Wisdom is the mutant in charge of MI:13, the division of British Military Intelligence in charge of dealing with supernatural phenomena. He has the ability to charge up solar 'hot knives' which he can generate and throw at will. Think mutant John Constantine working for the government.

#8 Edited by TheGodofThunder (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I think Tom sellick might be a tad too old, but I'm really into him being cast as Dr. Strange! If that happened, what a dream come true.

#9 Posted by ColonelRunAway (369 posts) - - Show Bio

he could be a great Adam warlock in maybe a guardians 2 movie. And even less likely, he could fit well into the roles of maybe dormammu, Kang, or the high evolutionary.

I am going to burn everything you love.

#10 Posted by longbowhunter (6729 posts) - - Show Bio

I was quite a fan of his performance in Star Trek: Into Darkness. After that I got caught up on Sherlock. I've gotta say I'm harboring a serious man crush on this guy right now. He's my top fan cast choice for the Shade.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22275 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegodofthunder: yeah he may be a bit to old now but man does he look the part...plus I think you may be the first person to not call me crazy because of that choice

#12 Edited by TheGodofThunder (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonelrunaway: That's a little harsh. Any reason to burn everything I love?

#13 Posted by TheGodofThunder (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Well he definitely has the stache for it, lol.

#14 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegodofthunder: I think he's just trolling.

As to the thread, well I never liked him as Kahn but he played a great villain with the inserted name of Kahn. So to that I say he could make a great Kang and Immortus. Two sides battling over the destiny of one another.

#15 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

I was quite a fan of his performance in Star Trek: Into Darkness. After that I got caught up on Sherlock. I've gotta say I'm harboring a serious man crush on this guy right now. He's my top fan cast choice for the Shade.

THAT is good casting.

#16 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he can be a great Kang.

#17 Posted by jumpstart55 (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

If he ever does get to play a marvel villain it should, most definitely be Kang the Conqueror for sure.

#18 Posted by Spideysense44 (2910 posts) - - Show Bio

as long as he isnt doctor strange

#19 Posted by cameron83 (6634 posts) - - Show Bio

as long as he isnt doctor strange

this

If he ever does get to play a marvel villain it should, most definitely be Kang the Conqueror for sure.

and this.

As Dormammu? No.

#20 Posted by BigL (235 posts) - - Show Bio

He is amazing in Sherlock that quickly became one of my favorite shows. I can see him as Mr.Fantastic (I know FF is Fox) or Hank Pym, defintely the scientist type

#21 Posted by Doctorholmes241 (71 posts) - - Show Bio

He was great as Sherlock and Khan, I agree he would be good as Ultron

#22 Posted by Spideysense44 (2910 posts) - - Show Bio

i dnt want him playing any of Marvels ppl the guy looks krazy and weird Dr.Strange starts off cocky, he good looking, and selfish. This guy looks like the opposite of tht..maybe hank pym or something thts abt it idc how "good of an actor" he is

#23 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange, accept no substitutes. He could pull off everything from Strange's arrogance to his later baritone chanting of spells.

#24 Posted by The Stegman (23021 posts) - - Show Bio

He just Screams Kang

#25 Edited by Akindoodle (973 posts) - - Show Bio

SHADE?! Like the changing man Shade? DC Shade? Oh that's good. That's pretty darn good

#26 Posted by longbowhunter (6729 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Akindoodle (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter: Oh THAT Shade. Still a pretty good fit. Hell, it's even better; he's got the accent and ridiculously curly hair. Yeah I can totally see him in a suit and top hat, sporting a cane

#28 Posted by Oscars94 (2323 posts) - - Show Bio

He's Malekith in Thor 2.

#29 Edited by TheGodofThunder (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94: Not sure if you're serious, but that's Christopher Eccelston.

#30 Posted by TheGodofThunder (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: I'm feeling the kang. If only Marvel would do a movie with him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.