Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers - Two Spots Remaining...

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

No Caption Provided

In issue 17 of the Avengers four new recruits joined Hickman's Avenger crew. That's be Ex Nihlo, Abyss, Star Brand and Nightmask. So that means 22 of the open 24 roster spots are filled leaving only two remaining. I'm assuming we will see a completed roster by the end of Infinity. So that likely means it'll be someone we will see in the next few issues. How do you think it'll be?

I'm leaning towards Kl'rt and Ronan. That'll leave the Avengers with ties to the Kree, Shi'ar, and Skrull empires. Just a guess.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Thanos

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Hey, Quasar is actually a decent choice. I thought you would have said Thanos and Death.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knighthood: I had thought of Death lol

Yea considering the direction them'v taken the Avengers I'm very surprised Quasar hasn't turned up already

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I'm not so sure about alien villains becoming Avengers.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By knighthood

I'm not so sure about alien villains becoming Avengers.

It could be a reach. Marvel does have a tendency to make villains good guys. If you were referring to my suggestions, Ronan is married to an Avenger. Plus ties to the Inhumans.

Kl'rt could be a bit of a stretch, but didn't he side with Nova during Secret Invasion?

I can see this happening.

Do you have any ideas?

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Cap10nate

I don't think of Kl'rt or Ronan as villains anymore. Not since the Annihilation Wave at least and probably before that.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@cap10nate said:

I don't think of Kl'rt or Ronan as villains anymore. Not since the Annihilation Wave at least and probably before that.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mantis
    Mantis
    Bug
    Bug

I'm certain these two will be out in the battle somewhere, perhaps they'll hook up with the Avengers. But, I don't think these are big enough characters to earn the top and bottom spots on Hickman's graph. That's why I went with some heavy weights like Kl'rt and Ronan.

Obviously Star Brand & Nightmask or Abyss & Ex Nihlo may already have those spots.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paibok the Power Skrull representing for the skulls with Klr't having responsibilities to rebuilding the empire and Druid from Secret warriors for mysticism on the team.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@tigerkaya: I've never seen that Druid. I was thinking about Dr. Druid, but but I hardly know what's been done to his character. The team is in need of some mysticism.

Is Shang Chi or Manifold somewhat mystic?

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knighthood: Shang Chi is just your regular martial artist and Manifold is just a mutant no mysticism.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knighthood: Shang Chi is just your regular martial artist and Manifold is just a mutant no mysticism.

The question about Manifold was raised because his tutelage under Gateway whom has always seemed mystic to me.

The ability to channel Chi is somewhat mystic, but I'm glad Marvel stopped there is is not adding all the confusing K'un L'un type nonsense that Iron Fist has.

So yeah. They could use some mystic help.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knighthood: Not much a fan of Shang Chi to me he's always been the Bruce Lee Knock off same with Hyperion being the Superman knockoff I would have replaced Shang with Suzi Endo.

youngwonderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By youngwonderman

I'm very interested to find out the final two spots

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By knighthood

I'm very interested to find out the final two spots

Ditto. And they'd seem to be somewhat significant characters because of how the diagram is designed. I'm still leaning towards...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nova [Sam Alexander] and Ikon the Space Knight.

I don't think Hickman ever ruled out Dr. Strange either.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider Man 2099 and Miles Morales

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordhuck said:

Nova [Sam Alexander] and Ikon the Space Knight.

I don't think Hickman ever ruled out Dr. Strange either.

A Space Knight would be interesting. I'm not sure about Ikon. You have read Infinity #1 right?

@dbatdog said:

Spider Man 2099 and Miles Morales

Miguel would be great. I haven't read any Miles.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knighthood: Now that would be cool. Infinity would transform it from an Avengers World to an Avengers Universe. They could be The Guardians Of The Galaxy! - Wait a minute...

Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lordhuck

@knighthood:

Well the way things are going I would have to put some $$ on the Spitfire/Cipher entity that hatched out of the A.I.M cocoon.

So......Jennifer Swann would be one of the final members

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By knighthood

@lordhuck said:

@knighthood:

Well the way things are going I would have to put some $$ on the Spitfire/Cipher entity that hatched out of the A.I.M cocoon.

So......Jennifer Swann would be one of the final members

The A.I.M. Island location was supposed to be self-defense. I'm uncertain how Spitfire would work in that context. It does resemble Spitfire, but honestly I don't know what it is...

No Caption Provided

A.I.M. stored in a space between two dead universes. I can imagine it being released if the Builders reach Earth. Speaking of Earth, the digital summary said Avengers battle "Mad Earth". I'm wondering if that is the sentient world or the name of this robot. A.I.M. also collected samples from the Avengers, I'm wondering what'll happen.

No Caption Provided

Another possibility, could be one of the "Children of the Sun". It's a reach, but most of these guesses are.

klank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By klank

Are we certain that Ex Nihilo and Abyss as well as Nightmask and Star Brand are really proper Avengers and not just temps during Infinity?

If the former duo really are I can see them being the top and and botton spots on the diagram. One being life and the other death with them connected to Cap and Iron Man who at the end of Hickman's first arc said Steve and Tony represented life and death.

Speaking of the diagram; maybe I'm reading to much into it but when we got the expanded roster at the end of the third issue I thought there was a significance to the grouping of the characters. Thor was connected to all the heavy hitters, Cap had soldiers and SHIELD agents (with the possible exception of Shang Chi - although I'm unsure of his history) and Iron Man had Cannonball and Sunspot both of whom Stark seemed to take under his wing in the early issues and Spidey who again seemed to interact with Stark alot in the early issues, the only exception is Wolverine but there's still some time for a connection between them to come up.

That leaves the missing spot for Thor's group and the three for Hawkeye. For the life of me I can't see any of the newest "members" fitting with Clint unless he takes it upon himself to train or educate them in Avenger/human culture. Same with Kl'rt and Ronan who seem sound guesses given their prominence in Infinity. Also in Hickman's FF wasn't it hinted that in the future the Kree and Skrull empires are mostly gone. Maybe their inclusion could be a precursor to telling the story of how that came about.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By cameron83

@klank: Well they appear in later solicits on the team.

klank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 I've only seen them post Infinity in the Avengers World artwork. Given what we've been told of the nature of that book then any of those characters could be supporting roles as opposed to actual members.

That being said I do believe Ex Nihilo and Abyss will be the top and bottom spots on the diagram representing life and death. If not them then it would have to be two really big characters...like in the Galactus ballpark to have such vaunted placements and with an extra ring. Either that or it is Kl'rt and Ronan who command at least a section of their race's army and that's why they are on the outside and have an extra ring.

Another possibility for me is Gladiator or another Imperial Guard member. We were shown in #1 that the Imperial Guard were "broken on the dead moon" it could mean we get a surviving or non incapacitated member joining Smasher on Earth. Another possibility I can think of is Abigail Brand, it seems Hickman likes using her and SWORD could easily get dismantled or start working closely with the Avengers to have her as a member.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I just get a feeling that its going to be aliens filling out the last two spots seems only appropriate with infinity that some aliens would be joining the team. If Sam makes the team I will be so disappointed in Marvel making him part of the main avengers team and sticking Rich with the secrent avengers and even then for only a few issues. Anyways I hope they consider Miles being in the team seeing that he's coming to the 616 U very soon.

klank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By klank
    @humanrocket said:

I just get a feeling that its going to be aliens filling out the last two spots seems only appropriate with infinity that some aliens would be joining the team. If Sam makes the team I will be so disappointed in Marvel making him part of the main avengers team and sticking Rich with the secrent avengers and even then for only a few issues. Anyways I hope they consider Miles being in the team seeing that he's coming to the 616 U very soon.

I've read that Hickman wanted to use Sam in Avengers and it was unsubtly hinted he'd be joining the team in A v X but at the last minute Marvel changed their mind and he used a new Smasher instead. They actualy fill the same role as a new inexperienced hero that's part of a larger space faring police force.

I just thought that the solicits for #24 says they'll be getting a visitor from the future that might be a hint to a future member. Perhaps a long shot but hasn't it been hinted that ala All New X-Men they'll be running into a time displaced original roster. I doubt it but one or more of those could be a member. I honestly can't see Miles or even Miguel being members unless they're replacing Spider-Man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@klank: This was created for their adventures after Infinity. Starbrand, Nightmask, Ex Nihilo and Abyss are still on the team.

Avatar image for xtremewolverine
    XtremeWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think It will be two teams like maybe Imperial Guard, New Warriors, X-Men, Guardians, etc... That's what I believe.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GrenadeFlow

Black Panther would be cool since he hasn't been an Avenger for almost a decade besides the AvX nonsense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: He's part of the Illuminati. Tony's on both teams but he's not seen verry much on the Avengers team. I think each character should just be on one team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.