Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers: The Children's Crusade - When does this arc take place?

MrFantastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By MrFantastic

I've been reading  Avengers: The Children's Crusade and I have been struggling as to where this fits in on the Marvel™ time line.  It is after the Decimation, but is it before the Civil War?  Cap is in his classic uniform and he and Tony Stark are kinda short with each other. Does anyone have any better way to mark it  on the timeline?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By danhimself
    @MrFantastic said:
    " I've been reading  Avengers: The Children's Crusade and I have been struggling as to where this fits in on the Marvel™ time line.  It is after the Decimation, but is it before the Civil War?  Cap is in his classic uniform and he and Tony Stark are kinda short with each other. Does anyone have any better way to mark it  on the timeline? "
    I really have no idea...Iron Man seems to be in his Extremis armor and Steve is in his Captain America uniform yet Magneto is with the X-men and just last issue they talked about Wonder Man appearing in Avengers #2
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

No Caption Provided
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

@Morpheus_ said:

"

"

Yes... well I was seemingly about to answer this question but it seems that someone else had a better answer D: 

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

My theory is its after Dark Reign but just before the Heroic Age.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator

This book will probably become the gold standard in Quality VS Continuity. Its meant to be in current, and present day continuity, as you read it, it roughly happens, its set up the way to aid the quality of the story material, the 'quality' being the emphasis, continuity being a distant concern, after a few other things. If the lack of consistent continuity affects you so much, that the quality of the product can't sway you, and isn't worth it, then you can place the story where ever you want in continuity, since it won't make sense anymore today, as it would prior to Secret Wars 1 and after the third Avengers Sequel. (sorta) 

Maybe just pretend all the characters are drunk all the time, and prone to wearing their wrong outfits cause thats what drunks do. Oh, except for Tony, imagine him sober, but confused, because he is sober. Comics shouldn't  be a struggle though man, sounds kinda dangerous, a struggle, that should be a struggle. Like you know, wrestling a Sea Bear or a Grizzly Ox.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp
    @SC:
    LOL, you make me laugh so hard.
    MrFantastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By MrFantastic

I'm also a little bent out of shape that it is bi-monthly and 8 issues do that it will take a year and a quarter to finish a story that looks like it is two weeks long...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.