Avengers teams unbalanced?

#1 Posted by Kraven (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or are the Avengers teams too unbalanced in terms of power variety?

New Avengers consists of mostly hand-to-hand fighters: Iron Fist, Wovlerine, Echo, Ronin... It's cool to have one really good martial artist on your team but do they need this many?

Then there's Mighty Avengers, a team that basically consists of people who can fly and have super strength.

Is this good or bad for each of the titles?

#2 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

bad

#3 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

There should be more diversity in the groups.

#4 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven says:

"Is it just me or are the Avengers teams too unbalanced in terms of power variety? New Avengers consists of mostly hand-to-hand fighters: Iron Fist, Wovlerine, Echo, Ronin... It's cool to have one really good martial artist on your team but do they need this many? Then there's Mighty Avengers, a team that basically consists of people who can fly and have super strength. Is this good or bad for each of the titles?"

I think it was done on purpose. The New Avengers seem to be more like a street version. Someone to take on the darker side of things. That's what Cage wanted the Avergers to address when Cap asked him to join. But they still have the power to take on some heavyweights, I just wouldn't see them taking on the cosmic types.

#5 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, without Dr. Strange the Secret Avengers would basically be a bunch of brawlers, they rely on him a lot, I was scared when he got stabbed on their mission, the New Avengers would fall apart without him.

#6 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Kraven says:
"Is it just me or are the Avengers teams too unbalanced in terms of power variety? New Avengers consists of mostly hand-to-hand fighters: Iron Fist, Wovlerine, Echo, Ronin... It's cool to have one really good martial artist on your team but do they need this many? Then there's Mighty Avengers, a team that basically consists of people who can fly and have super strength. Is this good or bad for each of the titles?"
I think it was done on purpose. The New Avengers seem to be more like a street version. Someone to take on the darker side of things. That's what Cage wanted the Avergers to address when Cap asked him to join. But they still have the power to take on some heavyweights, I just wouldn't see them taking on the cosmic types. "

i agree... i dont see a problem in it... they are the street level super group and thats where they fight... i guess they are the working class hero where mighty avengers are the rich?

#7 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I just got up to dat with the mighty avenger and I musst say it really seems to be and intention on the type of teams they both are. I mean look at what the new avengers have done since the war ended. basically alot of detective work and hand to hand combat.

the mighty avengers saved the world from ultron! so 2 really different teams in what they do and how they are lead. despite the new avenger lacking powerhouses they are IMO the better more well rounded team Spiderman is a solid think tank, plus brings his unusally powers and fighting abality. Wolverine cant die! and can track anyone. the fist echo and ronnin are all kinda of the same, but its good to know that they have a marksmen if they need it (hawkeye) Strange really makes the team a threat and force to be reckon with. Cage.....i dont know about cage.. I like him just fine but I kinda cant get a grip on him as a leader. With him at the helm they seem like a gang in terms o goals and objectives. it has made for a good story so I will still read the book but its odd.

#8 Posted by Blue Lantern 2814 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"I don't see the teams as unbalanced.Even though the mighty Avengers have The Sentry,Wonder Man,Ares & Ms.Marvel."

Then you're blind. They're unbalanced, but as someone else has already stated, I believe it to be intentional.

#9 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

So Strange left... great (a touch of sarcasm). What are the New Avengers going to do now? If the teams weren't unbalanced before they certainly are now. I simply cannot see the New Avengers tackling anything beyond a group of street level villains with their current roster, let alone a skrull invasion and the registration act.

#10 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup. Too many street-fighters on the New Avengers, too many powerhouses on Mighty Avengers. And with Strange gone, the New Avengers are downright pathetic.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#12 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Where did Strange go?

#13 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently his use of dark magic lately has made him unworthy of being Sorcerer Supreme or something and he left to go meditate. At least that's my understanding.

#14 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven says:

"Is it just me or are the Avengers teams too unbalanced in terms of power variety?New Avengers consists of mostly hand-to-hand fighters: Iron Fist, Wovlerine, Echo, Ronin... It's cool to have one really good martial artist on your team but do they need this many?Then there's Mighty Avengers, a team that basically consists of people who can fly and have super strength.Is this good or bad for each of the titles?"

Might was kind of better. But you are right it did consist mostly of strength. But if you look at it closely in marvel the thread they face you would usually need it ultron, thanos, galactus,godzilla. So the avengers did kind of match there threats.

#15 Posted by The Boss (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Man where is Kraven......haven't seen him in a long while.

#16 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio

If they're capable of getting the job done, it's all good. They're called "Earth's mightiest heroes" for a reason.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.