AVENGERS TEAM MIRRORING JLA

#1 Posted by doctor_bong_crosby (98 posts) - - Show Bio

How would you like an Avengers team which would mirror Grant Morrison´s "Big Seven" JLA team...?

Hyperion instead of Superman. The Black Panther instead of Batman. Hyppolita instead of Wonder Woman, the Vision instead of Martian Manhunter, the Sub-Mariner instead of Aquaman, Makkari instead of the Flash and Quasar instead of Green Lantern.

#2 Edited by Oscars94 (2326 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally would not like it. Marvel's style is more like"different shapes and sizes". You have large characters like Hulk and Thing and you don't see bulky characters in the Justice League.

#3 Posted by Spawn92 (284 posts) - - Show Bio

How would you like an Avengers team which would mirror Grant Morrison´s "Big Seven" JLA team...?

Hyperion instead of Superman. The Black Panther instead of Batman. Hyppolita instead of Wonder Woman, the Vision instead of Martian Manhunter, the Sub-Mariner instead of Aquaman, Makkari instead of the Flash and Quasar instead of Green Lantern.

This is pretty much the way I see it too. I think I would replace Makkari with Quicksilver though.

#4 Edited by New_World_Order (12520 posts) - - Show Bio

@spawn92:

Agreed with above instead I would put Brunilide instead of Hipolitya.

#5 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

@spawn92 said:
@doctor_bong_crosby said:

This is pretty much the way I see it too. I think I would replace Makkari with Quicksilver though.

Why would you replace Makkari with someone slower?

#6 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyppolita seems a little too on the nose. How about Thena instead? Lets u compensate for Vision not being a telepath.

#7 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion basically is Superman, so that's a no-brainer..

Black Panther is the only character really close to Batman.

I would put Valkyrie in place of Wonder Woman.

Namor in place of his biggest fan, Aquaman..

Invisible Woman is probably the closest to a Green Lantern, power-wise, but if you wanted to play up the every-man space-cop angle, I think Smasher could fit.

Quicksilver is the obvious Flash analogue, I guess. Makkari is probably a better choice though.

The things about the Martian Man-hunter that really make him distinct among the 'League are that he's a telepathic alien shape-shifter. I don't know why people compare him to the Vision, who is none of those things and already has a Justice League analogue in Red Tornado (who sucks! he stinks on ice! I don't know why I hate Red Tornado as much as I do, and I hate to be so negative, but every time I see him in a comic it makes me want to throw it away)

.. anyway, my point is that I don't think that the Martian Man-hunter has a marvel analogue. Maybe a Super-Skrull? Mr.Sinister is a telepathic shape-shifter, I guess. Or Monet from X-factor? She's super-tough/strong, can fly, and is telepathic (which in itself can do half of what shape-shifting can do).. In general, I think a Super Skrull would probably be the closest fit, though..

#8 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind reading that, though I'd replace Makkari with Quicksilver, Quasar with Nova, and Hippolyta with Ms. Marvel.

So:

Superman (Hyperion)

Batman (Black Panther)

Wonder Woman (Ms. Marvel)

The Flash (Quicksilver)

Green Lantern (Nova)

Aquaman (Namor)

Martian Manhunter (Vision)

And maybe just throw in Cap because why not ;)

#9 Edited by w0nd (2879 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosismad said:

@spawn92 said:
@doctor_bong_crosby said:

Why would you replace Makkari with someone slower?

Because that leaves room for flaws.

When i see someone who can literally steal speed from someone, being hit by one of his rouges, EVER I question how that can happen. (in flash' case)

Quicksilver is reasonably fast

#10 Edited by JROCK72 (411 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry as Superman

Black Panther as Batman

Jessica Jones as Wonder Woman

Quicksilver as Flash

Nova as Green Lantern

Hulkling as Martian Manhunter

Namor as Aquaman

#11 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock72 said:

Sentry as Superman

Black Panther as Batman

Jessica Jones as Wonder Woman

Quicksilver as Flash

Nova as Green Lantern

Hulkling as Martian Manhunter

Namor as Aquaman

ooh, good call!

#12 Edited by TheMGR (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion/Superman

Black Panther/Batman

Ms Marvel/Wonder Woman

Quicksilver/Flash

Silver Surfer/Green Lantern (Silver Surfer is only one on Green Lanterns power even though not Avenger)

Hulkling/Martian Manhunter

Namor/Aquaman

#13 Posted by JROCK72 (411 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been wanting to post a list about this, but with the issues happening with them, I haven't been able to. So here is a sneak peek at the Satellite Era team.

Sentry/Superman

Black Panther/ Batman

Jessica Jones/ Wonder Woman

Quicksilver/Flash

Nova/ Hal Jordan

Hulkling/Martian Manhunter

Namor/Aquaman

Hawkeye/ Green Arrow

Hank Pym/Ray Palmer

Angel/Hawkman

Siryn/Black Canary

One Above All/Phantom Stranger

Mr. Fantastic/Elongated Man

Texas Twister/Red Tornado

Penny Newsom/Hawkgirl

Layla Miller/Zatanna

Hellstorm/Firestrom

#14 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

For me I'm trying to think of analogues that aren't just about power but also incorporate personality to a reasonable extent.

Hyperion/Superman = The newest version of Hyperion really fits the mould as a 'better than thou' Superhero and it's handy that his powerset is a near replica as well.

Moon Knight/Batman = Wealthy normals that try to make the world a better place but equally have this obsession with vengeance.

Valkryie/Wonder Woman = Warrior Women from mythological cultures that slowly learn the ways of man?

Quasar/Green Lantern = Both empowered as protectors of the universe and both deal with constructs. Both have a sense of nobility too I guess.

Makkari/The Flash = Much more of the every man hero than Quicksilver and also significant faster with a penchant for Red, I think Makkari is a more appropriate analogue.

Namor/Aquaman = Could it really be anyone else?

Crusader/Martian Manhunter - Alien Shapeshifter who develops a great affinity for the planet Earth. Sure he's not a Telepath, but he fits the other areas spot on.

______________________________-

Just for fun, here are some more analogues

Captain Britain/Captain Marvel (Shazam)
Ms. Marvel/Power Girl
Hawkeye/Green Arrow
Jessica Jones/Black Canary
Scarlet Witch/Zatanna
Hank Pym/Ray Palmer
Meggan/Vixen
Vision/Red Tornado
Captain America/Captain Atom (Pre-N52)
Ghost Rider/Zauriel
Blue Marvel/Black Lightning

#15 Posted by TheMGR (194 posts) - - Show Bio

I just remembered that morph is a latent telepath and a shapeshifter he'd be a perfect MMH

#16 Posted by youmessinwithme (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

i like that it's not a direct rip off.....

Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers) fills in superman's role almost perfectly.(or more than fills in for GL) or Blue Marvel for the same position

Thor more than makes up for Wonder Woman(since neither Hippolyta or Valkyrie could or sif)

I like the idea of Namor :P or maybe Namorita

but Vision could not fill john's shoes, toss in doctor strange :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.