Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7701 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers separate from X-men?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

Poll Avengers separate from X-men? (29 votes)

I like that all of the 616 Marvel characters exist in the same world, enabling the potential for any of them to interact. 62%
    I would prefer if the X-men were in their own separate world, and would be more likely to read an Avengers or X-men book in which they were. 28%
    I like that they live in the same world, but I would read an Avengers or X-men book in which they didn't. 10%

It seems there are some Avengers and/or X-men fans that think the two teams would be better served by existing in separate universes, that the X-men and their related characters should exist in one reality, and the rest(?) of the MU characters should exist in another.

Though I personally disagree with this sentiment, and enjoy the diversity of stories that can be told because of the shared universe, I could see myself enjoying an Avengers comic just as much if it wasn't set in a world with X-men or vise versa (since, for most of them, it doesn't really matter anyway).

Since both the Avengers and the X-men are both in several monthly series, I wonder if maybe they could try having one Avengers book and one X-men book each set in their own independent world, thus establishing three distinct versions of the MU in which to set stories. Would this be an idea that would interest you guys, or does the idea sound redundant?

Also, if there were separate versions of the Avengers and the X-men, how do you imagine they would be different from the versions that already exist in the shared universe?

• 
    kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They need to be together

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Separate, I much prefer the X-Men in alt universe storys because that usually leaves the Avengers and all that out of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The X-Men have been part of 616 for 50 years. I don't think you can change it now.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@xwraith said:

The X-Men have been part of 616 for 50 years. I don't think you can change it now.

I agree that breaking up the established (awesome) history of the 616 seems a colossal waste, that's why I was thinking having two books set in their own universes, outside of the 616, would be the way to go.

Based on the limited results of these polls, it seems like 32% of Avengers fans and 31% of X-men fans think the two would be better served in their own universes. That makes me think it might be worth taking one of the many Avengers books and one of the many X-men books and re-purposing them into this sort of idea. Especially given that another 16% of Avengers fans and 26% said they would also give such books a chance.

I know that these are extremely limited stats, but that almost half of the Avengers fans and more than half of the X-men fans say they would give such books a chance makes me think it could be a way to satisfy all of the fans.

Don't get me wrong, I personally agree that the shared 616 universe is the best way to go, and I'd hate to see that ever go away. But if having two new ways to look at and tell stories with the characters would satisfy what some fans want to see anyway, it seems like it could be at least worth a try.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

just hate when people like wolverine has to hog the spotlight.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like that they interact, and I think that separating them would be a great disservice to both Marvel fans and the company itself. Just my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.