Avengers Roster

#1 Posted by vicioushero (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would you pick to be on the Avengers?

#2 Posted by DustinFun1704 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a fan of the current roster. Though I do miss Vision.

#3 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@DustinFun1704: He's on the current roster :S

#4 Posted by DustinFun1704 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? I haven't read it in about 6 months. The last I saw of him was in the Avengers Dissembled. I could be wrong though.

#5 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Skaar joins now that he has been shown as an under cover spy or something for Steve Rogers

#6 Edited by The Stegman (24480 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America 
 
Thor 
 
Iron Man 
 
Dr.Strange 
 
Mr.Fantastic 
 
Psylocke 
 
Spider-Man 
 
Magneto

#7 Posted by War Killer (20220 posts) - - Show Bio

These guys (and gals) would be my pick -------> My Avengers

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers- Main team

  • Captain America (Leader)
  • Iron Man
  • Thor
  • Vision
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Hank Pym
  • She-Hulk

Secret Avengers- Black Ops team

  • Bucky Barnes (Leader)
  • Black Widow
  • Falcon
  • Hawkeye
  • Eric O'Grady
  • War Machine
  • Spider-Woman
  • Black Panther

Reserve Members (only called if their expertise is needed, or threat is an emergency)- M= main S= secret B= both

  • Hercules M
  • Beast B
  • Tigra S
  • Mockingbird S
  • Thing M
  • Moon Knight S
  • Spider-Man M
  • Firestar M
  • Justice M
  • Luke Cage M
  • Wolverine B
  • Dr. Strange M
  • Noh-Varr M
  • Daredevil S
  • Storm M
  • Flash Thomson (Venom) S
#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
@DustinFun1704 said:

Really? I haven't read it in about 6 months. The last I saw of him was in the Avengers Dissembled. I could be wrong though.

He was rebuilt in Young Avengers by Iron Lad aka Kang the Conqueror.He's been around since then.
Moderator
#10 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@DustinFun1704 said:

Really? I haven't read it in about 6 months. The last I saw of him was in the Avengers Dissembled. I could be wrong though.

He was rebuilt in Young Avengers by Iron Lad aka Kang the Conqueror.He's been around since then.

That's a different/new Vision though. Tony Stark unveiled a rebuilt original Vision in Avengers #20 or 21. Apparently he was working on fixing him for ages but didn't let on to anyone just in case he couldn't do it. The Young Avengers-built Vision is based on Iron Lad's brain patterns I think. It's just a bad case of double Vision! (cue tumbleweeds..... somebody had to say it!)

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
Main Avengers 
1.Captain America-Leader 
2.Iron Man-Technology 
3.Thor-God 
4.Dr.Strange-Magic 
5.Hawkeye-Marksmanship 
6.Quicksilver-Speedster 
7.Giant-Man-General Science
8.Iron Fist-Martial Arts 
9.She-Hulk-Powerhouse 
10.Ms.Marvel-Second Command 
 
Secret Avengers 
1.Winter Soldier-Leader 
2.Black Widow-Espionage\Tactical 
3.Spider-Woman-Manipulation 
4.Daredevil-Tracking 
5.Falcon-Air Support 
6.Spinner-Speedster 
7.Cloak-Transport
8.Misty Knight-Second Command 
9.Beast-General Science
10.War Machine-Powerhouse 
 
New Avengers  
1.Justice-Leader 
2.Storm-Elemental 
3.Skaar-Powerhouse 
4.Scarlet Witch-Magic 
5.Black Knight-Swordsmanship 
6.Pulsar\M.Rambeau-Second Command 
7.Moon Knight-Resources 
8.Spider-Man-General Science 
9.Luke Cage-Back-Up Powerhouse 
10.Jewel-Package Deal with Cage
Moderator
#12 Posted by Acestar101 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

main

Captain America

Iron Man

Thor

Hawkeye

Dr Strange

Vision

Iron Fist

Red Hulk

Ms Marvel

Spider Woman

#13 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America Iron Man Thor Hulk Wasp Hank Pym Hawkeye Black Panther Quicksilver Ms.Marvel Beast Spider Woman Vision Black Knight So go back to the 1990s

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13201 posts) - - Show Bio

I've already created a blog about this as have many other users. Please do not create duplicate threads

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
I've already created a blog about this as have many other users. Please do not create duplicate threads
Mind posting a link?
Moderator
#16 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13201 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Vance Asto : Here you go my good man. http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/avenging_x_bolt/avengers-organise/87-63189/

#17 Posted by vicioushero (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I've already created a blog about this as have many other users. Please do not create duplicate threads

Sorry I didn't check the blogs, but I checked the forums and didn't see one on this subject.

#18 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America

Iron Man

Thor

Spider-Man

Wolverine

Ms. Marvel

Dr. Strange

Hawkeye

Iron Fist

Hulk

Psylocke

Quicksilver

I think its self explanatory to be honest, once you put some thought into it.

#19 Posted by TheCannon (18800 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

Iron Man (leader)

Captain America

Spider-man

Vision

Wasp

Hawkeye

Luke Cage

Iron Fist

#20 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

New Avengers 1.Justice-Leader 2.Storm-Elemental 3.Skaar-Powerhouse 4.Scarlet Witch-Magic 5.Black Knight-Swordsmanship 6.Pulsar\M.Rambeau-Second Command 7.Moon Knight-Resources 8.Spider-Man-General Science 9.Luke Cage-Back-Up Powerhouse 10.Jewel-Package Deal with Cage

Oh, I like this team. Looks like an ideal team to have on the West Coast.

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

@Vance Astro said:

New Avengers 1.Justice-Leader 2.Storm-Elemental 3.Skaar-Powerhouse 4.Scarlet Witch-Magic 5.Black Knight-Swordsmanship 6.Pulsar\M.Rambeau-Second Command 7.Moon Knight-Resources 8.Spider-Man-General Science 9.Luke Cage-Back-Up Powerhouse 10.Jewel-Package Deal with Cage

Oh, I like this team. Looks like an ideal team to have on the West Coast.

I would love for them to bring back the Mighty and West Coast Avengers...the Secret and New Avengers don't work for me.As far as the name.
Moderator
#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: The Secret Avengers are cool with me, but I wouldn't argue for a name-change. The New Avengers... They should either not exist, or just call themselves the Defenders. They're not an Avengers team as far as I'm concerned.

#23 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33484 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

 
Secret Avengers 
1.Winter Soldier-Leader 
2.Black Widow-Espionage\Tactical 
3.Spider-Woman-Manipulation 
4.Daredevil-Tracking 
5.Falcon-Air Support 
6.Spinner-Speedster 
7.Cloak-Transport
8.Misty Knight-Second Command 
9.Beast-General Science
10.War Machine-Powerhouse 
 
New Avengers   
 1.Justice-Leader  
 2.Storm-Elemental  
 3.Skaar-Powerhouse  
 4.Scarlet Witch-Magic 
  5.Black Knight-Swordsmanship  
 6.Pulsar\M.Rambeau-Second Command  
 7.Moon Knight-Resources  
 8.Spider-Man-General Science  
 9.Luke Cage-Back-Up Powerhouse  
 10.Jewel-Package Deal with Cage
Love these to rosters 
#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

@Vance Astro: The Secret Avengers are cool with me, but I wouldn't argue for a name-change. The New Avengers... They should either not exist, or just call themselves the Defenders. They're not an Avengers team as far as I'm concerned.

The only reason I don't like the team is because the team doesn't fit the name.At least with West Coast and Mighty Avengers the name doesn't really mean anything.There's no reason to have a "New" Avengers because they aren't new anymore and the Secret Avengers are full of members that aren't really ideal for espionage. 
 
 
@spiderbat87 said:
Love these to rosters 
Thanks.
Moderator
#25 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@Vance Astro: The Secret Avengers are cool with me, but I wouldn't argue for a name-change. The New Avengers... They should either not exist, or just call themselves the Defenders. They're not an Avengers team as far as I'm concerned.

The only reason I don't like the team is because the team doesn't fit the name.At least with West Coast and Mighty Avengers the name doesn't really mean anything.There's no reason to have a "New" Avengers because they aren't new anymore and the Secret Avengers are full of members that aren't really ideal for espionage.

Like Human Torch and Valkyrie? lol

#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

Like Human Torch and Valkyrie? lol

And Captain Britain. 
 
@X35 said:

Avengers

Captain America, Giant-Man, Ms. Marvel, Quicksilver, Hercules, She-Hulk, and Namor

New Avengers

Justice

,
Firestar
,
Speedball
,
3-D Man
,
Ultragirl
,
Jack Flag
, and
Darkhawk

Secret Avengers

Black Widow, Winter Soldier, War Machine, Spider-Woman, Mockingbird, Venom, and Machine Man
Very nice choices.I would love to see Machine Man in mainstream comics again,I don't know how I feel about Namor being on the main Avengers though.
Moderator
#28 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Machine Man is currently Red Hulk's sidekick in Hulk. ;)

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

@Vance Astro: Machine Man is currently Red Hulk's sidekick in Hulk. ;)

It would be better if he wasn't playing the background so much.You never know with the Avengers though he could get more recognition like Noh-Varr or he could end up like Echo.Doing absolutely nothing for several issues,missing for a few years and then coming back in an unrelated title to be killed by a sh#tty villain.
Moderator
#30 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: The redesign of Machine man (circa NextWave/Marvel Zombies 3) is so awesome, if Marvel were smart enough they could've made him into a much bigger character. who wouldn't want to read about an awesome superhero robot who drinks beer and hates humans?

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

@Vance Astro: The redesign of Machine man (circa NextWave/Marvel Zombies 3) is so awesome, if Marvel were smart enough they could've made him into a much bigger character. who wouldn't want to read about an awesome superhero robot who drinks beer and hates humans?

I don't know but he was AWESOME in Nextwave.
Moderator
#32 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: People love human-hating drunkard robots.

#33 Edited by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@Vance Astro said:

New Avengers 1.Justice-Leader 2.Storm-Elemental 3.Skaar-Powerhouse 4.Scarlet Witch-Magic 5.Black Knight-Swordsmanship 6.Pulsar\M.Rambeau-Second Command 7.Moon Knight-Resources 8.Spider-Man-General Science 9.Luke Cage-Back-Up Powerhouse 10.Jewel-Package Deal with Cage

Oh, I like this team. Looks like an ideal team to have on the West Coast.

I would love for them to bring back the Mighty and West Coast Avengers...the Secret and New Avengers don't work for me.As far as the name.

I would have to agree. New basically needs a name change.

New Change the name to Mighty focus on the US.

Avengers, keep the name go more international both on roster and focus. Also needs some bigger guns. Rulk horrible fit. Hawkeye in too many books but okay. SW and Quake better fits on Secret.

Secret Avengers: The problem is the roster. Prince of Orphans, War Machine and Shang-chi all make more sense then most of Rick's New Characters. Black Widow (Y), Valkyrie (Military, but not stealth so maybe), Hawkeye (has some exp but not in his personality), Beast (whines about x-force, no exp, no), Pym (the same running a school), Venom (little exp but could fit although symbiote could cause him to go rogue), and Cap B (no his teleport is nice but he is horrible fit want a brit Blade or Union Jack). Human Torch has the military background but he is on fire so horrible on a stealth team. Ideally this should be a SHEILD team filled with Agents, Ex Agents and Other Military Types. I prefer more international members since a lot of globe trotting occurs but not a necessity. Maybe some team ups though go to Middle East run into Sabra or Arabian knight, etc.

Avengers Academy, Fine. Maybe some more teachers.

Maybe a Young Avengers Book and/or a Cosmic Book.

Although New and Avengers stand to be shaken by AvX.

X35. Great Team. Might need more muscle certainly could more Rulk in. Also I think it needs a telepath. The one thing the Avengers always lack put a Secret Team has the greatest need.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.