Avengers passes 1 billion mark.

#1 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

And already has passed The Dark Knight.

..and it still has a few weeks longer in Theaters..

Avengers-

$1,002,082,000

Honestly I was never too sure that Avengers would have this much success... But I am really suprised. Great job.
#2 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Where do you get this info? As far as i know Avengers is currently at around 390 million...

#3 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein: wikipedia. really. just looked it up myself.

#4 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

Where do you get this info? As far as i know Avengers is currently at around 390 million...

Thats domestic.

International is what counts...

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

no movie could ever be 1 billion domestic (at least not until the currency inflates significantly more), Avengers already had over 390 million in total before it came out in the US

@BiteMe-Fanboy: and The Dark Knight still has more domestic then Avengers although that could change at this rate

#6 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Skunkstein said:

no movie could ever be 1 billion domestic (at least not until the currency inflates significantly more), Avengers already had over 390 million in total before it came out in the US

@BiteMe-Fanboy: and The Dark Knight still has more domestic then Avengers although that could change at this rate

Yeah I just saw that... I'm sure Avengers will be in theaters till at least early to mid June.. It def. has potential to pass that as well.. But who knows.

#7 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- With the success of The Avengers and the expected truckload of money coming from Dark Knight Rises we can expect to continue to see new comic properties brought to the big screen, and with budgets that will allow them to be made well (with the right creative team)

- The only upcoming adaptation in discussion that worries me is Guardians of the Galaxy, it seems very hard IMO do do right as a live action movie ( Pixar doing this would be awesome) and could be the first big budget failure due to many of the characters not being as popular as the ones done so far.

- There are still a lot of 2nd tier characters that could be good movies with a modest budget ($50-75 million) like Black Panther, Runaways, etc.

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12692 posts) - - Show Bio
@WarMachineMarkV said:

- With the success of The Avengers and the expected truckload of money coming from Dark Knight Rises we can expect to continue to see new comic properties brought to the big screen, and with budgets that will allow them to be made well (with the right creative team)

I am counting on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time I am 50 I want every hero from Marvel and DC to have  a trilogy of movies.......and a reboot trilogy of all those movies
#9 Posted by War Killer (20125 posts) - - Show Bio

Not surprised, the movie was amazing.

#10 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

I am counting on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the time I am 50 I want every hero from Marvel and DC to have a trilogy of movies.......and a reboot trilogy of all those movies

- Not everyone deserves a trilogy, much less there own movie, not every character is known enough to support one.

- I would rather see the focus remain on quality over quantity, Marvel has had some misses so far, but overall they are doing well and the quality is trending up.

#11 Posted by cattlebattle (12692 posts) - - Show Bio
@WarMachineMarkV said:

@cattlebattle said:

- Not everyone deserves a trilogy, much less there own movie, not every character is known enough to support one.

Of course..........I was being facetious
#12 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually it's on MSN and Yahoo right now!

#13 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent!

#14 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (412 posts) - - Show Bio

It's well deserved.

#15 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course it has! The movie is amazing!

#16 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

The Movie was Awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.