Avengers outrage

#1 Posted by FuriousWeasel (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone else find the outrage directed towards Wolverine in Uncanny Avengers a little bit over the top? Not only did he not personally kill the Apocalypse Clone but the majority of Avengers have killed in the past when they had too. The whole thing seemed very hypocritical to me.

#2 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@furiousweasel: I think it has to do with him killing a child that angers them compared to killing an adult.

#3 Edited by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe also being premeditated, an assassination. I'm not sure under what circumstances the other avengers have killed

#4 Edited by FuriousWeasel (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3 said:

Maybe also being premeditated, an assassination. I'm not sure under what circumstances the other avengers have killed

Many Avengers have outright killed enemies.

#5 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is finally getting called out.

#6 Edited by FuriousWeasel (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@soduh2 said:

Wolverine is finally getting called out.

About what? about being one of the few heroes that on occasion actually does what needs to be done.

#7 Posted by Maddpanda531 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

I know he was a bad guy and all, but Captain America flat out murdered the original Baron Zemo. He was pretty bloodthirsty about killing him, too, although it was vengeance for "killing" Bucky. But Cap's recent anger over Wolverine's revelation has more to do with what's going on in his solo book right now than anything else.

#8 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

It was out of character, but Avengers code is against killing.

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's extra mad because of his relationship with Ian.

#10 Edited by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

He is mad because in the story of Rick Remender right now Cap has some kind of a son and also Wolverine agreed on killing a child and that was why he was furious.

#11 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's extra mad because of his relationship with Ian.

I know, but it is still a little off.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.