Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers NOW! Trailer

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
    This video has an invalid file format.
    00:00:00
    Sorry, but you can't access this content!
    Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
    Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most popular characters. The most acclaimed creators. The most ambitious stories. This is the recharged Avengers NOW!

The Avengers are Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, but these Avengers are something new! Witness the Avengers like you’ve never seen them before as the industry’s top creators and brightest rising starts deliver can’t miss new ongoing series like Thor, All-New Captain America, Superior Iron Manand more.

Find these all-new ongoing series in comic shops, on the Marvel Comics app and on Marvel.com. To find a comic shop near you, visit www.comicshoplocator.com and visit Marvel.com for more info on Avengers NOW!

Pixel_Kaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Woah, hey there 90's! Where you been, buddy? We missed you!

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Funny just posted this. My question is Marvel changing its name to Avengers?

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Meaning...... watch how the movies dictate on the future of our comics

Billy_Cobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh. I'm already reading/planning to read most of these. And here I thought I was barely picking up any Marvel stuff. Still doesn't come close to my DC pull list, though.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Marvel is really doing a goob job with promotion and marketing. I mean how many comics publisher do marketing with legit video just to tease their events and future plans. Even DC don't tease Convergence with video while Secret Wars we got video

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@boynerdgeek: DC let's the stories speak for itself. They don't need to do these things.

Billy_Cobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Billy_Cobb

@boynerdgeek:

You say, "DC don't tease Convergence with video while Secret Wars we got video," so I don't think you've seen the videos that DC has made to inform fans about their exciting new event. I've linked them below for your enjoyment!

http://www.dccomics.com/videos/dc-all-access-ep-232-kevin-smith-reveals-exclusive-batman-66-clip-convergence-dcaa-232

http://www.dccomics.com/videos/dc-all-access-bonus-clip-dan-didio-reveals-full-scope-of-convergence

EDIT: it seems the links don't work to click on them, but they can be pasted into URLs.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Marvel comic trailers are so cheesy lol

@master_thief said:

Marvel is really doing a goob job with promotion and marketing. I mean how many comics publisher do marketing with legit video just to tease their events and future plans. Even DC don't tease Convergence with video while Secret Wars we got video

DC does make videos to promote their big events.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's some very good reasons for them to try and synch up their movie and comic universes as much as possible. The comic market is pretty stagnant, and readership really hasn't increased all that much since the 90's boom, so they absolutely need to try and bring in outsiders as much as possible.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movies predicted Thor getting replaced, Falcon becoming Cap, Iron Man turning villain-ish, Bucky becoming a space cop, ...?

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:
    @master_thief said:

The movies predicted Thor getting replaced, Falcon becoming Cap, Iron Man turning villain-ish, Bucky becoming a space cop, ...?

No but the movies did predict Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch not being mutants

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It was all going so well... then Squirrel Girl appeared.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

Cool beans

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@master_thief said:

Could be, maybe this is Marvel setting up plans for the future, replacing Thor (the lowest box office draw of all their franchises) being replaced by a female to make the films more marketable, and since Chris Evans may not return to the MCU at all, having another character to take up the mantle could give them another option. As for Superior Iron Man I think that's just an advertisement for Daredevil, who is now getting his own show. Bucky being a space cop could be ideas for future stories involving the character, since space is a big part of the MCU.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_cobb: The video promo for this is short (not too long) but yet very simple.

You don't have to look at kevin smith etc.

Sometimes, keep it simple video is very effective to attract people to buy your product

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's really happening with Marvel?

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's really happening with Marvel?

They're releasing new comics books?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_thief: do you know for a fact they're not mutants? I haven't seen that anywhere. When I wrote about the issue of AXIS, I mentioned the possibility of them being INHUMANS but they could still be mutants for all we know. So far.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#23  Edited By BatWatch

Woah, hey there 90's! Where you been, buddy? We missed you!

Ha! I was just thinking about how it reminded me of the post-Death of Superman era at DC when every hero was replaced by a younger version. It's like making a team out of Superboy and Steel, Azrael, Kyle Rayner and Orana...which come to think of it doesn't sound so bad.

Avatar image for dadarkknight36310
    dadarkknight36310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Cleary you are mainly a Marvel reader becasue if you were reading alot of Dc you would have seen all the market Dc put behind their books. Heck Marvel is borrowing from the way Dc advertise their comics. Do you not remember this awesome trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNqDibHj1ac

Also Dc advertised there comics in movie theaters as well as their animated videos.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Cool trailer I guess, though I do find it odd that they call this "Avengers NOW!" when half of the characters mentioned aren't even Avengers...

eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This video looks like it was done by the 90's WWE wresting hype guy lol

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By BigL

This trailer was so bad haha. Already reading most of these titles

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Superior Iron Man realy good? and hows the new Thor?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:
    @master_thief said:

Stop being so silly G_Man with your logic! Can't you see we're overreacting here?

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By Rainja

Yup. Great advertisement however that's Marvel. Too bad the quality of there comics have dropped. I just read an interview with Rick Remmender regarding The completion of AXIS and as expected it was the editors who screwed up AXIS. They stretched out/ altered what would have been a 5 issue great story that didn't need to be an event into a bunch of Garbage. Marvel you have great characters and great writers however, too much hands are in the pot now.Hence why all of your events and most of your stories have become garbage. You are strangling your self.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By karrob

@g_man said:
    @master_thief said:

exactly! Smh...More internet chatter over nothing.

Billy_Cobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: All I'm saying is that while you are very correct in your comment of Marvel doing a good job with video promotion, DC has their own video segment each week (DC All Access) to give fans a humorous, light, and fun way to learn about upcoming events without having to look for announcements specifically.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still a bit confused by this "Avengers NOW" thing. Is this supposed to be the next Avengers roster?

Billy_Cobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maddpanda531: They aren't all on one team, but many of them are new takes of preexisting characters, as well as new series for characters that have not led solo titles before or for a while. They started with "Marvel Now," had a second wave of "All-New Marvel Now," and are now (sorry to say now so much) doing "Avengers Now." It's really just a name for their newest wave of titles; they're not all one team.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Awesome trailer but no Dr. Strange yet, shame =(

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#37  Edited By 2cool4fun

Wait, how is Iron Man in still a part of the avengers, if he is considered evil by many heroes now.

Also I thought deathlok was a bad guy, guess not :/

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@g_man said:
    @master_thief said:

No but the movies did predict Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch not being mutants

That's just speculation.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@g_man said:

@master_thief said:

Could be, maybe this is Marvel setting up plans for the future, replacing Thor (the lowest box office draw of all their franchises) being replaced by a female to make the films more marketable, and since Chris Evans may not return to the MCU at all, having another character to take up the mantle could give them another option. As for Superior Iron Man I think that's just an advertisement for Daredevil, who is now getting his own show. Bucky being a space cop could be ideas for future stories involving the character, since space is a big part of the MCU.

That's actually not true, Thor and Thor: The Dark World have a combined gross of $1,094,109,758. That's more than Captain America's movies($1,084,653,346).

Is Daredevil a permanent part of that comic? Cause i think it's a little out there to say Marvel made an on-going comic just to promote a character that appeared a couple times in said comic.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More than half of those characters aren't even on the Avengers roster though.

Avatar image for lance2legit2quit
    Lance2legit2quit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lance2legit2quit

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@g_man said:

@master_thief said:

There is no way in hell their replacing Thor in the MCU. Even Kevin Feige and the writers have implied that they don't wanna use the character in the movies and besides the MCU doesn't that kind of controversy. Btw Thor is their second highest grossing franchise so what are you smoking? Marvel doesn't need a gimmick character to sell movie tickets. Besides She-Thor's outfit may look great on a comic page but it would look retarded in live action.

Avatar image for sweetisvengeance
    SweetisVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny just posted this. My question is Marvel changing its name to Avengers?

That is so true its not even funny. What happened to the good old days where avengers was 10 something people. Hulk, Dr.Strange, Valkyrie and Namor made up the Defenders. And ofcourse the Chris Claremonts X-men.

Now its avengers avengers every fucking hero is an avengers even the god dam inhuman queen!? NAMOR AN AVENGERS!?!?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.