Avengers movie How Good

• 0 results
#1 Posted by TrollHunter (148 posts) - - Show Bio

I only saw the clip where they say "well yea so what we have a hulk!" or something like it

So on a scale of one to ten how was it (please no other details or spoilers)

1 =AHHHHH! It's horrible (tears out own eyes)

2 =Ahhhhhhh It's really bad (tears out directors producers actors hearts)

3 =O my God i want a apology & my money back right now,( I'd recommend it to some one i don't like)

4 =Pretty bad not worth watching really (I'd bring a date to it so we could make out instead)

5 = Meh not bothered one way or the other ( it's probably better when drunk)

6 = one or two good bits, not that bad a C +

7 = a few good bits could be better, characters could of done with better actors

8 = That was a good film good casting good script I'd recommend it to a friend

9 = A modern classic, it brought the characters to life REALLY BRILLIANT (gotta go watch it again immediately)

10 = WOW!!!!!!! i mean WOW!! that was just WOW!! that movie changed me I mean it was WOW! (Mind Explodes)

#2 Posted by ___Living_Tribunal_22__ (388 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by NewKid (359 posts) - - Show Bio

9. just saw it, and i don't think they could have made it any better to be honest.

i would give it 10/10 on my scale. but it didn't change me, ha.

i have a lot more love for marvel characters because of it though, i normally stick to dc, but i've always loved hulk - and he was amazing in it.

brilliant.

can't see how marvel will top it now though!

#4 Posted by TheCannon (18304 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's good. I've been trying not to read spoilers, to make sure everything is a surprise.

#5 Posted by thatlad (594 posts) - - Show Bio

8/9 he did it, Joss Whedon did it. It's not a dark knight, thats a different type of movie. It is pretty damned good

#6 Posted by Greendevil (2028 posts) - - Show Bio
  • easily a 9
  • arguably a 10
  • Best comic book movie so far
#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio

7 for me

#8 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

No less than a 7 it's really well done. Different tone to dark knight but equally as enjoyable. It's a nice balance of comedy awesome charectisation and bad assery.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33019 posts) - - Show Bio
@Greendevil said:
  • easily a 9
  • arguably a 10
pretty much this
#10 Posted by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
@Greendevil said:
  • easily a 9
  • arguably a 10
pretty much this
Just curious as to why people hold this much movie in such high regard. I mean, it was a great, entertaining movie, but I definitely wouldn't put it at "the best comic movie" standard. I have seen better

I actually thought some of the movie was a bit corny
#11 Posted by nandizzle (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@spiderbat87 said:
@Greendevil said:
  • easily a 9
  • arguably a 10
pretty much this
Just curious as to why people hold this much movie in such high regard. I mean, it was a great, entertaining movie, but I definitely wouldn't put it at "the best comic movie" standard. I have seen better I actually thought some of the movie was a bit corny

I agree with you. A 10 is the dark knight a 9 is Batman Begins, 8.5 would be an Iron Man and a 7 would be Captain America and Thor, imo. I gave this a 6, a bit cheesy, and uninspired at times but very entertaining.

#12 Posted by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio
@nandizzle said:

@cattlebattle said:

@spiderbat87 said:
@Greendevil said:
  • easily a 9
  • arguably a 10
pretty much this
Just curious as to why people hold this much movie in such high regard. I mean, it was a great, entertaining movie, but I definitely wouldn't put it at "the best comic movie" standard. I have seen better I actually thought some of the movie was a bit corny

I agree with you. A 10 is the dark knight a 9 is Batman Begins, 8.5 would be an Iron Man and a 7 would be Captain America and Thor, imo. I gave this a 6, a bit cheesy, and uninspired at times but very entertaining.

Wow, I found someone that agrees, I'll admit every where I go people think of me as crazy because I didn't think this was the greatest movie ever. In the end it was a bunch of fan service, I don't even remember Thor even really getting developed at all, Hulk either for that matter
#13 Posted by Hysteria (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the movie any good? I'll let Daniel Bryan answer that (Wrestling reference)

#14 Posted by Greendevil (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@nandizzle said:

@cattlebattle said:

@spiderbat87 said:
@Greendevil said:
  • easily a 9
  • arguably a 10
pretty much this

The Batman movies where awesome. But in a different, darker way. Imo Avengers was much more entertaining. Having Stark, Banner, Rogers and Thor together was priceless for me. Loke was awesome. Imo this was 1-2 levels above Batman movies in every way......imo

#15 Posted by Personification (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hysteria said:

Yes ! Yes ! Yes !

#16 Posted by Hysteria (264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Personification said:

@Hysteria said:

Yes ! Yes ! Yes !

You got it man!

#17 Posted by Loki9876 (3004 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by FearTheLiving (2883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876 said:

Same for me liked it better then DK which I feel is overrated because it's an actual good dark Batman. Avengers had everything I was looking for in the movie. Plus the ending was amazing so much action going on with all the heroes was pure awesome. I liked Norton better as BB then Ruffalo, but he played the part well. Renner was an awesome Hawkeye. Just all around enjoyed it.

Just my opinion, people who dislike the Marvel movies probably won't like it cough* cattlebattle *cough.

#19 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@thatlad said:
8/9 he did it, Joss Whedon did it. It's not a dark knight, thats a different type of movie. It is pretty damned good
#20 Posted by nandizzle (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greendevil: Basically if you love mindless action movies ala Transformers 3 than you'll love the avengers. If you appreciate great storytelling, filmography, etc... you'll like the bat movies.

#21 Posted by Greendevil (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@nandizzle:

Basically you sound like a 14 year old fan boy.....Also, i haven't seen Transformers 3.

The movies are to different to be compared Imo. Tony Starks lines in the Avengers > Bruce Wayne making his voice darker

Both are great movies, i just think Avengers was better.

#22 Posted by nandizzle (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greendevil: Shut up you little hotard, only little fan boys can appreciate something as storyless as the Avengers.

#23 Edited by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

9 ..... would hv said 10.. but i dont think it changed me...lol...admitedly it doesnt hv the serious or tragic feel of TDK..... but its a lot of fun.... watched it 3 times .... will do so again when theres not so much rush....

and its overseas collection is already around $186 million.... and its yet to release in the us and some other countries.... so i think it has a very good chance of crossing the billion dollar mark

ps: i m a big dc fan....

#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

It was amazing, for that sort of film. In terms of a Marvel Studios movie, it's just about as good as you could possibly want.  

That said, it doesn't hold a candle to films like Batman Begins, the Dark Knight, Sin City or Watchmen. 

#25 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

That said, it doesn't hold a candle to films like Batman Begins, the Dark Knight, Sin City or Watchmen.

I think I'm starting to see a trend in your posts........that said, you obviously haven't seen it in 3-D, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

#26 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I think I'm starting to see a trend in your posts........that said, you obviously haven't seen it in 3-D, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

What's the trend, that those movies are better?  

And 3-D is for simpletons. 
#27 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

And you are, who, to say this?

#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

And you are, who, to say this?

Someone who actually understands the film medium.  

If you need a film to be visually assaulting you in order for it to hold your interest, it's either a bad movie, or you're an idiot. 
#29 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Because of what? You don't enjoy a visually appealing form of entertainment?

#30 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Because of what? You don't enjoy a visually appealing form of entertainment?

No, I do, I just think that if you're saying a movie that is only good because of its visuals is better than a well directed, well made film that gets by on story and intelligence, then you are wrong.  

The movies I listed were better films than Avengers. Whether they were more enjoyable is up to the viewer, but they were better films. 
#31 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

The movies I listed were better films than Avengers. Whether they were more enjoyable is up to the viewer, but they were better films.

That really depends on personal preference. Using that same rationale, it's like saying you're an idiot for choosing to read a comic book over a proper novel.

#32 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

That really depends on personal preference. Using that same rationale, it's like saying you're an idiot for choosing to read a comic book over a proper novel.

No it's not, because a novel can be just as terrible as a comic, and a comic can be just as great as a novel. They're an entirely different medium for one thing.   

By your "logic", you just compared film to radio. 
#33 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No it's not, because a novel can be just as terrible as a comic, and a comic can be just as great as a novel. They're an entirely different medium for one thing. By your "logic", you just compared film to radio.

They're not entirely different mediums......both comics and novels require you to read and make an interpretation for yourself, comics are just more blatant about what they're trying to convey because of the added bonus of artwork. So no, it's not like film and radio. What you stated on the other hand, was completely foolhardy. There isn't a standard criteria that everyone adheres to, in order to judge whether a film is better than another.

#34 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to write my feelings about the avengers movie in which i'm jealous of the avengers is getting more attention than the x-men.

#35 Posted by TheOriginalSurfer (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@nandizzle said:

@cattlebattle said:

@spiderbat87 said:
@Greendevil said:
  • easily a 9
  • arguably a 10
pretty much this

and yet i give it 10 because thats really what movies are about. entertainment first.

#36 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

9/10.

Its funny how people keep comparing TDK to The Avengers, well i guess i understand as they are now the two arguably best comic book movies out there.

TDK had a better story, better acting but every element except the fact that it was based of a comic book and had superheroes, was totally different than The Avengers.

If i needed to compare them based on the fact that they were superhero movies, then The Avengers take the win. It was way more entertaining, and i personally think that Nolans Batman films are overrated, i found the action boring which is a HUGE minus in a Batman film... the only enjoyable action scenes are when Batman is in some kind of vehicle... And oh my god that Batman voice and urgh Maggie Gyllanhaal, i hated her! Nolan is the worst at picking female actors... So it figures im not exactly hyped by the fact that he choose Anne Hathaway as Catwoman when he still havent proven to me he knows how to pick female actors. I liked Heath Ledgers joker but it says something about a movie when it could easily have been called ''The Clown Prince of Crime'' instead of ''The Dark Knight'', Batman was weak in this one... which for me severly takes the film back a few nots when i foremost came to see Batman.

Batman Begins was the Batman movie for me 8.5/10

The Dark Knight 7/10

The Avengers 9/10

And this is all ratings from the viewpoint of what they tried to be - a comic book movie. (TDK was diffently a better drama and thriller than Avengers)

#37 Posted by ComicStooge (12539 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a 9, for me personally.

#38 Posted by Greendevil (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@nandizzle said:

@Greendevil: Shut up you little hotard, only little fan boys can appreciate something as storyless as the Avengers.

#39 Posted by logy5000 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greendevil said:

• easily a 9
  • arguably a 10
#40 Posted by logy5000 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

@nandizzle said:

Idiot. Most of the world LOVED the avengers. Even people who hate comic books liked the avengers. Batman doesn't have much story to it. "I'm Batman. I'm widely considered to be the most overrated character in comic books. My story? Well, my parents died, so I beat up common bank robbers in a bat costume." The end.

#41 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

9, it was really great. Looking forward to watching it again on DVD.

#42 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Let's stray away from making this another flame war involving the two films.

#43 Posted by logy5000 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Oh no, another moderator.

#44 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Another? I don't know what that statement is supposed to mean but I'm only here to keep this thread from becoming another unnecessary flame war. If it continues down that path, I'll have no other option but to lock the thread which I'd rather not do.

#45 Posted by logy5000 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: It doesn't really mean anything. I don't expect it to become a flame war because the guy hasn't been on the Vine recently.

#46 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

#47 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Ok.

#48 Posted by Lvenger (19293 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I preferred it to TDKR. Yeah plot wise it doesn't compare to the first two Nolan films but there's so much more on offer in the Avengers. Plus Marvel took a risk creating a new cinematic universe and it's worked wonderfully. Without Superman or Batman, DC don't have a way of competing with Marvel film wise. Green Lantern sucked and that was their first non Superman or Batman comic book film.

#49 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

8-Personally i think its a little bit overrated. I mean, its good. Very good. Best Marvel comicbook film out. Beat my expectations, but its not as good as Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises

#50 Posted by TDK_1997 (14686 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't give it an accurate rating but maybe 9.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.