Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7693 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

AVENGERS MOVIE HIGHLIGHTS (spoilers)

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By feebadger

Alright, so i'm pretty much behind the rest of the world most of the time anyway, so, the fact that i've even seen the Avengers movie before 2056 is an astounding feat in itself. I'm assuming you've all seen it and, like me, you laughed, you cried and a little bit of geek wee leaked out at the best bits.

And what were the best bits, i hear you ask you impetuous fools!?! Well... Here goes;

1. THE SHIELD HELICARRIER TAKING OFF.

No Caption Provided

I mean, it’s always been such a far out idea to begin with but to see it come to life, you have to wonder what the brainstorming session for that one went like at SHIELD HQ;

“So, Nick, I’ve rented some offices downtown for us to start our new spy business in.”

“Hmm, well, office space coooould be the way to go, but seeing as how I’ve just been smoking this crack pipe for the last hour and have suddenly come into possession of a battleship and four freakin’ huge fans, do you think we can come up with something else?”

2. HARRY DEAN STANTON!

No Caption Provided

Harry Dean Fricken’ Stanton! You know the security guard that finds Bruce Banner after he’s Hulked down with no pants? Harry Dean Fricken’ Stanton! If you don’t know who he is, Harry is one of the finest character actors in independent film (though he nearly always plays Harry Dean Stanton and does a fantastic job of it too, I might add). He’s been in films such as Repo Man, Pretty In Pink, The Pledge, Wild At Heart, Escape From New York and, of course, Paris, Texas. I love this man and was absolutely THRILLED (and slightly bemused) to see his very human appearance turn up in the midst of such a monster film.

3. “That’s my secret, Cap. I’m always angry.”

No Caption Provided

Doesn’t make a lick of sense but DAMMIT if it didn’t sound COOL!

4. AGENT COULSON.

No Caption Provided

The secret weapon of The Avengers film and the set ups in all the preceding movies. A very gentle but affecting human touch. Stop with your flood of mutant titles Marvel and give Coulson his own series. I’d buy it, dead or not.

5. HAWKEYES’ AWESOME QUIVER

No Caption Provided

What happens when an archer and Ikea get together and down a couple of tequilas? Hawkeyes' quiver, that's what. Like a Lazy Susan for a Robin Hood Psycopath, the Hawkeye quiver provides all your eye piercing pleasures at once.

I want one, but instead of the rotating arrow heads and arrow shafts, I want twigs and rotating marshmallows of differing colours.

6. LOKI

No Caption Provided

He was great in Thor and he's brilliant in Avengers. Sure, he fades out toward the end of the film and becomes something of a comical, non threat, but I love the gleeful wickedness of this version.

Besides that, I have a MASSIVE man crush on Tom Hiddleston, so there.

7. CAPTAIN AMERICAS’ NEW DUDS.

No Caption Provided

Proving to the world that even the most buffed of heroes can look like an absolute dork in ill fitting head gear.

8. THE HULK

No Caption Provided

After two so-so movie trys it seems that the big screen has finally got it right.

Mark Ruffalo is a great Bruce, all nervous energy and smarts and the Hulk is a truly terrifying creature when he finally appears.

9. TONY STARKS BLACK SABBATH T-SHIRT.

No Caption Provided

Seems that the world must have fallen into peril on washing day for Tony, as for the majority of the film (Iron Suit not counted) Stark seems to live in this Black Sabbath T-Shirt.

Love how they still manage to cram in the AC/DC and Black Sabbath ‘Iron Man’ references, even with so much else going on.

10. JOSS WHEDON

No Caption Provided

I have always loved Joss’ work but I admit that I had major doubts that he could pull off such a MASSIVE project. I have to admit though, that even though it is admittedly a flawed film, I don’t think I’ve ever had such a mind numbing, blast at the movies since True Romance first came out (yes, I’m THAT old). A fun, engaging script, a good handle on the characters (except possibly Thor who didn’t really seem to have much to do at certain points in the story) and an epic scope… well done, Mr Whedon. I salute you.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

Aside from being in dozens of films and a great character actor, I thought Stanton was in the film due to his role in "Alien" which is one of Joss's favorite films

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By feebadger

@cattlebattle said:

Aside from being in dozens of films and a great character actor, I thought Stanton was in the film due to his role in "Alien" which is one of Joss's favorite films

I never knew that, Cattlebattle. That would definitely explain his presence in the film then. Revisited Alien again recently and MAN is it still a brilliant movie. Can't wait for Prometheus to come out.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle
    @feebadger said:

@cattlebattle said:

I never knew that, Cattlebattle. That would definitely explain his presence in the film then. Revisited Alien again recently and MAN is it still a brilliant movie. Can't wait for Prometheus to come out.

Prometheus looks gravy....I cannot wait

Alien is brilliant, too bad they could never recreate it with the sequels, even the one Joss Whedon wrote was absolutely terrible
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By Hawkeye446

@feebadger: BOSSE ;)

I didn't have to wait long! :D This was great, I agree!

Especially that bit near the end about the characters being apparent, all but Thor. SO true.

Prometheus looks mind-curdlingly pretty. I shan't wait!

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Kurrent

Did any notice what looked like AIM soldiers in the CNN like news cast at the end of the movie. ALSO when Tony and Pepper are working on the hologram for Avengers tower you can see a Quinjet like aircraft hologram within it.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Kurrent said:

Did any notice what looked like AIM soldiers in the CNN like news cast at the end of the movie. ALSO when Tony and Pepper are working on the hologram for Avengers tower you can see a Quinjet like aircraft hologram within it.

Crap...I've seen the movie FOUR times already and yet never noticed this. <_< Where were they though, all I noticed on the news feeds were fans either bashing or praising the Avengers.

Yeah! I thought that was awesome, love that they jumped straight to Tony redesigning the tower into Avengers Tower! ^_^
    NyxEquitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NyxEquitis

Number 4 should be Number 1. Just saying.

It's kind of funny; when they were first on the Helicarrier(before it took off) I was like:" Man, why isn't it flying!?" You can imagine my gleeful reaction when the fans rose out of the water. (which, actually gave me chills as well, that was a very cool part)

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By feebadger

@NyxEquitis said:

Number 4 should be Number 1. Just saying.

It's kind of funny; when they were first on the Helicarrier(before it took off) I was like:" Man, why isn't it flying!?" You can imagine my gleeful reaction when the fans rose out of the water. (which, actually gave me chills as well, that was a very cool part)

Oh, the list definitely wasn't necessarily in order, i just had the helicarrier at number one because it was the first moment in the movie where i really felt that geek rush of 'oh my god, this is going to be brilliant! I had the exact same response that you did when they were first on it. I just thought that it was the usual movie making sort of them where they don't consider really important (and really cool) details to be important and that fans won't notice. How wrong could i be!?! When it rose out of the water you just sort of knew that everything was going to be alright with the movie.

NyxEquitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NyxEquitis

@feebadger: Alright, that was more Coulson Fanboy in me speaking than anything else.

Yeah, honestly it was a brilliant execution; instead of just throwing a flying aircraft carrier at you like it was a normal occurrence, they brought it along like that to really make it significant. Definitely impactful.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.