Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers Movie

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zero edge

Rumors of an Avengers movie is surfacing now that DC plans to make their JLA movie.

http://www.efavata.com/CBM/Hulk2.htm

"Hints of an "Avengers" movie, the Marvel Comics equivalent of the Justice League, may be closer than you think with the upcoming "Hulk" reinvention with Edward Norton. According to a scooper for AICN, a scene was shot for Universal's "The Incredible Hulk" featuring General Thunderbolt (William Hurt) having a meeting with the "Iron Man" himself Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.). This comes on top of Paramount's "Iron Man" featuring a cameo by Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). That film opens May 2nd whilst Hulk opens June 13th. - Thanks to 'Darkhorizons' for the news!"

Interesting to see if Tony Stark does appear in the Hulk movie or not.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Darkchild

it would be cool if Tony did

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Walkingstone

Are DC really making the JLA movie? Last I heard, the writers strike had put a serious hold on it because of scripting issues.

Avengers would be so cool. I hope they put the Scarlet Witch and Vision in it :D

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Walkingstone

Yeah, they need to work on the script, plus they've finally twigged Christian Bale and such will be ticked if other people represent the Big Three... tries really hard not to get off topic

Avengers.... Do they know which team they're going to use?

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zero edge
    Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rotten gun

as long as cap, iron man and thor are there im happy

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Walkingstone

I'd love to see Quicksilver too :D

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zero edge

I'm hoping for the founding members, Thor, Iron Man, Pym, Wasp, and Hulk I guess, plus Captain America and maybe add some members from the 60s like Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Andferne

Marvel statted a long time ago that they plan to make Avengers movie, but not until the have introduced each of the characters in thier own films first. They want to do it that way so they will not have to build up who the characters are. Thier own films will(should) of done that already.

With that being said there was a thread floating aruond here a while back asking about this and I statted about makeing this a trilogy instead of a 1 shot. I wish I could remember what all I wrote there or at least what thread it was in, but alas I can not.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Super-Buster

Huh, if they're gonna create an avengers movie with people who have already had their own movies, then they're a long way off. If this is so, do you think they're gonna use Spider-Man/DareDevil/Punisher/Elektra/Ghost Rider? none of them are original members but I can't see them creating movies solely dedicated to Hank Pym or Wasp other, less popular characters. I'm sorry, this was all probably already brought up in the thread you were talking about, but its still interesting.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Sparda

I figure that they should try and make the other characters movies first........Iron Man's movie will be coming out, with another (hopefully) better Hulk movie, and Cap and Thor and whatnot. I think that the lineup would be.....

Cap

Thor

Iron Man

Hulk

Spider-Man (he's so popular that they'd have to be mad to not have him in there)

and maybe Daredevil.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zero edge

I'd like to see Spider-Man get rejected. That'd be an awesome homage lol.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Nighthunter

They should use the original lineup, just like they should do in the JLA movie

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Gottheit

It should be Wolverine eight times, and Punisher with the Silver Surfer's powers and giant bazooka arms. A-OOGA! A-OOGA!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nighthunter

Gottheit says:

"It should be Wolverine eight times, and Punisher with the Silver Surfer's powers and giant bazooka arms. A-OOGA! A-OOGA!"

hmm how about no?

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jax

Wolverine should get shot nine times by Cap and then Cap should get his head ripped off by Hulk.

Airstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Airstrike

Super-Buster says:

"Huh, if they're gonna create an avengers movie with people who have already had their own movies, then they're a long way off. If this is so, do you think they're gonna use Spider-Man/DareDevil/Punisher/Elektra/Ghost Rider? none of them are original members but I can't see them creating movies solely dedicated to Hank Pym or Wasp other, less popular characters. I'm sorry, this was all probably already brought up in the thread you were talking about, but its still interesting."

They want to have Iron Man, Thor and Cap released first. They aren't going make featured films of the others at this time except a Hulk remake. Although, there is talk of a Black Panther film. I think the cast should be Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Wasp, Giant Man, Scarlet Witch, quicksilver and Hawkeye. I doubt that they will include that mny members and I am sure they will change the ethicity of one or more characters like they have done with Nick Fury. I am a big fan of continuity and hate when they change things.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gottheit

They probably won't have Moon Knight, or D-Man...

Airstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Airstrike

I think they would stick with the classic members and that would leave Wolvie and Spider-man out. Plus, I don't think they want to pay or could even get Jackman and Maquire to sign on. No, I can't see Moon Knight or D-Man but I can see the Black Panther and maybe the Black Widow. You have to keep in mind some characters are just to hard or would be hard to do on the big screen. The Wasp could be one of hose characters. I would like them to go up against the Masters of Evil but I imagine the villian would by himself or with just one more.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Andferne

Super-Buster says:

"Huh, if they're gonna create an avengers movie with people who have already had their own movies, then they're a long way off. If this is so, do you think they're gonna use Spider-Man/DareDevil/Punisher/Elektra/Ghost Rider? none of them are original members but I can't see them creating movies solely dedicated to Hank Pym or Wasp other, less popular characters. I'm sorry, this was all probably already brought up in the thread you were talking about, but its still interesting."

as in Hulk, Iron Man, upcomeing Thor movie, New Cap movie etc

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Super-Buster

Andferne says:

"Super-Buster says:

as in Hulk, Iron Man, upcomeing Thor movie, New Cap movie etc"

Okay, I get that there are a lot of movies coming out in the future, how long do you think its gonna be until they're ready to make the Avengers movie? Plus, that's just the heroes, and can you imagine the budget for this film? They could probably buy a small island nation with the cash they'd have to have.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Copy

Sparda says:

"I figure that they should try and make the other characters movies first........Iron Man's movie will be coming out, with another (hopefully) better Hulk movie, and Cap and Thor and whatnot. I think that the lineup would be..... Cap Thor Iron Man Hulk Spider-Man (he's so popular that they'd have to be mad to not have him in there) and maybe Daredevil."

Not sure about DD but I like that lineup.

zero edge says:

"I'd like to see Spider-Man get rejected. That'd be an awesome homage lol."

I wouldn't want to see that.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Andferne

Super-Buster says:

"Andferne says:
    "Super-Buster says:
    as in Hulk, Iron Man, upcomeing Thor movie, New Cap movie etc"
    Okay, I get that there are a lot of movies coming out in the future, how long do you think its gonna be until they're ready to make the Avengers movie? Plus, that's just the heroes, and can you imagine the budget for this film? They could probably buy a small island nation with the cash they'd have to have."

With the writers strike theres no telling now. Thor's script has been approved and rewritten already. Was set to begin filming this year but looks like it wont until after this crap is over with. Cap is the next planned movie after Thor from what I've gathered.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Super-Buster

Yea, if things keep going at this rate it might take decades until we get some righteous avenging action. The hype for this thing is going to be ginormous, enormbig, and huge all rolled into one large word (ginormenormbiguge), I don't think anything like this has been done before. I mean, the solo movies alone would attract mucho attention, but to bring all of the main characters into one big movie, can you imagine?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nighthunter
    Iron Man scribes Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby have told MTV Movies that all the events in the various Marvel films are leading up to the superheroes battling The Hulk in The Avengers movie.

Fergus said: "I hope The Avengers embraces that. You don't want like 10 super-badass good guys fighting together. Where's the fun in that? Let's break it off a little. Friends or colleagues who become enemies is always an interesting thing because you know it's based on love and friendship and that's always the worst thing to have turn bad - someone you actually care about and someone you actually believe in."

"I personally like when good-guy characters have to fight each other," he went on. "Good guys going against good guys who both believe in an issue is way more interesting than a villain clearly into evil and I like when former friends become committed enemies."

Fans will remember that the finale of The Incredible Hulk ended ambiguously [Spoiler Ahead], with Ed Norton smirking slightly just before a self-induced "Hulk out." The very end scene of the film also seems to be setting up this storyline, with General Ross talking to Tony Stark about the green-skinned menace.

All will be revealed when the movie hits our screens in 2011.
    Cyscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cyscott

I think they should have the movies where the avengers are by themselves then hav the avengers movie. But i still reckon it will be good

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27  Edited By Meteorite
    Cyscott said:
    "

I think they should have the movies where the avengers are by themselves then hav the avengers movie. But i still reckon it will be good

"
    Well they are making a Hawkeye movie I think so that's one possible member. But if it was original Avengers then they need Ant-Man/ Hank Pym and Wasp.

My lineup would be :
    • Captain America
    • Iron Man
    • Thor
    • Hawkeye
    • Maybe Spidey
    • Vision
    • Maybe Wonder Man
    • Maybe Black Panther

And they should fight one of these:

• Kang
    • Loki
    • Namor
    • Masters of Evil (with main villains from other movies in it)
    • Zemo
    • Ultron

ahumancartoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ahumancartoon

I just read Jon Favreau is gonna produce the movie and they have confirmed Captain America, Iron man, Thor and Hulk are in after all their own movies are out. Also Confirmed are James Rhodes(even though not mentioned as War machine or not) and others. As far as I know Hawkeye and Black Widow have been mentioned. Plus actress Eva Longoria(of Desperate Housewives)has been spotted with a stack of Avenger comics under her arm coming out of Marvel Studies, it's speculation that she will play Wasp. One thing that is still up in the air is Hank Pym. Edgar Wright (director Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz) is making an Ant-Man movie that will feature both Hank Pym and Scott Lang. Some sources I've checked says Ant-Man will be included in the Avengers movie and some dosen't even mention it. If anybody have any other information on this please post it.

Here's how movie slate is right now

May 7th, 2010 - Iron Man 2
    July 16, 2010 - The Mighty Thor: July 16, 2010
    May 6, 2011 - The First Avenger: Captain America
    July 15, 2011 - The Avengers

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BatDance

2012, four of the heroes will have already made their feature film debut. The first was Iron Man, played by Robert Downey Jr. Next was The Incredible Hulk, with Edward Norton. Currently filming is Kenneth Branagh's adaptation of Thor, which stars Chris Hemsworth (Star Trek) in the title role and co-stars Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, and Anthony Hopkins. Still in development is Captain America, with rumors still swirling around as to who will play Marvel's patriotic hero

bigger question

WHO IS THE BAD GUY?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.