Avengers Iniative

#1 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep hearing this line in the trailer and I know what the team is

But what is the Avengers Iniative?

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

In comics or cinema?

In comics it's something that allows Cap to organize teams of Avengers using whoever he feels is necessary

In the film it's a plan executed by S.H.E.I.L.D to use extraordinary people to battle alien or post human threats

#3 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

In comics or cinema?

In comics it's something that allows Cap to organize teams of Avengers using whoever he feels is necessary

In the film it's a plan executed by S.H.E.I.L.D to use extraordinary people to battle alien or post human threats

Well thanks for giving both definitions.

Explain the comic one more though,

#4 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: Essentially Cap can recruit any one he feels is good enough to be an Avenger i.e.Secret and New Avengers and have some reformed villians and convicts, on the team.

#5 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@Jnr6Lil: Essentially Cap can recruit any one he feels is good enough to be an Avenger i.e.Secret and New Avengers and have some reformed villians and convicts, on the team.

Ah, so basically it's something that gives Cap permission to recruit Avengers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.