Avengers Film: Yay or Nay?

#1 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you like or dislike the film and why?

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it.

It had good characterization and action in the Marvel way.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. It's one of my personal favorites.

#4 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a good showing of how comic book camp can be translated to the big screen (I'm looking at you Nolan)

#5 Edited by War Killer (20141 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay. It's the best superhero movie to date.

Online
#6 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Pure awesome!

When Iron Man and Cap did that blaster deflection off the shield thing, I literally squeed right there in the theater.

#7 Posted by NightHaunter (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay. But post heli-carrier, nay.

#8 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

yay

superhero film done right

#9 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

Best Comic adaptation movie ever.

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24878 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it

#11 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

movie yay, costumes hit and miss, thanos reveal nay. FACT THAT THERES NO DIRECTORS CUT EXPLAINING HOW BANNER GOT THE DIRT BIKE NAY!!! NAY I SAY!!! HOW DID HE GET THE DIRTBIKE?!

#12 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it.

But I do think that it's not exactly the perfect superhero masterpiece from innovative auteur Joss Whedon that everyone described it as. It had a couple of flaws and things that bugged me.

But really, none of that sh*t mattered once the final battle started. The moment I saw that panning shot where the whole team was assembled, I decided that the first one-and a half hour of the movie was inconsequential. They could have filled it with a 90-minute repeating video of the rainbow Nyan-cat and I still would have been satisfied.

#13 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

movie yay, costumes hit and miss, thanos reveal nay. FACT THAT THERES NO DIRECTORS CUT EXPLAINING HOW BANNER GOT THE DIRT BIKE NAY!!! NAY I SAY!!! HOW DID HE GET THE DIRTBIKE?!

Oh yeah, this. The Thanos reveal was just....meh.

And yes, the mysterious dirtbike appearance. Truly one of the dangling plot holes that left fanboys annoyed XD

#14 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

I loved it.

It had good characterization and action in the Marvel way.

Who is your favorite Avenger?

#15 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

loved it

#16 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark: He stole it

#17 Posted by NightHaunter (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark said:

@DH69 said:

movie yay, costumes hit and miss, thanos reveal nay. FACT THAT THERES NO DIRECTORS CUT EXPLAINING HOW BANNER GOT THE DIRT BIKE NAY!!! NAY I SAY!!! HOW DID HE GET THE DIRTBIKE?!

Oh yeah, this. The Thanos reveal was just....meh.

And yes, the mysterious dirtbike appearance. Truly one of the dangling plot holes that left fanboys annoyed XD

It's revealed in a deleted scene.

#18 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Phenomenal film that raised the bar for every superhero film that comes after it.

YAY X100

#19 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay

#20 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightHaunter said:

@Veshark said:

@DH69 said:

movie yay, costumes hit and miss, thanos reveal nay. FACT THAT THERES NO DIRECTORS CUT EXPLAINING HOW BANNER GOT THE DIRT BIKE NAY!!! NAY I SAY!!! HOW DID HE GET THE DIRTBIKE?!

Oh yeah, this. The Thanos reveal was just....meh.

And yes, the mysterious dirtbike appearance. Truly one of the dangling plot holes that left fanboys annoyed XD

It's revealed in a deleted scene.

what the? where? i watched the deleted scenes for that ONE single part and didnt see it.

#21 Posted by NightHaunter (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69: Y'know, I had the blu-ray and would have swore the old guy gave him it, but I can't see in on youtube. My mistake.

#22 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightHaunter said:

@DH69: Y'know, I had the blu-ray and would have swore the old guy gave him it, but I can't see in on youtube. My mistake.

well i'll just go pop it in now, cause seriously that scene pissed me off to no extend when i watched it for the first time.

#23 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

Yayyyyyyy!! Loved it.

#24 Posted by The Stegman (23987 posts) - - Show Bio

It was fantastic.

#25 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightHaunter said:

@DH69: Y'know, I had the blu-ray and would have swore the old guy gave him it, but I can't see in on youtube. My mistake.

yep you were right, i guess my theory of him clotheslining some dude and stealing it was farfetched...wouldve been funnier though. Also just realised that "phase 2" is mention in the very beginning of the film

#26 Posted by The_Tree (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

Great movie, pure comic book fun.

#27 Posted by NightHaunter (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69: Haha. So the guy gives him the bike?

I really liked that scene. Would have loved that and Cap in the cafe to be included.

#28 Posted by TDK_1997 (14704 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a great movie.

#29 Posted by FearTheLiving (2919 posts) - - Show Bio

*Looks at Avatar* Need I say more?

#30 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie was awesome! One of the best superhero films I had ever seen!

#31 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

#32 Posted by Night Thrasher (3681 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Oscars94 (2475 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw it again on DVD yesterday! Still my favourite movie!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.