@Deep_Six said:

YJ>>>EMH

Agree.

YJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EMH

#203 Posted by Madkinglord (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: then stop loving it . it's all your fault. lol

#204 Edited by monkeyonurback_ (84 posts) - - Show Bio

that just about sums it up! 
when this and the green lantern series came out i couldn't believe what i was seeing! the superhero cartoons were getting the respect they deserved again. aaaand then this happened....for fuck sake marvel...and i cannot believe jeph loeb had anything to do with this...for such a good writer he's some cunt...we expect this from quesada :L
#205 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7690 posts) - - Show Bio

BULLCRAP!
I love the Avengers EMH. THe show is getting so good. I'm watching the Australian Episodes and they are awesome. 
Screw Marvel.
They replaced Spectacular Spider-man with stupid Ultimate Spiderman and it's terrible.

#206 Posted by constocorp (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this will be based on the ultimate universe and themed like ultimate spiderman cartoon but a little bit based on the busik perez run on avengers

#207 Posted by KevJoge (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I rather see Black Panther instead of Falcon :/

#208 Posted by SubsonicNerd (23 posts) - - Show Bio

They always do this have a great show and then they cancel it. This new Avengers better be good.

#209 Posted by TheCannon (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, now that I have been given facts and not rumors, I know it's going to be cancelled. This stinks, because I was really getting into the show and was hoping for the Civil War in season 3. They were setting it up perfectly with Maria Hill trying to get the Avengers to register.

#210 Posted by JoeEddie (484 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I think this is terrible news. I did not like the animation at first, animation has not been good since the 90's, but that did not detract from the show and I enjoyed seeing each story.

#211 Posted by pjcooper1986 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang: not really because they would of called the show the ultimates otherwise

#212 Posted by krspaceT (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

Do any non X men series last more than 2 seasons with marvel? In DC, even Brave and the Bold, a show that people seem to hate here, lasted three

#213 Posted by Bitchgurl (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel seems to cancel every cartoon they ever do after a few season, for whatever reason.

There have been a few notable exceptions, but not many.

#214 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

i never seen avengers emh

#215 Posted by ka385385 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Will they have Mark Hamill play as Ghost Rider's voice in the new show?

#216 Edited by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has been making bad decisions with its animation for a long time. Wolverine and the X-men (canceled because of some stupid BS with funding), Spectacular Spiderman (don't really know why it was canceled but it was an idiotic decision), X-Men: Evolution (which was making huge improvements every season), all the way back to The Incredible Hulk (which was ruined in the second season by executive meddling and then got canceled).

#217 Posted by Hysteria (361 posts) - - Show Bio

Shame that Ant-Man and Wasp won't be regular characters.

#218 Posted by Mezmero (969 posts) - - Show Bio

I am completely against this decision to cancel one of the best comic book to cartoon adaptations ever made. Not only was this show very faithful to the source material but it was digestible to even the most layman of comic readers. The writing is astounding, the voice performances are top notch, and although the action has been a bit watered down for kids the animation is incredibly sharp. If anything the family friendly nature of the action makes it even MORE faithful to the comics we all grew up with than more modern volumes. Considering the trajectory of the current season they could very easily bring the lingering plot points to a close before it ends for good.

Still its that same sour feeling I got after both Silver Surfer and Wolverine and the X-men got canned. Pretty much all of DCs animated stuff turns out amazing but Marvel has been seriously behind for years with only a few hidden gems squeezing through including EMH. As usual it's something that is genuinely good gets ripped away by corporate big wigs. Having made my thoughts clear I also am very hopeful for the new show as it has gigantic shoes to fiill after this one wraps. I would love to see them give some love to the West Coast Avengers if possible.

#219 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormultt said:

Marvel, Your universe. LMAO.

ROLF

#220 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Deep_Six said:

YJ>>>EMH

Agree.

YJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EMH

#221 Posted by cattlebattle (13203 posts) - - Show Bio
@krspaceT said:

Do any non X men series last more than 2 seasons with marvel? In DC, even Brave and the Bold, a show that people seem to hate here, lasted three

there was the 90's Spider-Man show and maybe Spider-Man and his amazing friends...other than that...your absolutely right...I don't any Marvel show, ever, aside from the ones named have lasted more than 1 or 2 seasons....and they have had quite a bit of shows
#222 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

What I hate about canceled shows and new shows is that they all seem to start at the same point and retell the same stories, then get canceled...repeat! All the X-Men shows had the same base introduction of characters and told the same stories. So with every new show, they kept telling the same old stories and I get bored. I liked both seasons on EMH and now they will go back and retell the same stories. Sure they may mix it up, but doubtful.

#223 Posted by Apis (83 posts) - - Show Bio

So they finally make a GOOD Avengers cartoon and then cancel it to make a better one. Why do I suddenly feel nervous?

#224 Posted by obscurefan (274 posts) - - Show Bio

In some alternate dimension out there Marvel realizes that Jeph Loeb makes bad decisions and as a result they have both a successful movie AND television industry.

#225 Posted by nappystr8 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that official promo art for the show?

If so I'm super excited that Falcon is a main team member and it will be nice to have a more realistic animation style. The look of Earth's Mightiest Heroes always bugged me. Sorry for the fans of that show, it sucks you are losing it, but as far as I'm concerned this is good news.

#226 Edited by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems animated shows do not get a very long run any more. I am not upset at The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes  and I understand Marvel wanting complete control of their ip. I just hope they are not going to meke the show like the Movie to cash in on that success.

#227 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34378 posts) - - Show Bio
@shackle said:

I'd be willing to bet the new show will be superior, and the whining over the demise of EMH is going to look pretty silly when AA debuts.

I'd take that bet
#228 Posted by Deranged Midget (17863 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@shackle said:

I'd be willing to bet the new show will be superior, and the whining over the demise of EMH is going to look pretty silly when AA debuts.

I'd take that bet

Or it could replicate the garbage that Ultimate Spider-man has displayed and utterly disappoint. But yes, we have no way of making sure but it's as if EMH was doing poorly.

#229 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34378 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@shackle said:

I'd take that bet

Or it could replicate the garbage that Ultimate Spider-man has displayed and utterly disappoint. But yes, we have no way of making sure but it's as if EMH was doing poorly.

I was talking about taking the bet, as in if it turns out he's wrong what do I win
#230 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@comix christian said:

Never really got into this show, hopefully Avengers Assemble will have better animation, 'cause EMH looks really, really bad (Is it just me or does the second season look even worse then the first?) And the story seems to be going nowhere second season, just a lot of poorly animated guest stars...

I absolutely loved this show but I'll give you that. The art style was really sloppy at times, (backgrounds were absolutely horrible most of the time), and kind of amateurish. Character designs weren't much better. But still, it's the best Marvel cartoon I've ever seen and I'm devastated by this news.

#231 Posted by Deranged Midget (17863 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@shackle said:

I'd take that bet

I was talking about taking the bet, as in if it turns out he's wrong what do I win

I know, I was referring to his original statement. If you win, I'd assume we could just confirm that Loeb screwed up... again.

#232 Posted by ThePhoenX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

It's sad... but if the Show is better...! I think it will have a better chara design, but the writing probably won't be as good as EMH!

#233 Posted by Bumbuliuz (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Really sad to hear, been getting into the series and loving it.

#234 Posted by Markus Kage (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that's just shitty. Even though it comes on Disney XD I really do like EMH. I just finished watching the first season on Netflix and I'm trying to get caught up on the first few episodes of season 2. Kinda sad most of Marvel's TV shows wind up getting screwed.

#235 Edited by abeyance (239 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover looks like the one for the Ultimate Avengers animated movie in 2006. If the animation is like that I will definitely give the show a chance. It the show has the wacky crapness of Ultimate Spiderman I'll be flipping the channel with the speed of mercury.

#236 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

@shackle said:

Yeaaah, and some people were willing to bet that Ultimate Spider-Man would be better than Spectacular Spider-Man. Guess that the whining over the demise of that show looks silly now, right?

You mean Saved By the Bell the Animated Series right?

#237 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: LOL! Yeah, that would be a better name for the show ;p

#238 Posted by FearTheLiving (3874 posts) - - Show Bio

**** my life. Seriously why do I get hooked on these shows just so they can get canned for pretty much no reason. I'll check out this show when it airs, but I highly doubt it'll be better than AEMH if it's anything like USM (Which isn't bad but doesn't hold a candle to AEMH).

#239 Posted by TheCannon (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

At least it sounds like EMH is going out with a bang. The final episode will have them fighting Galactus.

#240 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@obscurefan said:

In some alternate dimension out there Marvel realizes that Jeph Loeb makes bad decisions and as a result they have both a successful movie AND television industry.

First he kills the Ultimate Universe, and now he wants to kill the animated shows. Jeph Leob is a spy from DC, sent to destroy everything Marvel does right.

#241 Posted by Kinasin_ (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

This is messed up. Screw marvel.

#242 Edited by Blowout (217 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you all read this article? http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/19/the-boy-who-hated-ultimate-spider-man/

There is certainly the rumour that Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has been cancelled. It may well be replaced by the new Avengers Assemble. But no official word. Marvel TV News made up an official quote and all the websites followed suit without checking.

Perhaps Avengers; EMH is not being cancelled. MARVEL has NOT released any official world. Marvel TV News apparently made it up. Maybe we are getting two Avengers shows.

#243 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blowout said:

Have you all read this article? http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/19/the-boy-who-hated-ultimate-spider-man/

There is certainly the rumour that Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has been cancelled. It may well be replaced by the new Avengers Assemble. But no official word. Marvel TV News made up an official quote and all the websites followed suit without checking.

Perhaps Avengers; EMH is not being cancelled. MARVEL has NOT released any official world. Marvel TV News apparently made it up. Maybe we are getting two Avengers shows.

That would be okay with me as long as they don't cancel EMH.

#244 Posted by TheCannon (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@Blowout said:

That would be okay with me as long as they don't cancel EMH.

Agreed, but it would make no sense.

But I wouldn't mind two shows as long as it kept EMH alive.

#245 Posted by SlimJ87D (10558 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the worst news I've heard this month about Marvel.

Avengers Earth's mightiest heroes was probably the best super hero show I have ever seen. They really did stay true to the comics as much as possible. DAMN IT WHY!

#246 Posted by Eet Mor Puppee (103 posts) - - Show Bio

The greediness of this move is just mind boggling. Cancelling an Avengers cartoon to replace it with an Avengers cartoon?

Even if this new cartoon is awesome it's still going to be covered in the stench of Marvel/Disney corporate greed.

I'll still probably watch the pilot though.

#247 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

DC animation is way better but why cancel marvel it was good!

#248 Posted by daredeville (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@shackle said:

I'm willing to bet that there is a good chance it won't be better, unfortunately. Jeph Loeb is in charge of the cancellation/new show and wants to make something more along the lines of the silly Ultimate Spider-Man show. Loeb was once a mighty storyteller, but much of his experience in TV has been rather lack-luster.

Although I had my qualms with the animation/character designs at times (Wasp's hair), I really enjoyed the writing and storytelling. Not only that, but the show was a great mini-Avengers-history-lesson and hit a lot of great points throughout the first season.

Most importantly, people really liked it and followed it, which like others have said helped to prepare newcomers for the film.

#249 Posted by SpiderWoman4everCaptainAmerica (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Its like they ripped my heart out and threw it away :( The movie was awesome but the show is gonna kill it:/ Its gonna reveal so many spoilers like r u kidding me? Like the falcon thing, can't they just keep that as a surprise -_- Are they just gonna keep rebooting -_- Here we go watching 8 episodes of origin stories and the first avengers movie all over again -_-

#250 Posted by SpiderWoman4everCaptainAmerica (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Also I thought EMH was suppose 2 have a civil war. I remember in one episode Maria Hill was saying to Tony Stark the civil war/ super hero registration is coming. I thought that was suppose 2 happen after the skrull invasion :/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.