'Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' Canceled

#151 Posted by GR2Blackout (2931 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529 said:

Animated Marvel got Nothing on DC animated ;)

Forget you!

In other news, aw, crap, of course every Avengers show never lasts long.... this sucks Dragon Ballz! Like that lame Dragon Ball Z movie.

#152 Posted by Sammo21 (726 posts) - - Show Bio

Season 2 has been so freaking amazing.

@shackle: Considering they are making it more like Ultimate Spider-Man I can say that will be a definite no.

@zackattack529: Actually, Earth's Mightiest Heroes has been better than anything DC has put out in terms of animated.

#153 Posted by GR2Blackout (2931 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Marvels show will be better... and hopefully nothing like Spider-man: The New Animated Series.

#154 Posted by zackattack529 (1408 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sammo21: not even close, Dc animated has a list of shows that are better than marvels, i think your probably just trolling about the EMH thing, in fact you are the ONLY person i have come across who has said something like that, so im sure im still right.

but to each his own.

#155 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (433 posts) - - Show Bio

So, this show is cancelled but Ultimate Deadpo- er, I mean Spider-Man lives on? I just hope the new series picks up with the team already formed so we don't have to go through the same story of everyone not getting along or trusting each other. And if I have to see Cap unfrozen one more time... Just starts as if all that stuff already happened.

#156 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the animation doesn't suck ass.

Also I hope it's slightly more 'mature'.

#157 Posted by oraclefyre (944 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#158 Posted by GBrutality (201 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't stress enough how much I hope they don't go the ultimate spider-man route because that show is some kind of abomination that must be killed with fire.

I also hate how they're clearly ignoring Hank Pym and Wasp simply because they aren't in the movie. Let Hawkeye have the costume instead of that suit! I hate that it just has to be that now.

Also, why Falcon? Falcon is one of the most useless heroes ever, but people keep insisting on him. You'd choose that guy over Black Panther? Hell, if it's just for diversity purposes and they for some reason can't have BP, then introduce Luke Cage. Falcon is beyond crappy.

#159 Posted by Herokiller12344 (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@Master_Thief: At least that's doing something.

#160 Posted by Sammo21 (726 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529:

You're so right. An opinion that I formulated on my own is wrong. I'm sorry my opinion doesn't line up with those you agree with.

DC makes good animated movies. Marvel has been doing better in television animation. Young Justice is all DC has going. Batman Brave and the Bold was way too corny, Green Lantern is terrible, the new Batman animated looks terrible, and the Batman was a mess as well.

I love how the internet has made people evolve into things who just assume that since someone has a differing opinion that they are trolling. I think EMH is the best for the fact it fits in storylines from over 50-60 years of MARVEL comics and does so in a way that's fresh and still retains the spirit of the stories fans already love. They faithfully represent all the characters in the show and do a great job of mixing together both current 616 timeline story arcs with classic Marvel characters and stories. They have tons of easter eggs for actual comic book fans without having to hit you on the head with them and they frequently incorporate background easter eggs than 95% of viewers would never notice. They also aren't afraid to take risks, like having Captain America basically not be in the show for nearly the entirety of season 2. On top of that they frequently have cameos from other MARVEL characters in the universe to make the world feel larger and cohesive. Examples: Spider-Man, Doctor Doom, Fantastic Four, Logan during WWII, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Red Hulk, Beta Ray Bill, tons of Jack Kirby era Thor characters, and the list really goes on and on. While some people aren't a fan of the art style it has never bothered me and its not as bad as something like the Batman or the current Green Lantern series.

I'm sorry that my opinion didn't line up with everyone you've talked to.

@SexualLobster: I thought that EMH was decent in its maturity level.

#161 Posted by z1co80 (192 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed the show

Shame

#162 Posted by Vincie_Pooh (118 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529: Right on that one

#163 Posted by Mister_Sensational (202 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

@Danial79 said:

I hope the new show is as good or better, because the Spidey cartoon is just lame.

Avengers Assemble is said too be set in the same universe as Ultimate Spider-Man.

Exactly!!! so for those of you with your heads up your asses who think that some how this new Avengers toon will be superior I ask...

1. Did you ever actually watch Avengers: EMH? and 2. Do you watch Ultimate Spider-man? If you answered yes to both those questions and you still think EMH sucked and this new series will be better than I say to you that you really don't know a good animated adaptation of a comic when you see one. Quite frankly EMH was possibly the best animated program Marvel has done since the 90's X-Men cartoon but I guess those of you saying EMH sucked probably think X-Men Evolution was better than that. And for those of you downing EMH's animation style I ask, is it really any worse than Bruce Timm's take on the DC characters?

How can anybody not see this as anything more than a way for Marvel to further capitalize on the success of The Avengers film?

#164 Posted by Replicant0658 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because Marvel's going to be in control doesn't mean its going to be a better show, need I remind you of Ultimate Spider-man...? Also is that image meant to promote the show? It looks more like a comic book cover. =/

#165 Posted by Deep_Six (140 posts) - - Show Bio

YJ>>>EMH

#166 Posted by KainScion (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@mallew3k: you are entitled to your opinnion. but............ it sucks (your opinnion).

#167 Posted by KainScion (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@edtie97: you're really craving attention arent you

#168 Posted by TheMinister707 (129 posts) - - Show Bio
#169 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@sonicnevets said:

Dude I can't believe Loeb actually said that in an interview. Does that dip actually think kids won't go out of their way to watch tv? This is the information age. If you miss an episode you can probably find it on the internet.

And on another note I bet there is some Disney exec. behind the scenes because everything Disney touches in cartoons turns to a stupid "kid's" show that even kids hate.

Agreed. And how Loeb could say something like that is beyond me. I'd understand if it was a decade or two ago but now, it looks more like he doesn't give a damn about what the fans really want, that's just disappointing :(

#170 Posted by ThePRez (463 posts) - - Show Bio

to bad. This season was simply great :/

#171 Posted by sora_thekey (8688 posts) - - Show Bio

@airbound_dude said:

once again marvel has given the axe to something that was not broken. this one joins spectacular spider man in the list of great shows that were cut down before their time...so sad

Don't forget Wolverine and the X-Men.

#172 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, there goes the only reason I had for watching Marvel's animation block.

#173 Posted by doublezeroduck (106 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF? That sucks. It's a good show.

#174 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmaprice:

now that really is clever :D Didn`t know it was like that. really kinda sad that ist`s going to be cancelled :/

#175 Posted by grimi (1 posts) - - Show Bio

This is unfortunate I was really getting into this show too, EMH was great had awesome voice actors, was lighthearted and still told some compelling story lines. I hope the new show doesn't try to get to serious and still has interesting characters. Also I hope they just jump into a story without having to spend half a season getting the Avengers together again.

#176 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2852 posts) - - Show Bio

The New show is supposed to be like the new spiderman show... I'm not going to watch this new garbage show!!!!

Earths mightiest heroes is one of the BEST animated shows on TV right now up there with Legend of Korra and Young Justice which EMH is better then YJ (not including the greatest animated show futurama).

#177 Posted by htb106 (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers Assemble is what the Avengers film was called here in the UK.

#178 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deep_Six said:

YJ>>>EMH

no its not

YJ-solves questions with MORE questions, Has WAY to many characters, never gives characters enough spotlight (Zatanna), and its dialogue is not as good. I will give it this it has better animation but really EMH isn't bad.

EMH-has great dialogue, gives its characters there time, has better STORYLINES, and it introduces characters that aren't well known but are still AWESOME to see on the TV (Rocket Raccoon, Wasp, Ant Man, Luke Cage)

#179 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

Lame

#180 Posted by perry_411 (453 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good enough to me, but I am a pirate.

#181 Posted by BigBDawg (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I will admit, this sucks that Avengers EMH won't get renewed. I hope Marvel will do well with Avengers Assemble though. At least we know three VAs for it; Adrian Pasdar as Iron Man, Fred Tatasciore as the Hulk, and Travis Willingham as Thor. Just leaves Cap, Hawkeye, Widow, and Falcon. As well as any supporting cast featured.

#182 Posted by KainScion (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

just in: even more episodes leaked. check em out.

#183 Posted by TheHeat (510 posts) - - Show Bio
@Herokiller12344: Yea, I like her character in the show too. She was a cutie.
#184 Posted by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still upset over this... -__-

#185 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: Link them to me please?

#186 Posted by Moonchilde (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOO!!!! Stupid Loeb!

#187 Posted by LordRequiem (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

They did so much right with this, I mean how often does a great villain like Graviton get his chance in the limelight? On this show, he did, and for that I commend it.

#188 Posted by mightyzeus (171 posts) - - Show Bio

damn that was a good show

#189 Posted by kikiGLOW (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just starting to get interested in the show. Well I guess I can always continue to watch season two and wait until this new show releases.

#190 Posted by SadiaVicious (136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

NOOOO!!!! Stupid Loeb!

#191 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

Just found out...seriously if I was near Loeb I wouldn't be entitled for my actions...its my favorite show on PERIOD...and he removes it cause he wants it in the crappy Utlimate Spider-Man universe...I'm telling you I'm going to kill him and make him feel sorry.
I am praying that the show won't be cancelled permanently that maybe the new Avengers show bombs and that they bring this back...almost definitely won't happen but I can still hope.
 Loeb is on my MOST HATED LIST...around #1 with Michael Bay at 2nd. Please let this be a nightmare...

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#192 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel: Oh hey Marvel fans! Do you like the Avengers? Do you like shows like JLU and Wolverine and the X-Men? Well guess what! We just made a cartoon that has all that and more! Enjoy it! :D

Fans: Oh boy! Thanks Marvel! This show is really awesome! :D

Marvel: If you like this show, wait'll you see Ultimate Spider-Man! It's tons of fun! :DD

Fans: Weak, Marvel! This show reeks of mongoose remains! It stinks! :(

Marvel: Trust us, it'll get better! Oh, and remember that totally awesome Avengers cartoon we gave you that you guys love and follow? ;)

Fans: Yes! What about it?! :D

Marvel: CANCELLED. >:(

Fans: Whuuuuuhh? WHY? D:

Marvel: Cause we like Ultimate Spider-Man better, so f*ck you! :D

Fans: :'(

Yeah... This is how it is? Fine, but count me out for any of their craptacular cartoons from here on out.

#193 Posted by Stormultt (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel, Your universe. LMAO.

#194 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

Their are 3 mistakes Marvel has done in the animated realm and the all have to do with premature cancellations: 
(1) Spectacular Spider-Man - purely great show...while not as good as the 90's show no animated show is...so who cares? Well this needed more than 2 seasons and was super fun.
(2) Wolverine and the X-Men - this was fun and great...I liked it better than the 90's X-Men show...WHY?
(3) Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes - My Favorite TV Show currently on air and my 3rd favorite TV show ever. LOEB...you'll wish you never cancelled it before we fans are done with you.

#195 Posted by DMC (2004 posts) - - Show Bio

not cool Marvel.....not cool

sigh....let's hope AA is worth is

#196 Posted by Sergotron (108 posts) - - Show Bio

This reminds me of the Spectacular Spiderman series. We lost a great show to this new Unlimited show which is... Well not good.

#197 Posted by suikoden352 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

so this gets cancelled but shows like young justice: invasion get to keep going? ugh....this show helped me tolerate my saturday/ sunday mornings because dc ruined young justice with their garbage reboot and story line regarding "the light" and all. depressing news. thanks, marvel (not)

#198 Posted by Shazam78 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad the story lines and characters really made the show something. I love the how the roster changes, and that there are episodes that focus on one specific character from the team.  But now we'll never know what this show could have been in season 3.  As for Ultimate Spider-Man I like that show too. The humor is good and fits with character of Spidey. Putting him on a team makes the show different from previous shows. 

#199 Posted by uroboros (144 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched this show for a bit of fun but to be honest the animation left a lot to be desired, especially in the action sequences..I don't remember a single episode where the aspect ratio didn't fly out the window.

#200 Posted by wmwadeii (3305 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

(2) Wolverine and the X-Men - this was fun and great...I liked it better than the 90's X-Men show...WHY?

It was canceled because the company Marvel teamed up with didn't want to continue and they couldn't find a replacement in time. Most other old Marvel Animated series has similar fates (the 90s X-Men you mentioned while being the most popular animate FOX cartoon of its time, they had a hard time with the company in the last season, notice the quality drop) Now that they are part of Disney it's not as big a deal. Keeping it in house with the new series means they don't have to rely on others.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.