'Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' Canceled

#101 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOO!!! Are they still going to finish out this season?

Hmm...Avengers Assemble better be good, thats all I gotta say...First they cancel Wolverine and The X-men, and now this...

#102 Posted by thveej (203 posts) - - Show Bio

as long as they don't restart everything back to the origins again with the new show I'll be happy. I am so tired of re-watching origin tales over and over again, EMH has its flaws but right now I'm really enjoying it cause the story lines are way past origins (heck secrete invasion just finished) so its cool seeing more advance stories. (a big reason I am loving Young Justice, the 5 year jump I think is really awesome way to freshen up the stories and characters)

But please improve the animation, EMH was pretty poor in that department. Also have more consistent actions scenes, sometimes they were awesome in EMH and other times they were super lame.

#103 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

I can't even get mad anymore, Marvel broke my anger gland when I saw the Phoenix 5, now there's just a cold empty hatred threatening to consume all that it touches

LOL! You're not alone my friend, your'e not alone...

@xoptionm3: @JonesDeini: I know, right? And for those who didn't see it, here's what Loeb had to say about it a few months ago.

From Is The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Cancelled? - IGN (too lazy to quote anything else ;p) :

While acknowledging Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’ fandom, Loeb’s comments to Collider in March, on the topic of serialization in the animated series, also could point to the current Avengers show not being in line with Marvel’s future plans. Said Loeb, “Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has a tremendous following. One of the things that’s very unique about that show is that it was at a time prior to my coming in. It is a very serialized show, and there are a lot of characters. What we wanted to do with Spider-Man, and going forward, was to tell stories that are individualized. Obviously, we want everybody to watch the show every week, but we also know that people’s time is often taken. So, DVR the show, but if you’re not going to do that, the idea is that you will be able to catch up. I don’t ever want anybody to sit down on Sunday mornings at 11 o’clock and suddenly feel like, “Well, I lost the last three episodes, so I don’t really know what’s going on.”” Loeb has previously indicated that the final twelve episodes of Season 2 of Earth's Mightiest Heroes feature more standalone storylines.

Seriously, what the Hel! Some people might think that the fact that this new show would be completely produced and under Marvel's control might be a good thing but I don't think so. If Ultimate Spider-Man was a great show, maybe I would think differently but it's clearly not the case. If they really want their future shows to be like USM and set in the same animated universe then thanks, but no thanks! As Head of Marvel Television, Loeb did a pretty bad job and clearly doesn't give a damn about what Marvel fans really want. As long as Marvel (and Loeb) keep making crappy decisions like that, I won't watch any of their animated shows.

#104 Posted by DeawonCDelaney (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I can deal with them canceling this one now when cartoon network cancels Young Justice and Thundercats thats when I will be upset.

#105 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

F*ck you Marvel...

#106 Posted by Dedpool (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Ths scares me. Last time this happened we lost Spectacular Spiderman and got the enjoyable but deifnitely inferior "Ultimate Spiderman" and now this?! I'm a little irritated by this!!

#107 Posted by Rorschach2814 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I just Died inside

#108 Edited by csguterres (201 posts) - - Show Bio

This new show will probably suck.

Because Ultimate Spider Man is entirely made by Marvel and sucks a lot. Spetacular Spider Man wasn't, and was awesome. MARVEL, JUST STICK WITH THE MOVIES, BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT ANIMATED SERIES!!

I will miss the Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

#109 Posted by ruler (299 posts) - - Show Bio

shame ı enjoyed that show

#110 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I'm f\|~in done with animated Marvel. I'm not putting up with their crap a second longer.
#111 Posted by sentryman555 (759 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Ultimate Spiderman and wasn't a fan of Spectacular Spiderman so I'm hoping Avengers Assemble will bring new ideas into the cartoon like Ultimate spiderman is doing. Not just going with the basic story lines.

#112 Edited by csguterres (201 posts) - - Show Bio

No writer can be worse than Jeph Loeb. At least, all a bad writer can do is screw comics. Loeb can screw comics and TV shows alike.

#113 Posted by Ijan092 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Why!? srsly why! Avengers Earth  Mightiest heroes has been a great animated series, Hell better than that crap of ultimate spider-man (and im a big fan of spidey but i hate the show) srsly marvel get your shit together!

#114 Posted by Maki_P (275 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't have to be terrible! Maybe Avengers Assemble gets to be just like EMH! Just with another name!!! Right? Right??? Right???? *pant pant*

#115 Posted by lightfright12 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I love EMH. it brings a ton of great stories from the comics, from the origin of Scott Lang to Beta Ray Bill (Steve Blum is a voice acting super star in my book). And now there running with the secret invasion storyline. Whenver the producers fight with each other it's the viewers/fans get screwed.

#116 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I kind of saw it coming. I tried to be positive, but ultimately I expected this.

Most of the episodes that haven't aired in the US or the UK can be found on youtube. I suggest you watch them there since the ratings don't matter. Don't give Marvel the satisfaction of anymore ratings on that embarrassment of a time slot that DC does better on Cartoon Network.

#117 Edited by csguterres (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Well, I kind of saw it coming. I tried to be positive, but ultimately I expected this.

Most of the episodes that haven't aired in the US or the UK can be found on youtube. I suggest you watch them there since the ratings don't matter. Don't give Marvel the satisfaction of anymore ratings on that embarrassment of a time slot that DC does better on Cartoon Network.

I would say the opposite: Watch Earth's Mightiest Heroes and don't watch Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble. That's how we show Marvel that we like series with a real cohese storyline, and hate the "just beat a random villain by week" plot.

#118 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@csguterres: They knew damn well that there was a huge following for EMH to begin with, as Loeb said in that interview. The fact that they canned the series shows that they don't care whether we give them the ratings or not. Plus, Ultimate Spider-Man probably isn't doing so well in the ratings department from our demographic because pretty much everyone across the board are saying negative things about it.

Sorry if that came out catty. This topic just makes me so angry... The people who run the animation department are morons.

#119 Posted by Novemberx2 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

JEPH FUCKING LOEB!

#120 Posted by druzod2501 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

That's some bullshit! EMH was IMO the best Marvel animation in the last decade, and the closest they've come to rivaling the great successes of the 90s like Spider-Man TAS & Batman TAS. This... makes no sense on any conceivable level.

If they want to build an animated universe, like I've heard some rumors about, then EMH was a perfect starting point because it really was a full Marvel Universe show, it showcased or introduced most of the major characters from all around the MU. You hear me Marvel, Take what you built and flesh it out in its own space in its own time, but you can't build a city on top of a garbage dump and this AA-USM partnering is exactly that!!

#121 Posted by edtie97 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

The justice league series was just way better than the avengers earths mightiest heroes.

#122 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Novemberx2 said:

JEPH F*CKING LOEB!

LOL, profane but still true...

#123 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe they'll just make it a sequel series, or at least bring the voice actors over fro EMH, they were working

#124 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: And that's terrible.

#125 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Herokiller12344 said:

@InnerVenom123: And that's terrible.

And now you know why USM sucks.

#126 Posted by viin (566 posts) - - Show Bio

i think this is good news. i watched EMH season 1 and enjoyed just a hand full of episodes (more or less the Hawkeye and Black Widow ones.). But I didnt watch the show for awhile till about episode 4 of season 2 and then i questioned why i was watching it. The new show looks to be more like the ultimate avengers animated movie and that was pretty good. Show looks good...not as good as Young Justice.....but better then other comics shows that are out or coming out.

#127 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Another great marvel show bite the dust. Just like Spetacular Spider-Man, this show ends way before its time. It is going to end up having a lot of loose ends. Oh well...

#128 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, it's not like this is 3 weeks after the fact. Marvel just announced this meaning they haven't started closing shop on EMH yet. We're living in the Internet Era a time where it's possible that a regular schmoe in his basement can talk to the United States president over Twitter. Instead of sitting on the tracks waiting for a train to come, how about we take action and stop this from happening?

I mean it's not like we work at Marvel but we are the fans, we are the power. If we try hard enough we could possibly change the game here before the trouble starts. THE POINT IS: Act don't Observe.

#129 Posted by blueninjapanther (675 posts) - - Show Bio

What I thought it was actually really good cause it has black panther. As long it has Black Panther then I'm fine.

#130 Posted by War Killer (20110 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they'll actual make this show slightly more serious and without the constant breaking of the forth wall we annoyingly see in USM. While I'm upset that EMH is getting axed, and though I hate USM, I'm willing to give this show a chance if they actually try to make it a bit more serious.

Only time will tell at this point.

#131 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

I hope the new show is as good or better, because the Spidey cartoon is just lame.

#132 Posted by Master_Thief (774 posts) - - Show Bio
#133 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@blueninjapanther said:

What I thought it was actually really good cause it has black panther. As long it has Black Panther then I'm fine.

#134 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeph Loeb is on my shite list. He honestly should lose his current position for this idiotic move.

The Ultimate Spider-Man show is awful. I gave it a fair shake at 8 mindless, ADHD fueled episodes. You want to cancel nuanced shows like EMH, The Spectacular Spider-Man, and Wolverine and the X-Men, in favor of more flashy garbage? Count me out.

#135 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

thats kinda sad :( I didn`t watch that show so often but I heard from a lot of people that it was nothing in comparison to young justice. I didn`t like that Natasha had an accent because it doesn`t make sence to me that an russian KGB SPY has an accent. I mean ...shouldn`t she be aible to infiltrate americans ??? but I got big hopes for the new show and I would love the idea that it would play in the same universe as ultimate spiderman since that one kinda plays in the same universe as the marvel movie line including avengers .

#136 Posted by Greendevil (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

new Spiderman SUCKS so hard. its just ridiculous.I saw 2-3 episodes and then i just couldn't. EMH is awesome (with crappy art) plz dont f&ck this one up to Marvel.

#137 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio

Further proof that Marvel doesn't know what it's doing with their animation.

Yeah, EMH had some rather sub-par animation, but the voice work was great and the series kept building on itself. Heck, I've seen the next few episodes (thanks to YouTube) and not only was the Secret Invasion fun but they laid the groundwork for some good stuff with Rulk and Winter Soldier. Heck, it made me even like Falcon - and I hate Falcon.

I don't need everything part of the same universe. I just want some quality entertainment, and they've now gotten rid of their second good series rather quickly.

#138 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and how Jeph Loeb still has a job in charge of Marvel TV is beyond me. I feel like I've been hearing for years about Jessica Jones and Hulk TV series....Loeb's all talk with no results.

#139 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
#140 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm officially done with Marvel Entertainment. Seriously, first Spectacular Spider-man, NOW THIS. F#CK YOU, LOEB!!!!!

#141 Edited by MsJustice (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Im so piss they finally make a show with Ms Marvel in it and there going to cancel it...I feel like my hearts been ripped out what the f*** Loebb. This was a great show and to finally see my favorite hero on screen was amazing and the new show is not even going to have her in it...What ever I think its a bad decision.

#142 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio
@BoOMbOoMpOw: Her accent only shows up in the series when she's being a double agent. It was actually a clever touch. She used the accent as a means of making herself sound more like a traitor.

When she's being sincere with Clint, and later on, she doesn't have it.
#143 Posted by sonicnevets (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude I can't believe Loeb actually said that in an interview. Does that dip actually think kids won't go out of their way to watch tv? This is the information age. If you miss an episode you can probably find it on the internet.

And on another note I bet there is some Disney exec. behind the scenes because everything Disney touches in cartoons turns to a stupid "kid's" show that even kids hate.

#144 Posted by chroinkero (68 posts) - - Show Bio

UGGGHHHHHHH That Sucks!!!!!!! Now for the next series we're going to have to sit through another ten episodes of origin stories!

#145 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Well damn :( Silver lining I suppose...but now we gotta suffer through possible origin stories all over again...

#146 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? AGAIN? THEY DO THIS TO ME AGAIN????????????

I love this show so much, omg, i've learned to love(and hate) all the characters, i follow everything and then they went and go cancel it....why?

this is like wolverine and the x-men all over again =[ omg WOE IS ME, WOE IS ME INDEED.

atleast they are going to replace it with a new show but...i'll have to re-learn to love all the characters again and start again

#147 Posted by Mina319 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#148 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529 said:

Animated Marvel got Nothing on DC animated ;)

amen.

#149 Posted by Darkmount1 (1276 posts) - - Show Bio

@Herokiller12344: With you on that!

#150 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10266 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and the Xmen

Spectacular Spiderman

And now this

WHAT THE HELL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.