'Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' Canceled

#51 Posted by leokearon (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad to see it go, but given the recent episodes it's not surprising

#52 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMMER I really have enjoyed this show and now they want to get rid of it. I mad now :/

#53 Posted by BatBen9135 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just upset that Wasp and Ant-Man are gone. They are freakin' founding members! Plus EMH represented them and their powers so well. Also, upset Ms. Marvel is gone too, I was loving her in EMH. To be honest, out of all the female members of the Avengers, Black Widow is my least favorite, and I know they are using her because of the movies, but couldn't they add at least another female member?

#54 Posted by Hellblazer344 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats what happens when you reschedule a show to sunday morning people wake up late ofr after to go to Church or something. Such a shame I loved this show.

#55 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Grrr argh. I don't like this news.

#56 Posted by butters911 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope Hank and Janet will be on this show.

#57 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

One does not simply see brilliant ideas from Marvel.

#58 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't even get mad anymore, Marvel broke my anger gland when I saw the Phoenix 5, now there's just a cold empty hatred threatening to consume all that it touches

#59 Edited by Namor1987 (1881 posts) - - Show Bio

EMH was good but dang the animation was really blocky. I hope Avengers Assemble doesn't go that route. Looks like Falcon might debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe too. Since this basically is the Marvel Cinematic Universe Avengers lineup

#60 Posted by SuperDoahBoy (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Their first mistake they made was changing the intro song, it was sick. I am a bit disappointed to see this show go, but it is what it is. It was a decent show but it did have its faults, so I'll get ready for this new show but as of right now I like DC animated shows better than Marvels.

On a side note, I was against the new Spider-Man show at first but it's okay. I honestly only like seeing everyone else except Spider-Man. Luke Cage, White Tiger, Iron Fist, The Hulk, and Taskmaster are some of my favs so far.

#61 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther was replaced by Falcon? ugh

Where are the Pyms?

FU Jeph Loeb

#62 Posted by MrMazz (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Leob is going to turn it into case of the week crap with little serialization of lasting character work.

#63 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

good job marvel.

#64 Posted by awesomeoclock (8 posts) - - Show Bio

"Let's replace an Avengers show with another Avengers show!" U: EMH is great, hopefully ins successor will do the same...

#65 Posted by RisingBean (3563 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel can go to hell for all I care. Between this and Spectacular Spider-Man, I refuse to bother with Marvel animation. I get invested in a successful series and then they pull the rug out without ever wrapping things up.

#66 Posted by n25philly (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, the second season has been nowhere near as good as the first so I'm not too surprised. Hopefully it won't be as painfully bad as Ultimate Spiderman. I still wish Marvel would get their act together and keep good shows on the air.

#67 Posted by Herokiller12344 (987 posts) - - Show Bio

.....Wait that doesn't make sense. It's a good show, and they never made it to Thanos.

What am I saying, I thought this show peaked when they beat Loki. I was never really interested, it still doesn't add up as to why they canceled it.

#68 Posted by Herokiller12344 (987 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHeat: Ah man, I was attracted to Wasp too.

#69 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Why fix what wasn't broken? And we haven't even gone into the Skrull Invasion as a whole yet!

I blame Jeph Loeb.

#70 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

o...k....

#71 Posted by xoptionm3 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Hectorsquall is right... especially since loeb has said that his new avengers show will be stand alone episodes in the same universe as ultimate spider-man with the same style animation... Nothing good can happen from EMH getting cancelled, there story lines, and cameos were excellent and avengers assemble is going to be geared for young children... sounds awful.

#72 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad at least they are replacing the show with another Avengers show.Do you think they will start the show all over again with this new series or continue where Earth Mightest Heroes left off?

#73 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

How lame.

#74 Posted by Herokiller12344 (987 posts) - - Show Bio

@DragonRex1: Ok I'm drawing a Blank here. Can someone explain to me just WHAT is so bad about Ultimate Spider-Man?

#75 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

The new show is going to basically be like USM but for Avengers.

#76 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Loeb needs to go. Nothing good can come from his involvement.

#77 Posted by notoriousmistersims (91 posts) - - Show Bio

so they cancel spect spiderman to gave us ultimate spider which is utter crap wasn't a big fan of the style of animation but if we get a avengers verison of the current spiderman its gon be more crap

#78 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall: Exact example I was going to use, folk. Marvel wanted to cut cost by moving studios on Ultimate and it's not even 1/1000th the show that Spectacular was. It shocks me to even know that the men of action are in any way shape or form involved with that dud. I predict Marvel taking another L in their animation game once EMH leaves the air.

#79 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Herokiller12344 said:

@DragonRex1: Ok I'm drawing a Blank here. Can someone explain to me just WHAT is so bad about Ultimate Spider-Man?

Because they ripped off Deadpool's sense of humor and got a terrible voice actor to do a terrible show that's for five year olds.

Whereas TSSM took its audience seriously and was clearly written for the fans.

#80 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe I was right about the cancellation... I really didn't want to be..

Blame Jeph Loeb.

#81 Posted by sithfrog (909 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't lie, sad to see EMH go. I am not pleased, nor do I fully understand their rational. I will however give AA a try, but frankly I am sick of the companies trying to make the movies be the mainstays for the characters. For example, remember when the X-Men in the comics switched to the black leather suits...Sure the movie poked fun at the costumes, but on the pages you want the bright colors. We have the same thing going on here. USM is set in the cinematic universe (I am on board with the majority, SSM was WAY better!) because the movies MUST set the standard. It's sad how disrespectful they can be towards decades of great source material.

None of the animated shows were 100% faithful to the comics, just like the movies aren't 100% faithful to the comics or the shows, and that's okay! Obviously we are willing to accept that if it is done correctly. Please don't insult our intelligence and respect for the art by trying to insist that everything be like the movies. The Avengers was a phenomenal film, but at the end of the day I still love EMH and love the comics.

#82 Posted by That60sGuy (286 posts) - - Show Bio

This makes me sad...

I'm off to watch re-runs of Spider-Man TAS and X-Men TAS from the early 90s in a continuous loop until the world ends...

#83 Edited by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

....wait, wasn't this announced ages ago? I've seen discussions about it for a while now.

Anyways, I hear they want to make the upcoming Hulk & Agents of S.M.A.S.H similar to Ultimate Spiderman in terms of style/humour. Wonder if they plan to do the same with the new Avengers cartoon (personally...Ult. Spiderman just hasn't been my cup of tea, so I probably wouldn't enjoy more like it being produced...)

#84 Posted by AlKusanagi (593 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell?!? First Spectacular Spider-Man and now this? Why does Marvel hate good TV shows?

#85 Posted by Dark_Phoenix00x (120 posts) - - Show Bio

So they are doing a completely new show that has nothing to do with the Avengers show that is currently on TV? What is wrong with Marvel, quit rebooting everything Marvel!!!!

#86 Posted by DrewHLMW (53 posts) - - Show Bio

sad to hear but as long as the new show isn't the same style as ultimate spiderman then it should be fine.

but with rumours of hulk agents of smash going to be the same style of show as ultimate spiderman it wouldn't surprise me if the new avengers is too which sadly means I wont be watching any more marvel animation.

#87 Edited by Darkmount1 (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

I--WANT--THOSE--HACKS--FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, Marty Robbins:

#88 Posted by Spiderslike (652 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see the sense behind this the show wasn't my favorite but didn't need to be canceled. Ultimate Spider-Man on the other hand does it shouldn't even be on Disney move all superhero shows to cartoon network and they'll last the demographic for Disney just can't handle these shows thats the problem.

#89 Posted by UnosInfinitos (148 posts) - - Show Bio

That sucks I wasn't really much of fan of the animation but the story and action was pretty awesome, I liked it enough watch every episode so far and they're canceling it to make way for a movie spin off?

Well lets be hopeful not every reboot is going to be an Ultimate Spider-Man.

#90 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

#91 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeph Loeb is the worst thing to happen to the animation part of Marvel.

That new Avengers show will just be recycling what the movies did and it'll be BORING!

#92 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I am glad at least they are replacing the show with another Avengers show.Do you think they will start the show all over again with this new series or continue where Earth Mightest Heroes left off?

Jeph Loeb HATES Earth Mightiest Heroes. This is the same guy who believes that kids don't want story arcs or two parter episodes. Meanwhile, Korra is getting great ratings.

But seriously, I'm expecting the worst, seeing how Marvel wants everything like that awful Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

#93 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Earth's Mightiest Heroes! The characters were portrayed the way I wanted them to act: awesome. NO FAIR!!

It's not good for Marvel to control the show. They'll make the avengers just like their comic coutnerparts and cram spider-man and wolverine everywhere! Are they so insecure that they have to cancel a great cartoon because it doesn't jump through teir hoops?

YOU SUCK MARVEL!!!!

#94 Posted by mallew3k (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh good, I really hated the art style.

#95 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca: I agree legend of Korra and Young Justice is great at making kids love their cartoons, but still knows how to build great story and makes adults like it also. But Marvel just makes all their shows very kiddy

#96 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok......... bu-hu :( , but please, if you're going to reboot it, please, PLEASE don't put it in the same nuiverse than Ultimate Spiderman PLEASE I actually kinda like it, but because it's Spidey (plus 200% more silly jokes but still), you can't make that to the Avengers, U CAN'T!!!

#97 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spiderman is sooooo bad. EMH in comparison was good.

#98 Posted by airbound_dude (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes: my money would go at starting all over again....if this new show is like ultimate spider man....marvel will mess up again.

#99 Posted by Darkmount1 (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon: Forget good, it was BETTER. Those idiots in charge of Marvel Animation have really blown it this time--and I'm not going to take it anymore:

#100 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

One time we get a great animation series, they cancelled. I can't believe this. I really think the next show will be a #^@$^#@ based on the movie. I'm angry and sad with this decision. Marvel: 1 point less.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.