'Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' Canceled

Posted by G-Man (30642 posts) - - Show Bio

For months there's been rumors that The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was going to be canceled. This didn't make any sense since the show was so well received along along with the fact that the movie was so successful. The show did a lot to prepare audiences for the movie and was appearing to be a possible place to try out new ideas like Guardians of the Galaxy or Beta Ray Bill to gauge what audience reaction would be.

Sadly, Marvel released an official press release (according to Marvel TV News) stating the series would not be renewed for a third season.

What's the good news?

Marvel will replace EMH with their own new show, Avengers Assemble in 2013.

Why? What's the difference. I guess this new show would be completely produced and under Marvel's control. In many ways, that will be a good thing. It's just unfortunate that EMH has to go away.

Staff Online
#1 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7583 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a real shame and quite the double edged sword, loved this show.

#2 Posted by The Stegman (23058 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh, why does everything I love always die?

#3 Posted by airbound_dude (65 posts) - - Show Bio

once again marvel has given the axe to something that was not broken. this one joins spectacular spider man in the list of great shows that were cut down before their time...so sad

#4 Posted by comix christian (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Never really got into this show, hopefully Avengers Assemble will have better animation, 'cause EMH looks really, really bad (Is it just me or does the second season look even worse then the first?) And the story seems to be going nowhere second season, just a lot of poorly animated guest stars...

#5 Posted by laabitres (354 posts) - - Show Bio

i know im kind asad thi sshow was awesome but its all good now marvels in control they been messin up on allot n DC has been doin better in about everything but movies lol

#6 Posted by Ms. Omega (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

Great another good show gone :(

#7 Edited by shackle (215 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be willing to bet the new show will be superior, and the whining over the demise of EMH is going to look pretty silly when AA debuts.

#8 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the new show is as good or better, because the Spidey cartoon is just lame.

#9 Posted by texgnome1 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I understand, this is completely at the direction of Jeph Loeb. He wants to replace it with somethign else. Yet another example of "fixing" something that isn't broken. *sigh*

#10 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

I JUST caught up to the most current episode last night and was thinking how amazing the show was and that they couldn't possibly cancel it ....RARRRGHLLL.

If this new show DOES happen and has the same Voice cast, then fine!

#11 Edited by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really liked Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The animation style was not to my liking, and I thought they threw far too much into the mix. Hopefully with Avengers Assemble, it'll be more focussed and more driven. The poster looks good, so I'm excited to see what Marvel offers us on their own!

Also, can this confirm that we'll be seeing Falcon in the Cinematic Universe very soon? To include the six MCU Avengers (especially with Hawkeye in a very Ultimate/MCU uniform) and then Falcon? They're clearly using this cartoon to get more children into Marvel and hopefully into the movies, so it makes a lot of sense to introduce them to characters here before the MCU.

#12 Posted by ambigu0us (41 posts) - - Show Bio

That's just frustrating.

#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12518 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm f\|~in done with animated Marvel. I'm not putting up with their crap a second longer.

#14 Posted by CaptainUseless (730 posts) - - Show Bio
@jcbart said:

I never really liked Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The animation style was not to my liking, and I thought they threw far too much into the mix. Hopefully with Avengers Assemble, it'll be more focussed and more driven. The poster looks good, so I'm excited to see what Marvel offers us on their own!

Also, can this confirm that we'll be seeing Falcon in the Cinematic Universe very soon? To include the six MCU Avengers (especially with Hawkeye in a very Ultimate/MCU uniform) and then Falcon?

I completely agree. And I bet Falcon will be in Captain America 2.
#15 Edited by NightFang (9871 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

I hope the new show is as good or better, because the Spidey cartoon is just lame.

Avengers Assemble is said too be set in the same universe as Ultimate Spider-Man.

#16 Posted by starrk_coyote (620 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess this new avengers show will be a Serious take on the avengers..... :)

#17 Posted by BigBDawg (263 posts) - - Show Bio

It really is a double edged sword that Avengers EMH is gonna be cancelled. I wonder how Avengers Assemble will do, especially with the rumor of it being set in the same universe as Ultimate Spider-Man. Ialso wonder besides Steve, Tony, Thor, Bruce, Clint, Natasha, and Sam who else will show up in it.

#18 Posted by fps_dean (255 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't a huge fan of the animation style of EMH, but overall I am a huge fan of the show. I thought they did a good job with the storylines and everything else though.

I hope Avengers Assemble is at least just as good.

#19 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@shackle said:

I'd be willing to bet the new show will be superior, and the whining over the demise of EMH is going to look pretty silly when AA debuts.

Yeaaah, and some people were willing to bet that Ultimate Spider-Man would be better than Spectacular Spider-Man. Guess that the whining over the demise of that show looks silly now, right?

#20 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated Marvel got Nothing on DC animated ;)

#21 Posted by SHARKBEARAGATOR (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

I never understood why people didn't like Avengers EMH art style it was inspired by Jack Kirby.

#22 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Assemble better not be alligned with Ultimate Spider Man

#23 Posted by deadpool25mm (577 posts) - - Show Bio

No!!! this show was awesome!!! whyyyyyy!!!

#24 Posted by chrisrea (1 posts) - - Show Bio

No doubt we'll watch the new show in our house, but what a shame. Ultimate Spider-Man is a piss-poor show compared to Spectacular, and I have little hope Assemble will be better than Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Really, my big question for Marvel is, "Great, now are you going to make a decent Avengers comic that my son (or the public) can read?"

#25 Posted by danhimself (22283 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope that it's not going to be similar to Ultimate Spider-man...that show is horrible

#26 Posted by G-Man (30642 posts) - - Show Bio

This, of course, says it all.

Staff Online
#27 Posted by daedalus25 (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. What's the point of this, Marvel? Once again trying to fix something that's already working perfectly. (Just like you're doing with Ms. Marvel.)

#28 Posted by grifter78 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry Tony, but Earth's Mightiest Heroes was not a good show. It was very basic and boring. I hope they take more time on Avengers Assemble.

#29 Posted by Robrat93 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully this will be like Ultimate Spiderman, pretty excited

#30 Posted by MatKrenz (1233 posts) - - Show Bio
FFFFUUUUUU Face
#31 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a real shame. I heard they're trying to create an animated universe again, so this will be in the same style as Ultimate Spider-man so the two can inter cross

#32 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (58 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the one few comic book shows that I've been able to stomach over the past 10 years. No real gimmicks, just really good writing with snippets and nods to the comics. Is there any news how many episodes season 2 will end on?

#33 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel making bad decisions and canceling another successful show? So shocking.

#34 Posted by TheHeat (450 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love Avergers:EMH. I read that Avengers Assemble is going to be more kid-like as Ultimate Spider-Man. Sucks that Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, and Wasp are going to be replaced by Falcon and Black Widow. LAME!

#35 Posted by BritishMonkey (320 posts) - - Show Bio

and all of this is jeph loebs fault

fucking loeb

#36 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

R.I.P you crappy show.

#37 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHeat said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love Avergers:EMH. I read that Avengers Assemble is going to be more kid-like as Ultimate Spider-Man. Sucks that Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, and Wasp are going to be replaced by Falcon and Black Widow. LAME!
#38 Posted by TenEyedMen (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@grifter78 said:

I'm sorry Tony, but Earth's Mightiest Heroes was not a good show. It was very basic and boring. I hope they take more time on Avengers Assemble.

"Basic"? "Boring"? Bwahahahahahah, who said there were no comedians on the internet?

#39 Posted by TenEyedMen (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti said:

The style of animation looks a lot cooler than Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which I never was able to get into.

THAT'S NOT THE STYLE OF ANIMATION!!!!!!!!!!

That's just a promo shot of the costumes used.

#40 Posted by TheHeat (450 posts) - - Show Bio
@Or35ti said:

The style of animation looks a lot cooler than Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which I never was able to get into.

You do know that picture is not going to be the style of animation, right? That's just a promo poster drawn by some comic book artist.
#41 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate this. EMH is the best marvel cartoon in years. excellent series. if the new cartoon is anything like ultimate spider-man. i will not be happy.

#42 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2233 posts) - - Show Bio

It could end up being a really great show, but them canceling a show I already watch and love to put on a new show makes me not want to give the new show a chance.

In an interview I read recently Loeb said that EMH started after he became in charge of Marvel media (or whatever his job title is, I don't remember) and also said that they want less serial shows or more stand alone episodes to shows that you can miss one and still not miss the story. You can skip one episode and not worry that you have to get caught up. In some ways this is what I loved about EMH and what I still love about Young Justice. The intricate storylines that evolve and shape the season. But in other ways I lived shows like Timm's Batman and Superman which were also less serialized. So maybe that wont change things. I want to see what the character designs will look like and how the animation is, before I fully judge the new show. But replacing EMH with this new show reminds me of when they fired Norm McDonald from Weekend Update and replaced him with Colin Quinn, the anger from the fans never let Quinn show what he could do I think. I might actually like this new show if they hadn't destroyed a show I love to make it.

#43 Posted by Inverno (13061 posts) - - Show Bio

@chrisrea said:

No doubt we'll watch the new show in our house, but what a shame. Ultimate Spider-Man is a piss-poor show compared to Spectacular, and I have little hope Assemble will be better than Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Really, my big question for Marvel is, "Great, now are you going to make a decent Avengers comic that my son (or the public) can read?"

My thoughts exactly my friend.

#44 Posted by Doitmikestyle (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, this is too bad. However, for all you whackos out here complaining how BAD and LOUSY this show is, IT IS A KIDS SHOW that happens to be pretty good for adults to watch as well-Stop being nerds. My kids and I love this show and watch a new episode every weekend, we have already caught up with all the episodes(The Vision) for this season. Sad it is gone. Lets hope the AA movie is very close in story type as EMH.

#45 Posted by Overlander (430 posts) - - Show Bio

EMH has been the best comic book show of all time.

#46 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if this show isn't better than emh then I'm going to be mad.

#47 Posted by DragonRex1 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

So where's the GOOD news?

Marvel has proven they SHOULDN'T have full control over the animated stuff with Ultimate Spider-Man.

#48 Posted by Grimoire (531 posts) - - Show Bio

They never utilized the Hulk anyway so C'est la vie. lol

#49 Posted by CircularLogic (282 posts) - - Show Bio

There gonna feel really bad announcing this, especially when Ultimate Spider-man gets inevitably cancelled since no one seems to really like the show, critic or fan. This is gonna bit them on the @ss, just saying.

#50 Posted by benhoot (18 posts) - - Show Bio

New theme song tho

"We will fight as one, until the battles won, one times one is one, forever fight as one!"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.