Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers being unreasonable lately. The Avengers #8

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Possible spoilers*

So cap was on the verge of talking the kid down then hulk attacks, followed by Hyperion and Thor.

Out of line? Do you think this makes them look like the bad guys here, and totally out of character for the team?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wasn't there another thread like this?

In my opinion, I don't think the Avengers were out-on-line. Frankly, it kind of seemed like Captain Universe's fault. She was the one who nonchalantly told the kid he killed all those people, which caused him to freak out and go 'active'. Hulk was only trying to stop him before he went nova again and blew everything up as with the school.

But after disarming Hulk, remember that Hyperion told the kid to stand down, but the kid explicitly refused. Considering he's basically a planetary-level threat who doesn't want to surrender, what choice did Cap have but to quickly defuse the situation before things escalated? He tried diplomacy, but things were really starting to hit the fan.

I don't think they were out of line, and I think the team made the right call. It was just a tense situation that needed a tough decision.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I go by the strict theory that if someone blasts someone as powerful as the Hulk offworld, then they have permission to attack.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.