Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers: Battle for Earth video-game details...

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Deranged Midget

And I'm not too impressed... For anyone too lazy to click the link, it basically describes that the game is being developed by Ubisoft Quebec and it will be released on Xbox 360 and WiiU. Yes, you read correctly... Wii U. The game is stated to be purely motion controlled and will be based off the Secret Invasion story-line.

I personally see this being just as bad as Star Wars Kinect, but I could just as easily be proven wrong. I hope I am but given games solely based around motion controls, their track record isn't the best.

Thoughts?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

No PS3 is a deal-breaker for me.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

Who honestly knows. No company has fully and properly utilized the Kinect enough for anyone to give an opinion. Exercise and video games don't work, anyway.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Sounds like a wasted opportunity. I'm sure it'll make them a decent amount of cash, but I can't see actual gamers being too thrilled about this. Obviously this is jumping the gun based on limited information... but hey, isn't that what we do as fans?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024 said:

No PS3 is a deal-breaker for me.

Be thankful for that mate. These type of games merely taint the 360 lately...

@k4tzm4n said:

Sounds like a wasted opportunity. I'm sure it'll make them a decent amount of cash, but I can't see actual gamers being too thrilled about this. Obviously this is jumping the gun based on limited information... but hey, isn't that what we do as fans?

Well said and true. Why can't they just make another GOOD Ultimate Alliance or continue off of the cancelled Avengers game. It actually looked pretty good. I can see this game as merely being targeted towards younger audiences since I, and most likely most older gamers, aren't too fond of motion controls.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeanroygrant

@k4tzm4n said:

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Who honestly knows. No company has fully and properly utilized the Kinect enough for anyone to give an opinion. Exercise and video games don't work, anyway.

Couldn't agree more. The best Nintendo games were the ones before the moving around gimmicks.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Deranged Midget said:

Why can't they just make another GOOD Ultimate Alliance or continue off of the cancelled Avengers game.

This. I want this so bad.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deranged Midget

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Why can't they just make another GOOD Ultimate Alliance or continue off of the cancelled Avengers game.

Everyone does mate.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Deranged Midget said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Everyone does mate.

But why? Why would they make a game like this? Damn you, Kinect. I'm glad the PS Move never really got big.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deranged Midget

@TheGreyOutcastX: My guess is because Kinect has sold quite a lot and they know that it will target young kids specifically and they really don't care how they're playing the game.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Deranged Midget said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: My guess is because Kinect has sold quite a lot and they know that it will target young kids specifically and they really don't care how they're playing the game.

Ugh....what happened to trying to make good comic games?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget

@TheGreyOutcastX: There are good comic book games besides the Arkham series? Blasphemy.

@BlueLantern1995: Meh, Ultimate Alliance 2 could've been good, but they messed up the roster, story was far too short, and graphics took a turn for the worse.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#14  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Deranged Midget said:

@BlueLantern1995: Meh, Ultimate Alliance 2 could've been good, but they messed up the roster, story was far too short, and graphics took a turn for the worse.

MUA2 had great graphics, but the first game surpassed it in the fact that it's storyline was really it's own and much more interesting as it had you go fomr literally one end of the universe to the other, to Asgard, and so forth; if they do make a third game I wish they would return to how they made the first concerning the storyline and all of the characters you encounter during the game but work on the graphics.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By daredevil21134

@War Killer said:

@Deranged Midget said:

MUA2 had great graphics, but the first game surpassed it in the fact that it's storyline was really it's own and much more interesting as it had you go fomr literally one end of the universe to the other, to Asgard, and so forth; if they do make a third game I wish they would return to how they made the first concerning the storyline and all of the characters you encounter during the game but work on the graphics.

I agree

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Deranged Midget

@War Killer said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I guess it's all a matter of opinion. I liked the look and feel of MUA1. It was more "original" to say the least. Civil War was an amazing story-line, but it didn't translate into the gaming scene that well. Like you said, the original was far better due to having it's own story-line and the roster wasn't restricted to the boundaries of the story it followed.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Jorgevy

Playing video games should be enough exercise. I mean, I move around so much and jump and tilt and do a bunch of crazy stuff while playing. Im pretty sure I burn more stuff doing that than playing with Kinect or Wii

Also, NO PS3 or PC??? Screw you game companies

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing Marvel Nemesis on the PS2 recently. Such an Under-rated game! It's so fun to play with friends. If they could make an all platforms Avengers game with a large variety of Characters and a Versus Mode it could become very popular. Imagine having a list of Playable Characters with different skins: Captain America (masked and unmasked) , Iron Man (alternate armors) , Thor (Chainmail and Cape and Sleeveless), Hulk( Red Hulk?) and a large list of other characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Hawkeye,Black Widow, Nick Fury, Maria Hill , Agent Coulsen, Loki , Thanos , Whiplash (Armor and no Armor) , Iron Monger, Abomination , Laufey the Frost Giant King , Odin , Sif , The Warriors Three, The Destroyer, Red Skull. And you could have these characters fight each other in fully destructible areas , cities, skyscrapers, throwing cars, Helicarrier , online gameplay , Asgard, Stark Tower, and have an Awesome Stroyline and an option to free-roam. Also a Chitauri beatdown is in order. MAKE IT HAPPEN MARVEL!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.