Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers Assemble- Your opinion

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

2 Episodes have come out so far. Opinions?

Compared to Earth Mightiest heroes, it stinks. By itself...it stinks less.

JollyClown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes;

No Caption Provided

Avengers Assemble;

No Caption Provided

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boy, that's harsh.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's alright...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It doesn't seem all that different yet.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This new one lacks any charm whatsoever, even compared to Ultimate Spider-Man.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is okay so far,but I liked the former better.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
    beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

This new one lacks any charm whatsoever, even compared to Ultimate Spider-Man.

Seriously this. I watched the first 2 episodes last night and it was a CHORE to get through them. There are too many gags during the srsbusiness and they even admitted that in episode 1 and continued to do it. Not everything needs a funny(subjective) one liner that isn't even funny. Also Thor seems more of an idiot than in EMH and that's just bad. He seems like a blubbering idiot brick. Hulk seems smarter than him and that's kind of an issue. The designs are decent but I despise how Tony said "Mark 50" and next thing you know, the exact same suit he was wearing before pops up.

All in all it tried to do too much and I'm pissed all over again that EMH got cancelled for this piece of crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't enjoy episode 3 that much either.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By Pokeysteve

Just finished the first 2 episodes and I'm really disappointed. EMH was great and they replaced it with this crap. Decisions like that is why DC will always be ahead when it comes to animation.

It's also impossible to not notice the references to the movie they kept shoving in your face. It was a hit. We get it.

Tony as the leader?! It makes sense I guess since Cap is a soldier and was trained to follow with out question but it just feels wrong.

It's only redeeming qualities were that it did make me laugh here and there and Fred Tatasciore back voicing the Hulk. He is to Hulk what Conroy is to Batman.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have nothing nice to say.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By tg1982

I only saw the pilot episode, I don't get the channel. But I thought it was alright, Avengers: EMH is/was better, but Avengers Assemble isn't horrible. At least not in my opinion. The only complaint I have is Cap not being leader, if it's based off of the movie then Cap should be the leader, if it's supposed to be an "extension" of Avengers: EMH then Cap should be the leader. But it's still not bad, IMO.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Its not that bad in my opinion. EMH was of the same quality. EMH just didn't tell as many lame jokes.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Fact that they got rid of EMH for this honestly makes me lose faith in humanity.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I've made my opinion on the show known several times, so this is pretty much it. I hate it.

1. We had constant claims that this will be a CONTINUATION of EMH, but it isn't. The team is disbanded in the first episode for some reason (hostilities perhaps?) and have to get back together, though while in EMH they feel like a team, and work together well, here they just seem distant from one another and show none of the teamwork they once had. Also, how is Falcon a newb in this show, but a seasoned fighter in EMH? Yeah, it's not a continuation, no matter what the writers say.

2. The voice acting is horrid. Besides the fact that Hawkeye, Cap and Iron man sound almost identical, we have Thor who was a pain to listen to, and Black Widow who doesn't have a hint of Russian in her. At least in EMH she switched back and forth in accents.

3. Predictable, boring plot. The plot for the first episode is this, Cap is thought to be killed by Red Skull, and Iron Man gets the team back together to avenge him, though Cap ISN'T dead (shocker right?) but held captive. The second episode is even worse, as Tony is left near death in the first episode, but recovers instantly with a new improved suit (that literally shows nothing new from his previous suit) and now the team is controlled by nanites and end up fighting each other, cause we haven't seen THAT before. At the end of the day, Falcon and Thor save them all...kinda. We see Thor vs Hulk fight each other IN BOTH EPISODES. We get it, they're the strongest, do they have to keep fighting??

4. Thor is portrayed as an immature youngster who only cares about fighting and is constantly ''sparring'' with the Hulk instead of acting like his normal self.

5. The animation is worst than EMH

6. Falcon is there for no reason, why not have Black Panther? At least he served a greater purpose

7. Every attempt at "humor'' they made fell flat and was cheesier than Kraft singles. Hawkeye went from being hilarious in EMH to eye roll worthy.

Overall, the show is very, very disappointing.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Falcon is there because he is a classic character and will be in the Captain America Winter Solider film. So they are creating exposure. Although I most certainly would've preferred Black Panther.

Avatar image for captainamerica119
    Captainamerica119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Spiderman is almost as good as is it. That's saying something. I wanted to like this show so much, but I just can't.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

@blkson said:

@the_stegman: Falcon is there because he is a classic character and will be in the Captain America Winter Solider film. So they are creating exposure. Although I most certainly would've preferred Black Panther.

I know WHY Falcon is there in terms of promoting his part in the films, but I don't like that he's there, he's inferior to Black Panther in everyway, it's like the JL replacing Batman with Wildcat or something.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Avengers Assemble;

No Caption Provided

Well done, sir!

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blkson said:

I know WHY Falcon is there in terms of promoting his part in the films, but I don't like that he's there, he's inferior to Black Panther in everyway, it's like the JL replacing Batman with Wildcat or something.

Ok I can see how would say that.

BTW It think is has been confirmed that BP will show up. so that'll be cool.

Avatar image for dtslanterncorps
    DTSLanternCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Civil War over Cookies.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Veshark

No Caption Provided

Avengers Assemble;

No Caption Provided

This.

I just sat through the latest episode. I know it's only been four episodes but lord, this show stinks. It just tries so hard to have that Whedon touch of comedic dialogue like in the movie, and fails absolutely. There is no sense of humor or character dynamics in this show. All it is are characters trying to act like smartasses, coupled with dull action scenes.

What made EMH so great (among many other things) was that it payed homage to both classic and modern Avengers stories, it had ambitious and epic subplots that ran across multiple episodes, and it treated the characters like real, actual heroes. Captain America was inspiring, Tony was trying to make the world a better place, Thor was a noble warrior, Hulk a conflicted monster, Wasp a fun-loving socialite and so on. These were Avengers that we could root for, and right off the bat, we got a sense of who each hero was.

In this series, all we get is LOOK HOW FUNNY TONY IS, coupled with some awkward banter about cookies, the Avengers acting like petulant little children, and both Thor and Hulk being dumb brutes. They're just cardboard caricatures, they share the likeness of the Avengers, but none of their personalities. And all we get are cookie-cutter plots. I hear the next episode will have a demonic-possessed Hulk. Because the Avengers fighting among themselves in 3/4 of all the episodes released so far wasn't enough.

Sigh.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By TDK_1997

The show sucks.There have been only two episodes but those episodes didn't show me a simple reason why I should give a damn about the show and why I should even watch it.It doesn't live up to Earth's Mightiest Heroes and I can't see how it will even do it.The animation isn't as bad as I thought but is still something really bad.The voice actors are one of the worst I have ever heard.ANd the last this is the fact that the idea for the gathering of the team again was one of the biggest cliches ever and I just didn't like it at all.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and for all you EMH fans, if you guys and gals could take a short minute out of your day to check out my top ten favorite EMH episodes, I'd definitely appreciate it. Don't forget to leave a comment!

Shameless promotion? Psssh whatever do you mean?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.