Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers Assemble & Hulk Agents of SMASH Release Date

Kyzuko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JonSmith

Kyzuko, count yourself lucky Comicvine is not Sparta. Because I would kick you into a bottomless pit for posting this article.

It just makes me sad. From them calling "Ultimate Spider-man" a "HIT SERIES!" to them saying that this will be 'marking the first time in animation history this distinct team of heroes will join forces'. That only works if you don't count Earth's Mightiest Heroes, minus Falcon. A great show WHICH WAS CANCELED FOR THIS ONE. Granted, I haven't seen Avengers Assemble yet, so I'm still willing to give it a shot. But the fact that EMH was canceled for it leaves a bad taste in my mouth after how Spectacular Spider-Man got taken out for Ultimate.

As for Hulk: Agents of Smash... I've already read elsewhere that this will be in the same kiddy vein of Ultimate. And thus, they've managed to kill my interest in seeing Hulk, Skaar, and She-Hulk interact on television.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Stormbox

That hulk promo art is horribly kiddy-looking

Kyzuko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kyzuko

@JonSmith: I feel you man :( the only time I've ever dedicated 6 hours to something was when I had seen almost all of the 2nd season of EMH. I won't forgive Marvel if they make this show like USM.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Okay seriously, WHY do they keep making Iron Man the leader of the team?! I know he's more well known and better received by non-comic readers, but Cap was the leader of the team in the movie and is the leader in the comics, so why does Marvel keep pushing him to the side in favor of Iron Man? That really just annoys me... -__-

methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By methias

@JonSmith said:

to them saying that this will be 'marking the first time in animation history this distinct team of heroes will join forces'. That only works if you don't count Earth's Mightiest Heroes, minus Falcon. A great show WHICH WAS CANCELED FOR THIS ONE.

Or on Super Hero Squad

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@JonSmith said:

Kyzuko, count yourself lucky Comicvine is not Sparta. Because I would kick you into a bottomless pit for posting this article.

It just makes me sad. From them calling "Ultimate Spider-man" a "HIT SERIES!" to them saying that this will be 'marking the first time in animation history this distinct team of heroes will join forces'. That only works if you don't count Earth's Mightiest Heroes, minus Falcon. A great show WHICH WAS CANCELED FOR THIS ONE. Granted, I haven't seen Avengers Assemble yet, so I'm still willing to give it a shot. But the fact that EMH was canceled for it leaves a bad taste in my mouth after how Spectacular Spider-Man got taken out for Ultimate.

As for Hulk: Agents of Smash... I've already read elsewhere that this will be in the same kiddy vein of Ultimate. And thus, they've managed to kill my interest in seeing Hulk, Skaar, and She-Hulk interact on television.

Wanna know what pisses me off most? If they used the creative team, the characters and the whole set-up well they could actually have made a brilliant show out of USM. Instead we get shit story, bad character portrayal and so much toy marketing its bordering on stupid. I would have been less pissed if i'd thought they were doing the best with what they had but they aren't. They've got all the right pieces. It almost seems like they are screwing up on purpose to be honest lol.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JonSmith

@Strider92 said:

It almost seems like they are screwing up on purpose to be honest lol.

More like they've forgotten they have fans that were there BEFORE all the movies. They're trying to appeal entirely to the kids and people who came over from the movies as their base, forgetting that the reason most of us went to see them is because we're fans of the comics. Their using the basis as "These guys don't know these characters from beyond the movies, so we've got a clean slate to do with as we will!" So they market the shows to the timeslots and demographics of their choosing, since they're apparently not weighed down by the 'burden' of continuity or people who have experience with the original characters. "Spider-man breaking the fourth wall?! Genius! Mortal Kombat style FIGHT announcement during a serious battle?! Perfect! Our Venom?! A work of art! Truly we are genius' with these brand new characters!" Etc.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

Both shows have awful art style.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.