Avengers Arch-Nemesis?

#1 Posted by saoakden (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers have fought a number of villains over the years. They fought villains that range from being humans to gods, to robots to aliens as well as mutants. Here is what I want to be sure on. Do they have an arch-enemy or arch-nemesis? The X-Men have Magneto and his brotherhood of Mutants, the Fantastic Four have Doctor Doom, the Green Lantern Corps have Sinestro, Teen Titans have Deathstroke and the Justice League have the Legion of Doom in the cartoons. Basically those teams either have one guy or a group of bad guys as a nemesis.

If the Avengers don't have an offical nemesis, I can think of a number of villains that could possibly fit the bill. I think Ultron, Thanos, Loki Masters of Evil or the Dark Avengers could qualify to be their nemesis.

Ultron was created by one of the founding members of the Avengers that went rogue and tries to kill them. The guy has a very personal connection to the team since he was created to help but basically said screw that. His "Father" is Hank Pym and he did create Vision a member of the Avengers.

Thanos is an alien titan that have fought the Avengers a number of times so he can be with Death and has use the infinity gems to defeat them or help achieve his goals.

Loki is the God of Mischeif and Thor's arch-rivial. He is the very reason the Avengers are around to begin with.

The Masters of Evil can most likely be seen as the Avengers arch-nemesis. They first appeared in The Avengers #6, and ever since then, they have been a recurring enemy. Some of the members have a some connection to one of the heroes on the Avengers like Baron Zemo and Captain America. Their main goal is to take over the world and the Avengers are there to stop them. At one point, the Masters of Evil were the Thunderbolts that were suppose to win the hearts of the public so Baron Zemo can take over the world.

The Dark Avengers can be seen as an arch-nemesis to the New Avengers and the Mighty Avengers during the Dark Regin and Siege. The members of the Dark Avengers are usually villains posing as heroes like the original Thunderbolts. The first group of Dark Avengers were villains that had some kind of connection to the New Avengers. Osborn and Venom with Spidey, Daken & Wolverine, eventually Moonstone & Ms. Marvel.

What do you guys think? I know these arguements aren't that good, but I tried to touch at least one reason why one of these guys can be labelled as the Avengers nemesis.

#2 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

there is one guy. what was his name? oh yeah KANG!!!

#3 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I expect loads of ignorant Avengers "fans" to yell Loki ¬_¬

#4 Posted by saoakden (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: I completely forgot about Kang. My bad.

@X35: Are you refering to the the fans that saw the movie and not picked up a single issue of Avengers?

#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Brian Michael Bendis

#6 Edited by FearTheLiving (2950 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure, I like all their villains. I guess if I had to chose who I'd think would be their arch-nemesis it be Ultron. Created by the Avengers, and in turn creates an Avenger always liked that.

#7 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

ultron kang and loki

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Brian Michael Bendis

Bendis is more of an all Marvel enemy

#9 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Ultron
  • Kang The Conquer
  • Masters of Evil
  • Grim Reaper
  • Loki
  • Hulk
#10 Posted by TheCannon (18352 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Masters of Evil or Loki. Leaning towards the Masters

#11 Posted by darktiger (4462 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Either Masters of Evil or Loki. Leaning towards the Masters

agreed my friend

#12 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron IMO.

#13 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

zombie howard the duck is the avengers arch nemisis

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

If its not Bendis, my answer is Ultron. Loki isn't as big as an enemy to the team than he is to Thor, and Thanos (to my knowledge) has only dealt with the team a handful of times. Admittedly, I don't know much about Kang, but I don't think he has connections as personal as Ultron's.

#15 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3780 posts) - - Show Bio

All of these villains are good, but my fav is Ultron. Cold, calculating and ruthless. And(maybe)it's all because of daddy issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.