Avengers Alliance Facebook Game Launches

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're looking for another online distraction that could further fuel your love of comic books then the all-new Marvel: Avengers Alliance Facebook game might be just what the doctor ordered. We previously reported on the game when we got our first look at what it had to offer, but now the game is available to the public. That's right! No more waiting to create a team of your favorite Avengers to play alongside your customizable Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., now you can actually play with your friends.

If you haven't yet checked out the game and all it has to offer, then take a look at the behind-the-scenes trailer from Playdom for the game which features a little bit of the creative process as well as some actual game-play footage. Be sure to check out images from the game itself. If you are interested in the game, you can play on Facebook for free by checking out and becoming a fan of the Marvel: Avengers Alliance Facebook page. What do you think of the game? Have you tried playing it yet?

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this looks amazing! All the more reason for me to be on FB more often :)

#2 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8748 posts) - - Show Bio

The graphics look really good for a FB game

#3 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY LORD That's why I haven't cancelled my facebook :D GOT TO TRY NOW!!!!!!

#4 Posted by sparty-dbq (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Tremble before Luke Cage and his almighty FACE PUNCH -unch -unch -unch -unch.

#5 Posted by danhimself (21898 posts) - - Show Bio

it's really really really really repetitive

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27238 posts) - - Show Bio

No Black Panther?

#7 Posted by Billy_Shock (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm, another reason to avoid facebook.

#8 Posted by zombietag (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

no spider-man shots? really?

#9 Posted by Icon (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't this been available for a little while? I've been playing it for a couple weeks now.

#10 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1501 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat is an Avenger now?

#11 Posted by StarKiller809 (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

I really though this game sounded really fun, but after looking at the screen shots, it wasn't what I was expecting. I wonder if it's any good?

#12 Edited by Manchine (3625 posts) - - Show Bio

Been playing it for a while Just look for AGENT MANCHINE. Its only been available a couple of days.

#13 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

Wish there was more customization for 'our' Agent. In fact I wish we could of just built our own super hero instead.

#14 Posted by CODYSF (2047 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks really generic

#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

This is addicting.

#16 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the new image of Marvel Avengers Alliance when the game starts loading.

#17 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm feeling this game. I like it.

#18 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped playing. It keeps telling me I need more energy, and I don't have the gold to buy it. I don't want to be that guy who keeps requesting my friends for it either.

Also, it takes a really long time to level up. Been playing for over an hour and Black Widow's still on level 1.

#19 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

Black Cat is an Avenger now?

Bahahahaha!

#20 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

It sounds ideal. I wouldn't expect anything superior, it is an online app after all. I won't be playing it. Aside from Facebook being a check-in-and-out email now, I avoid any part of the screen other than my messages due to their love of posting pictures of babies muted by the drug Paxil. I would say Eric Schmidt should be the final boss, but I remembered that Facebook already pretty much beat that foe, so it wouldn't really fit.

#21 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been playing this for over a week..

anyway, it's alright for killing time. It's pretty laggy and buggy on occasion.

#22 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

I stopped playing. It keeps telling me I need more energy, and I don't have the gold to buy it. I don't want to be that guy who keeps requesting my friends for it either.

Also, it takes a really long time to level up. Been playing for over an hour and Black Widow's still on level 1.

i've been playing this game and it really takes time to earn A points to get a new character. I really think you need to buy gold if you wanna be able to play your favorite characters and get to the next stage.

#23 Posted by HellionVulcan (3455 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll play it when bored on facebook

#24 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@Gambit1024 said:

i've been playing this game and it really takes time to earn A points to get a new character. I really think you need to buy gold if you wanna be able to play your favorite characters and get to the next stage.

That's a pitty. Looks like I won't be playing any more...

#25 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca: everyone is a avenger now

#26 Posted by GothamBat (644 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not great, but for a facebook game, it's probably one I will play for awhile. Though, the constant need for energy and whatnot is a drawback. I'll keep playing for now.

#27 Edited by zmanm407 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't do ANYTHING at this point in the game!

Not enough energy, not enough command points, not enough SHIELD points, not enough gold

Buy more?

No I will not pay $100 for 500 pieces of gold that I don't even believe could buy me every character for my team.. It certainly wouldn't be capable of doing that, conducting my research, buying crew for my jets, buying updated weapons and suits or buying me enough energy to go run through my missions a second time!

I was really hoping I could enjoy this game for free, and at first it seemed I could but I haven't even completed Chapter 1 and I feel constricted for the need of gold.

I must say, the bits that I played before I felt limited by that were pretty awesome, though.

#28 Posted by The Jeff (289 posts) - - Show Bio

This game is addictive as can be

#29 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1501 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@Cafeterialoca: everyone is a avenger now

And yet Songbird still isn't...

#30 Posted by AndyPhifer (99 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone would like an ally you can add me on my account I created just to try out dumb Facebook games:

https://www.facebook.com/supersmashandy

#31 Posted by HellionVulcan (3455 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty sad that u can't use allies aka facebook friends that well but still i'm near level 7 .

#32 Posted by Thunderscream (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

i dunno what the deal is, but i'm trying to get into the game and it's making my facebook spaz out

#33 Posted by Manchine (3625 posts) - - Show Bio

@Andy Steven Summers said:

Meh

Wish there was more customization for 'our' Agent. In fact I wish we could of just built our own super hero instead.

That would be something like Champions or City of Heroes both free. This is a app game very very limited.

#34 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

I play all day

#35 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it make me want to get on to facebook more? not really?

#36 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manchine: I know exactly what those two MMO's are, and I know exactly what App games are capable of. It's not they it can't, or could not of been done. It's that they chose not to.

#37 Posted by KNIGHT SAVIOR (822 posts) - - Show Bio

just played this game I liked it

#38 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

i`m gonna try playing it!

#39 Posted by Namor1987 (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

It charges your energy even if you're not playing

#40 Posted by Namor1987 (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

Im about to hit level 10 soon I'm currently doing the use Hawkeye quest 4 times. I chose Iron Fist as my 1st unlocked character.

@AndyPhifer said:

If anyone would like an ally you can add me on my account I created just to try out dumb Facebook games:

https://www.facebook.com/supersmashandy

i'll play with you

http://facebook.com/MarvelTNAFan1987ForLife

#41 Posted by brucecapell (100 posts) - - Show Bio

trying to earn phoenix and can't earn enough gold

#42 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@zmanm407 said:

I can't do ANYTHING at this point in the game!

Not enough energy, not enough command points, not enough SHIELD points, not enough gold

Buy more?

No I will not pay $100 for 500 pieces of gold that I don't even believe could buy me every character for my team.. It certainly wouldn't be capable of doing that, conducting my research, buying crew for my jets, buying updated weapons and suits or buying me enough energy to go run through my missions a second time!

I was really hoping I could enjoy this game for free, and at first it seemed I could but I haven't even completed Chapter 1 and I feel constricted for the need of gold.

I must say, the bits that I played before I felt limited by that were pretty awesome, though.

Yea, what I did to avoid that was I made one dummy account, so that if I REALLY need the avenger credit things I can gift them. They should be easier to acquire. But keep in mind the more bettles you do the more stuff enemies drop during the fights you can pick up. And if ou have facebook allies you can 'visit' their area of town and get stuff once a day. Also on the bottom where you see your allies, there should be 'Tony Stark' click him, 'visit' Stark Tower, and then get money/energy tokens/aveneger point things and a distress call.

thought I'd throw in the advice I have to give :p

#43 Posted by lordgman31 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

yes yes yes yes yes

#44 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#45 Posted by The Impersonator (4304 posts) - - Show Bio

I'VE REACHED LEVEL 19! =P

#46 Posted by mtrakos (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty plain. FB blows too.

#47 Posted by ARMIV2 (7651 posts) - - Show Bio

...Looking very epic right about now...!

#48 Posted by thecomicscove (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall, I'm rather liking this game, even if it's slower to progress through than I'd like. But, that's how most social games tend to be, especially when they're nominally free.

Still, they've done a good job capturing the strategy-superhero RPG vibe. I'll probably be playing this for a while... :)

#49 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone needs an extra friend PM me and I will join you.

#50 Posted by tgmm31 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Is anyone looking for more allie's for Avengers ? I am looking for a few. Please let me know :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.