Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7694 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers A.I. News

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bad news for fans of Sam Humphries as his Avengers A.I. series now joins Uncanny X-Force (Volume 2) in cancellation. When Marvel released it's solicitations of May 2014, Avengers A.I. was notably absent and was officially confirmed as being cancelled this morning via Humphries personal Tumblr account, were he said the following:

"Thanks for all the messages this week — as many of you solicit Sherlocks have already discerned, issue 12 will be the last issue of AVENGERS A.I.

I loved writing this book. I’ll miss it. I’ll miss writing the characters. I couldn’t even say which one I’ll miss the most. Okay, it’s Doombot. But, I am very excited because I’ve been busy working on my next round of Marvel projects. Lots of awesome stuff this year. You’ll hear about the first one in a couple months. My thanks and gratitude to everyone who worked on the book. Jon, Clayton, Frankie, Dylan, Tom, and Valerio who jumped in for two gorgeous issues. And Lauren Sankovitch, queen of the machine menace. The final three or so issues or so are our best, definitely our wildest. Stay tuned for the extinction of humanity, the Marvel Universe of 12,000AD, and a bald parrot.

My THIRD favorite part of this book was writing a bunch of weird robot stuff into the Avengers. Thanks to Marvel for never asking me to pull back.

My SECOND favorite part was working with my creative brother, André Lima Araújo, who made this book amazing and made me a better writer.

My VERY FAVORITE part was watching all of you love the book. For that, I love you all very much. See you again soon (like probably ten min from now on this Tumblr).

Xoxo, Shumphries" (Source).

No word has been released yet about where the cast of Avengers A.I. will go from here.

Personally, I'm going to miss this book. The book was The book was consistently humorous, something I find sorely lacking these days, and the characters were all enjoyable. Series newcomers, Alexis the Protector and Doombot, deserve particular commendation. The treatment of Hank Pym and mental illness was also dealt with in a respectful, but not ham-fisted manner. My favourite issue (released thus far) is the Valerio Schitti guest issue were Vision fights Dimitrios through a series of video game homages (Avengers A.I. #6). It's too bad the book got cancelled just as it started to get rolling. I'd have like to see how where Humphries would have taken the team, especially now that he's introduced Monica Chang's robot hunter squad.

Avengers A.I. #12 will be available for purchase April 30th, 2014.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Aww, that sucks! I've been enjoying this series, and it has two of my favourite characters in it(Hank and Vision). :/

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Will definitely be picking up the last issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.