Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7701 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers 35 Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack
    No Caption Provided

What we know so far:

The Illuminati

No Caption Provided

(I made the image on the bottom)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Teerack

My reaction to this issue.

No Caption Provided

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

So will Superior Iron Man be taking place some time within this eight month gap? Because it would be odd if he was in hiding in one comic, yet throwing parties in San Francisco in another.

Also, did Hank Pym return to his Yellowjacket identity again? O_o

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Teerack

@war_killer said:

So will Superior Iron Man be taking place some time within this eight month gap? Because it would be odd if he was in hiding in on comic, yet throwing parties in San Francisco in another.

Also, did Hank Pym return to his Yellowjacket identity again? O_o

There is nothing letting us know anything about Hank Pym other then showing his hologram and asking Amadeus if they know where he is. It kind of sucks that he is most likely back in his Yellowjacket get up. I would have liked it better if they gave him a new look. Maybe something that looked like his A.I. outfit but with some kind of ant man helmet that could retract to just an ear piece or something. Regardless thank god Hank Pym is in a major marvel book again.

No idea how things will line up in the time line.

I'm most interested to find out Captain Britian's role in the Illuminati since he is Guardian of the Ominverse and his job in The Captain Britian Corps is to protect all earths across all of the multiverse, so blowing up other earths to save another would be really against his whole job, and it also makes me realize it would be impossible for the Captain Britian Corps to not be aware of the Incursions since they monitor all alternate earths.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

The one thing I was asking myself was, why did Thor and Hyperion decide to grow beard??

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one thing I was asking myself was, why did Thor and Hyperion decide to grow beard??

Maybe it's November in comic time.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@teerack: I totally didn't get that reference. Sorry.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@teerack said:

I'm most interested to find out Captain Britian's role in the Illuminati since he is Guardian of the Ominverse and his job in The Captain Britian Corps is to protect all earths across all of the multiverse, so blowing up other earths to save another would be really against his whole job, and it also makes me realize it would be impossible for the Captain Britian Corps to not be aware of the Incursions since they monitor all alternate earths.

yeah, that's the first thing I was thinking looking at that Illuminati thing. Does it mean that Captain Britain's gone rogue?

Also, since when is a terrorist cell like A.I.M. susceptible to corporate takeovers? Maybe I'm naive about how these things work, but how would that even happen? Even if it could happen, would any member of A.I.M., who's power structure has always been based on intelligence, actually respect the authority of Sunspot? I haven't been reading these new stories, but to me that idea stands out as a bit inorganic (unless the whole point of it is that Sunspot can't simply buy their loyalty?)..

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't like this 5 years later stuff... I'll get it in trade if it's good. Seems a lot like Future's End. Not a fan of that either...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

yeah, that's the first thing I was thinking looking at that Illuminati thing. Does it mean that Captain Britain's gone rogue?

Also, since when is a terrorist cell like A.I.M. susceptible to corporate takeovers? Maybe I'm naive about how these things work, but how would that even happen? Even if it could happen, would any member of A.I.M., who's power structure has always been based on intelligence, actually respect the authority of Sunspot? I haven't been reading these new stories, but to me that idea stands out as a bit inorganic (unless the whole point of it is that Sunspot can't simply buy their loyalty?)..

It wouldn't be that crazy to think Brian went rogue. I first started to like Captain Britian because in House of M he was willing to risk the destruction of all other realities to save his own.

A.I.M. over the last few years in the past three volumes of Secret Avengers and in Avengers World has transitioned into a political/sovereign state where they run as a government of a nation all their own and it gives them diplomatic immunity and they organize their science stuff as a corporation to avoid liability so that the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. can't touch them. It's what's made them such a big thread recently because they aren't able to just go stop them from building up their tech and weapons and stuff. Sunspot said that the guys at A.I.M. aren't so bad once he got rid of the management.

I'm pretty sure A.I.M. first started to change into what it now is way back in Hickman's Fantastic Four which makes me wonder just how long he has been planing this story.

@oscars94 said:

I really don't like this 5 years later stuff... I'll get it in trade if it's good. Seems a lot like Future's End. Not a fan of that either...

8 months isn't even one year. It's not like Futures End we're continuing form here now and not just looking at the future.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By HumanRocket

@oscars94 said:

It's not 5 years later. It's a jump of 8 months. And it's only affecting the Avengers and New Avengers titles. All other titles for Marvel are not jumping 8 months ahead.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to be honest, I forgot about Captain Britain. I should have thought about how Cap Bri could have found out about incursions from the rest of the Crops. The new additions are nice touch, but I wonder if time travel or a gate way to another dimension is being build but Thor and Hyperion.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Are tomorrow Marvel may have to change his costume :P

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Sorry your sentences is confusing. I don't understand what you wrote.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: *sigh* freaking auto correct. That are was meant to be an as, because if we (Scotland) go I dependant the Union Jack will be changed. So marvel will need to change his costume to match the new flag.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: ohhhhh that makes sense. Lol that would be funny, and I would want to see how Marvel changes his uniform and to what colors.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@humanrocket: *sigh* freaking auto correct. That are was meant to be an as, because if we (Scotland) go I dependant the Union Jack will be changed. So marvel will need to change his costume to match the new flag.

I still don't know what you're saying.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: From what I know the new Union Jack will be well look at a picture of what it looks like now but remove the blue.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@humanrocket: From what I know the new Union Jack will be well look at a picture of what it looks like now but remove the blue.

Why would they need to change Captain Britian's costume? What does Union Jack have to do with anything...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: the Union Jack is an amalgamation of the flags of Scotland, England and Ireland. So if Scotland go independent the rest of the UK could not use the old Union Jack flag because Scotland is no longer a part of the UK. So a new one would have to be designed with Scotland's flag and Captain Britan's costume is the current Union Jack flag and marvel would have to change his costume to the new Union Jack design if Scotland goes Independant.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Teerack

@z3ro180: Oh. That's really neat I didn't know that. They could maybe make the blue on him green since Whales is now part of the UK. I found this on the wiki page as a proposed design.

No Caption Provided

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: wales has always been apart of the UK it's just their flag was never apart of the Union Jack.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Teerack

@z3ro180: Ah okay. I don't really keep up on what country owns what other country :P

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By z3ro180

@teerack: England doesn't own any country's in the Union. Dame you are highly uninformed on anything brittish.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Teerack

@z3ro180: I thought the UK was just the name for all of the counties that britian owned? I mean I know they called it "becoming independent" when they leave the union... that sounds like they own them to me >.<

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By z3ro180

@teerack: Depending on who you talk to about it a lot of people in brittan do think that England own brittan.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: well sooner or later the Illuminati blowing up worlds should have an impact on the other marvel titles.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: I mean... wasn't the UK created by just being all the different countries that never gained Independence from back when England owned every thing.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I don't know I'm a little fuzzy on how it stared. It's all got to do with the royal family and oliver Cromwell

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope next issue picks up right at the end of the last issue. I feel like if Doc Green and Doctor Strange teleported to Cho's location there is nothing they could really do to stop them from saving him. They don't have Thor and Hyperion and Captain Marvel is no match for Doc Green, or even Doctor Strange for that matter. I feel like letting an Illuminati member get captured would be the worst thing to happen to their team.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HumanRocket

@humanrocket: well sooner or later the Illuminati blowing up worlds should have an impact on the other marvel titles.

The only title it could potential have an impact are the Ultimate universe titles. So Miles Morales and the New Ultimates would be affected, but I doubt it.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@teerack said:

A.I.M. over the last few years in the past three volumes of Secret Avengers and in Avengers World has transitioned into a political/sovereign state where they run as a government of a nation all their own and it gives them diplomatic immunity and they organize their science stuff as a corporation to avoid liability so that the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. can't touch them. It's what's made them such a big thread recently because they aren't able to just go stop them from building up their tech and weapons and stuff. Sunspot said that the guys at A.I.M. aren't so bad once he got rid of the management.

yeah, I knew about them being like their own nation, but that still doesn't make sense to me how Sunspot could just buy them out.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Teerack

@oldnightcrawler: Well he got rich somehow in the past 8 months. Just look at Quinton Quire he went from broke to billionaire in one story arch, or maybe S.H.I.E.L.D. or someone bought them out and just appointed Sunspot to be CEO.

@mark_stephen said:

The only title it could potential have an impact are the Ultimate universe titles. So Miles Morales and the New Ultimates would be affected, but I doubt it.

You don't thin that Tony Stark, Beast, Hulk, etc. being on the worlds most wanted list will effect other books? It will effect Superior Iron Man for Sure, it will effect Hulk for sure, this will effect the other Avengers titles, and it will really effect the X-Men since Beast gives Scott Summers a hard time and is now revealed to be the biggest hypocrite of all, Storm for sure will have a reaction to Black Panthers actions, and most drastically based on what is currently happening in Fantastic Four and what we have seen in this book this could actually be the real "fall of the fantastic four" since Ben is in jail, johnny is powerless, and now Sue hates Reed. The Illuminati's actions have also led to Thanos running with the Cabal and killing alternate earths of their own. Star-Lord is already coming to earth in his book to hunt down Thanos so this has already effected the Star-Lord book which means it could easily effect the GotG.

That is only some of the fall out from this not considering what will come from Pym, Cho, Namor, Blackbolt, Cpt Britian, and Strange all being criminals. It could lead to a new appointment of a Sorcerer/Sorceress Supreme. It could also have a big effect on other characters now having a much bigger role as the only good guy genius' left are Spider-Man, Blue Marvel, and Valeria Richards.

Because of the Illuminati it's already effected the world as the Avengers are now a SHIELD task force.

Not to mention what some of the upcoming covers suggest, and what it actually means in 8 moths when time runs out.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: This goes on the assumption that they'll follow through. I don't believe that they will. The solicits already have the FF together and back in their blue uniforms. At best all the writers seem to be able to do is storylines like Tony Stark fugitive or Avengers Prime which are in my opinion throw away stories designed to allow marvel to say 'yea we dealt with that, now on to the next big event'.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Teerack

@mark_stephen: Ah well I guess it might not tie directly into the current FF plot, but in Avenger 35 Reed is in the new blue outfit so it could still sync up. I think a lot of people don't expect marvel to follow through with things but ever since NOW they seem to have been making bigger commitments.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Whuuups, I misread that somehow. Well I'm embarrassed!

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This really was a great issue, it was my favorite book this week. Cho was right the Avengers are coming off as fascists

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Teerack

@grenadeflow: Yeah It makes me nervous that Blue Marvel might quit again since he didn't want any part of super heroing when registration was around. On the bright side this kind of leaves the role of lead smart guy hero wide open for Arno Stark though.

knightmare187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By knightmare187

Sue Stom is not a vey supportive wife. She seems to battle Reed more then help. Of course I really don't read the fantastic four book. But when ever I see them in other books they are usually on opposite sides. Not sure how they are still married.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.