Avengers 2: Focus on their status as superheroes?

#1 Edited by Arcadian (376 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing that I've adored in the Iron Man films (especially 3), is that whenever there was an opportunity, the writers took time to explore Stark's glory of being a superhero. Now by the time Avengers 2 releases, all our characters will already be established - I'd honestly like the film to explore certain events in the comics, such as certain characters moving into the Avengers Tower, being called on missions... Those are the kind of things that I generally miss in comics these days. Does anyone else think that they should try and get back to that? Hell, I won't care if they threw in an Avengers Assemble line, no matter how cheesy it would be.

(Had to cut this short, really late :P)

#2 Posted by Oscars94 (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool idea man! I'd love to see a cheesy scene with Cap and Iron Man in Avengers Tower,just talking. Suddenly there's an explosion outside. Tony's like:"That's our cue". I think that the Avengers membership cards could work onscreen aswell. A scene with all of the Avengers arriving from different places could be awesome.

#3 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4184 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda like the idea of a scene with Ironman trying to explain to Cap' and Thor what a superhero is, and pulling out an old Captain America comic book he got from his dad to do so..

Then Hawkeye wonders by, commenting,"hey, I read that. It wasn't very good.."

at which point we see that Bruce is in the room, and he replies with, "no. it was great."

#4 Edited by BigMaraSpence (74 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a pretty neat idea! It would have to be really early in the movie (or as a funny "after credits" scene) though. Considering Thanos will almost certainly be the villain, a scene that simple and fun doesn't seem like it would have a spot in the middle of all the crazy action that will happen.

#5 Posted by _I_AM_THOR_ (1 posts) - - Show Bio

never understood why J-Whedon chose the 2 Avengers that had NO SuperPowers to put in the movie when he could’ve chosen them with Powers, it makes sense now to have QUICKSILVER because he is basically like THE FLASH of Marvel and SCARLET WITCH is Marvel’s answer to WONDER WOMAN, Avengers 2 will be very very exciting!

#6 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@_i_am_thor_: Oh I don't know I thought Hawkeye had more value to the team his trick arrows being versatile makes up for no powers, Widow on the other hand I agree with. As to Scarlet Witch I thought of her as the Zatanna of the team.

#7 Posted by young_beamer (127 posts) - - Show Bio

i totally agree with this, but i think they kinda choose a subject, villain, or happening and to focus on in the movies. but yeah while doing this they sacrifice the "we're superheroes" feeling.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.