Avengers 2 and 3

#1 Posted by vandinejd_1991 (280 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so with the knowledge that there are going to be a second and third Avengers films here is what I would do if I were Joss Whedon. First of all Thanos, who was revealed to be a future threat for the Avengers in the first film, should be saved for the last film of the series and here is why:

The first film had Loki as the main villain which is not really a threat to the Avengers which is why the Chitauri and the Tesseract were needed. However, Loki is a villain that Thor can defeat on his own as is usually the case in most Thor comics and in the movie. Therefore the villain for the second film should be a threat that an individual that an individual cannot face alone. I'm thinking of someone like Ultron or Kang or the Masters of Evil for the next film mainly cause that would be the only way to top the threat of Loki in the first film. Thanos should be saved for the last film because he is the biggest threat not just to Earth but to the entire universe and therefore the grand finale should be the most epic conflict in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and if I had any say I would not include just the Avengers but everyone in the Marvel Cinematic Universe including the Guardians of the Galaxy, X-men, Spiderman, etc. would be involved.

Also the scope of the battle needs to slowly increase until the grande finale in the third film which would span the galaxy or the universe. But with the final battle of the first Avengers film only being set in New York then Avengers 2 should involve all the earth. For example, Ultron could unleash an army of robots on capital cities of the world, or Kang could unleash his army in just the same way. If the Masters of Evil are the villains then each individual member could lead an army to assault different cities of the world such as Baron Zemo leading an assault on Berlin, the Leader could lead an army of gamma monsters into Washington DC, Enchantress could lead an amy of frost giants, Crimson Dynamo could lead an army of humans in Iron-Man like armor, etc.

#2 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron can't be included as they Haven't introduced Hank Pym yet, save Ultron for a third film (though really only 2 is confirmed) so that you have the emotional impact of the team almost being betrayed by one of their own. Physically Thanos is the bigger threat but really Ultron would be better served in a threequel, as as I say there'd be the breaking of trust after this team have gotten to know each other, and plus then the Vision could be introduced for a final third act debut (hopefully not played by Vin Diesel).

I like the idea of a globe spanning fight against the masters of evil, would be like a flip side to phase 1, seeing the villains assembled as opposed to the heroes, though it'd be pretty boring to see the same villains return so soon, and the team wouldn't really need to work together (the best part of the first) as they could take on each threat by themselves.

#3 Posted by vandinejd_1991 (280 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually an Ant-Man film is part of the Phase 2 movies. I highly doubt Ultron will be the main villain for the film, but him building the robot that will become Ultron could be a side plot from the main story. A post-credits scene if there is one is the robot coming to life and wreaking havoc in the lab before escaping.

#4 Edited by Oscars94 (2475 posts) - - Show Bio

Masters of Evil would be cool and it could work as well. Hulk vs Abomination. Cap vs Baron Zemo. Iron Man vs Crimson Domino. Thor vs Enchantress and Executioner. Giant man, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Wasp vs Wonderman.

#5 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

1: Protect Earth (loki)

2. Protect Universe (thanos)

3. Protect Existence (infinity gauntlet)

That how I think it should go scope wise.

#6 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrArrogant said:

Ultron can't be included as they Haven't introduced Hank Pym yet, save Ultron for a third film (though really only 2 is confirmed) so that you have the emotional impact of the team almost being betrayed by one of their own. Physically Thanos is the bigger threat but really Ultron would be better served in a threequel, as as I say there'd be the breaking of trust after this team have gotten to know each other, and plus then the Vision could be introduced for a final third act debut (hopefully not played by Vin Diesel).

I like the idea of a globe spanning fight against the masters of evil, would be like a flip side to phase 1, seeing the villains assembled as opposed to the heroes, though it'd be pretty boring to see the same villains return so soon, and the team wouldn't really need to work together (the best part of the first) as they could take on each threat by themselves.

They actually made an animated movie where Tony Stark Built Ultron instead. So if marvel wants to deviate from the source material a little more they could just do that again.

#7 Posted by vandinejd_1991 (280 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't Thanos be using the Infinity Gauntlet in the second film?

#8 Posted by vandinejd_1991 (280 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I change my mind about what I said above. Have Thanos for the second film and the Masters of Evil for the last film. Here is my reasoning in-between all three Avengers films Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and Hulk if he gets another film plus any other members of the Avengers that are introduced in later movies. Therefore if Avengers 3 is the last of the series then what a way to end it than to have the Avengers face all of their enemies that they have faced in the past sort of like the Injustice League Unlimited but with the Masters of Evil. Since Thor, Cap, and Iron Man are considered the trinity of the Avengers like Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman make up the trinity of the Justice League then the worst enemies of the three leading Avengers: Red Skull, Mandarin, and Loki help form this villainous team. Then it could consist of Iron Monger, Abomination, Whiplash, Malekith, whoever is the other villain in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (I'm presuming that the Winter Soldier will go from Villain to hero in the sequel so im not including him in this team), and whatever other villains appear in the Phase 3 villains. Plus Mandarin could lead his Ten Rings group, Red Skull could be in charge of HYDRA, and Loki could lead some evil army from one of the nine realms. The last battle of the last Avengers film would be the most epic battle Marvel will have pulled off yet if they do this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.