Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron [confirmed]

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

The Marvel Studios panel at San Diego Comic-Con ended with writer-director Joss Whedon taking the stage at Hall H to announce the official title of Marvel's The Avengers 2, which is ... Avengers: Age of Ultron!

You may know that "Age of Ultron" is a relatively recent Marvel Comics storyline so it'll be interesting to see how much they cull from that for the big screen sequel to the 2012 blockbuster.

Here is the official title treatment courtesy of Marvel and Disney:

No Caption Provided

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Ultron as a character, i really really hope he just gets the respect he deserves.

Shame its not about Thanos but this should give them more time to set him up for something big.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Ultron as a character, i really really hope he just gets the respect he deserves.

Shame its not about Thanos but this should give them more time to set him up for something big.

I like Ultron too, But I think MCU should stay away from the current comic storyline....it gives us a feeling that they are trying to sell more comic books. Especially the upcoming Guardian of the Galaxy movie, I personally don't think non comic books audience will take that movie seriously....cuz to them, it looks mre like a kids' movie.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Killemall

@goddamnironman: Not going to say a lot about Guardians of the Galaxy, coz i think they missed a trick or two. I understand how having Gamora would help plot, because she is a lady trying to be a hero but has a bad reputation and an unforgettable lineage she is the daughter of Thanos.

Drax i supposed was there because need him to link to Thanos for Avengers 03.

Peter has to be there because we need at least 1 human.

Why try and oversell Groot and Rocket, they are what comic relief? Adam Warlock would have been pretty cool to have there. I think people are likely to find a genetic cloned human with cosmic power who struggles with 1 problem, he doesnt have feelings or emotion, would be easier to sell to public than a talking tree who saying nothing apart from "I am Groot" or a talking Racoon.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'm tinged by that god awful recent event but fortunately, I know Whedon won't make those level of mistakes in this film. I don't think they'll be adapting Age of Ultron directly fortunately. They're just using that as a name for the film. I'm really glad Ultron is the antagonist since he's a classic Avengers foe and deserves to be well represented on screen. Whedon and co are the best people for that job. I'm also pleased Thanos is being left until Avengers 3 so that something really big can be done with him.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm happy Ultron is the next Villain. I really didn't want Thanos to be the villain. I like the idea that he will be the third and final boss plus Guardians of the Galaxy can add to Thanos story.

( + )

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Succesfull event,last year's "Age Of Ultron".....no wonder they chose it...............(psssst.....sarcasm!)

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: Not going to say a lot about Guardians of the Galaxy, coz i think they missed a trick or two. I understand how having Gamora would help plot, because she is a lady trying to be a hero but has a bad reputation and an unforgettable lineage she is the daughter of Thanos.

Drax i supposed was there because need him to link to Thanos for Avengers 03.

Peter has to be there because we need at least 1 human.

Why try and oversell Groot and Rocket, they are what comic relief? Adam Warlock would have been pretty cool to have there. I think people are likely to find a genetic cloned human with cosmic power who struggles with 1 problem, he doesnt have feelings or emotion, would be easier to sell to public than a talking tree who saying nothing apart from "I am Groot" or a talking Racoon.

which is the problem, considering how Marvel previously set each movie tied up to the next one, but this movie has nothing to do with the Avengers 2 (Ultron). SO audience aren't preparing to see Ultron coming? Marvel is currently targeting non-comicbook audience.... and I hate to see people say bad things about this movie.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

Wait what? I trust Joss Whedon but man the Age of Ultron comic was far from what I called good. It just didn’t make much sense. Unless this is a move by Marvel to some how aquire and bring in all the other properties i do not know.

I like the concept of the Age of Ultron where Ultron suddenly takes over the world and totally messes everything up. The execution by Bendis was so not good. There is an Ant-Man film currently in pre-production with Edgar Wright attached to direct, perhaps Ant-Man will serve the same purpose of Captain America: The First Avenger by introducing the mcguffin

What if Vin Disel is Ultron AND the Vision because aren't the two linked since one created the other? My Avengers knowledge isn't the best when it comes to pre1990's stuff.

If Joss pulls this off I really hope it shows Marvel how to do proper event books. So many event books now across Marvel and DC seem to be characters reacting to plot with very little emotional grounding. One of the reasons I think Flashpoint Parodox works so well is it starts of grounded in Flash's guilt. The Age of Ultron even was just that characters reacting to plot with little emotional reason beyond survival. I didn't really have a reason to care about these Avengers but the ones I see on screen I will care about.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I don't understand why they are choosing to use Ultron for Avengers 2 when we basically saw that Thanos was the one pulling the strings the whole time in original Avengers. The whole teaser of him at the end was suppose to set him up as the villain for the next movie.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Raw_Material
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegodofthunder: Wait no Hank? I take back some of my enthusiasm for this then.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: How can you be disappointed Spider-Man isn't in it? For one film rights are owned by Sony and aren't going over to Marvel any time soon and second of all, Spider-Man is a bit too out of place in an Avengers film. He doesn't really belong with the Avengers in all honesty as he's much more of a loner. Not to mention he'd hog all the limelight. I'm glad Spider-Man is separate from the Avengers honestly because the clash would be too jarring.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Veshark

@lvenger said:

@punyparker: How can you be disappointed Spider-Man isn't in it? For one film rights are owned by Sony and aren't going over to Marvel any time soon and second of all, Spider-Man is a bit too out of place in an Avengers film. He doesn't really belong with the Avengers in all honesty as he's much more of a loner. Not to mention he'd hog all the limelight. I'm glad Spider-Man is separate from the Avengers honestly because the clash would be too jarring.

Agreed.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

A cameo or something,y'know?....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: But that's pointless fan service IMO. Why bother having Spider-Man in a cameo if he's not exactly big gun material for the Avengers so to speak. Same with Wolverine too.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: But that's pointless fan service IMO. Why bother having Spider-Man in a cameo if he's not exactly big gun material for the Avengers so to speak. Same with Wolverine too.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Killemall

@punyparker: They are more likely to just drop an easter egg or something. Also Sony and Marvel are in pretty good terms, Sony produces most of Marvel's animated movies, even after its been taken over by Disney. Iron Man: Rise of the Technovore is Sony Production and it has absolutely nothing to do with comics. :p

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should be cool. Sad he has no connection to Ant man though.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PunyParker

@lvenger: Maybe you're right...

@punyparker: They are more likely to just drop an easter egg or something. Also Sony and Marvel are in pretty good terms, Sony produces most of Marvel's animated movies, even after its been taken over by Disney. Iron Man: Rise of the Technovore is Sony Production and it has absolutely nothing to do with comics. :p

Yeah,i know,also in IM3 game there's a Oscorp logo seen at some point....

youngwonderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so angry that they're leaving Pym out of the Ultron story, but I guess he just didn't fit. I'm just glad they're giving us an Antman movie.

CHUCKY47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whedon said they're just using the name! They're making their own story. The team will include: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor ,Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon,Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. It's Ultron so it's highly possible that Vision will be in it. Ant Man and Wasp haven't been confirmed however. That's a lot of Avengers!

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chucky47 said:

@goddamnironman: serious ugh I wanted THANOS but I guess ULTRON will do

Thanos will be in the 3rd movie. No worry...

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would allow time for a big buildup for Thanos!

Maybe this is for the best.

Avatar image for spadoni_production
    Spadoni_Production

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.